Caribbean fishing excursion?

Tom O.

I was just looking at the excursions available for my upcoming 11 day So, Caribbean cruise, and I don't see a single fishing excursion for any of the ports. Is this normal?

What are the chances of finding a fishing trip at one of the piers?

My ports are Philipsburg, Castries, Bridgetown, Fort -de-France, St Johns, St Thomas, and Half Moon Cay.

I know I should be asking this at Caribbean forum, but I wanted answers related to HAL and I didn't want to have to ask at each island's forum.

There used to be two fishing excursions at HMC: a flats fishing one and a deep-sea fishing one. My DH has done the deep-sea one several times.

On the other islands, the problem is that while you can arrange a fishing charter, they will charge you an arm and a leg. We did a half-day in Aruba (which I know isn't one of your ports, but just as an example), and it was $400 for a half day.

If you can get some interest on your roll call, you could split the cost.

Thanks, I'm not sure yet if I would have time to go fishing, since we have a few other excursions planned. But, I was surprised that HAL didn't have a single fishing excursion on my entire itinerary. I guess it is not something that appeals to most HAL passengers.

Fishing charters are always expensive, so I am not surprised by that, I was hoping for an excursion where the cost was divided among 3 or 4 people.

I am not sure I want to plan ahead for a fishing charter, so maybe I will run into someone on a pier looking to fill up his boat.