weather

Hi! I'm sailing out of Baltimore for the first time this December on a Christmas/ NYE cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. This will be my 11th cruise but anytime I have sailed in the winter, it has been from Florida where the weather is superb. I was wondering if you can tell me how many of the sea days will be cold? My cruise is 12 nights and the first 4 days are sea days. I'm really hoping by the 2nd/3rd day that I will be able to sit in the sun. Thanks so much

We're cruising on the Grandeur next Saturday and we cruised before from Baltimore in the winter. Based on my personal experience, in general it's cool the first morning at sea but then by the afternoon you're usually south enough where it's warmer by the afternoon. On our last cruise from Baltimore in December 2013 it was in the 30's and flurries the day we left. By the afternoon of the first day at sea it was in the 70's.

Of course weather is subject to change, but hopefully it will be something similar.

Don't think the Weather Gods post here. I can tell you we are expecting cool weather here in Central FL next week. It has been in 40-50 degree range in the morning recently. Wore long sleeves and warm vest to chruch this am. The wind at sea can be quite chilly too. Layers work best.

Don't think the Weather Gods post here. I can tell you we are expecting cool weather here in Central FL next week. It has been in 40-50 degree range in the morning recently. Wore long sleeves and warm vest to chruch this am. The wind at sea can be quite chilly too. Layers work best.

You might want to reread the original post, the OP is sailing from a northern port. They are asking how many days it takes before the ship starts reaching warmer waters.

We're cruising on the Grandeur next Saturday and we cruised before from Baltimore in the winter. Based on my personal experience, in general it's cool the first morning at sea but then by the afternoon you're usually south enough where it's warmer by the afternoon. On our last cruise from Baltimore in December 2013 it was in the 30's and flurries the day we left. By the afternoon of the first day at sea it was in the 70's.

Of course weather is subject to change, but hopefully it will be something similar.

This was my experience as well. On the return, it was the same situation. That last day started on rather warm but by afternoon, the pool decks were deserted and everyone was looking for indoor activities.

You might want to reread the original post, the OP is sailing from a northern port. They are asking how many days it takes before the ship starts reaching warmer waters.

I read the OP's post. I know where the ship is sailing from. I am simply telling them there is no way to actually know. How many days does it take to sail from Baltimore to Florida? Simply saying it is chilly in FL so don't expect the weather to be warm until after FL.

Hi! I'm sailing out of Baltimore for the first time this December on a Christmas/ NYE cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. This will be my 11th cruise but anytime I have sailed in the winter, it has been from Florida where the weather is superb. I was wondering if you can tell me how many of the sea days will be cold? My cruise is 12 nights and the first 4 days are sea days. I'm really hoping by the 2nd/3rd day that I will be able to sit in the sun. Thanks so much

You will be sailing during the coldest months of the year, and in Florida, we do get cold spells. No one can answer your question until you get to a few days before you trip, and check the weather report. I can be in the 70's, or it can not leave the 50's.

Most reviews I have read (never done it myself, but would consider it) usually mention not getting in the pool till day 3. Your mileage may vary.