Europe 2018

MikeNKim

If has been a bit of a mess recently but, to try to be a bit more helpful, I would expect them to start coming out fairly soon.

Often the Med are released first and then Northern Europe follows a bit later.

This is totally from memory, but I think that 2017 Med cruises were released either late 2015 or early 2016.

Baltics and Northern Europe were released in the Spring, but that was possibly a bit delayed as there were a lot of changes from previous years and an extra ship.

Hopefully it will all be a bit smoother this time. Whilst all the changes were frustrating, they have come up with some really nice itineraries in my opinion.

Last year we were planning a Norway cruise for 2017 and wanted to use NCL. Their schedules came out much later than Princess, Holland America and everyone else. Since we have specific cabin preferences, we booked with Princess. And when NCL's schedules did come out, the itineraries weren't as good.

A TA on facebook told the itineraries are dut to be open for sale the 18th of Dec 2016 - I am wondering about that, since it's a Sunday.

But in Dec 2013 the summer 2015 runs also were released @Sunday...

I already have a 2018/19 schedule for evey ship - excluding Bliss, Jewel and joy.

A TA on facebook told the itineraries are dut to be open for sale the 18th of Dec 2016 - I am wondering about that, since it's a Sunday.

I already have a 2018/19 schedule for evey ship - excluding Bliss, Jewel and joy.

Please post it! Maybe you can black out the incriminating details???

Anything on the Greek isles cruises (like which ship will be doing them)? That's next on my list so any early info would be appreciated! Hoping to go for our 1yr wedding anniversary in June 2018 (assuming we get the wedding done haha)

I've seen some other posts saying that the itineraries are coming out, but I can only see Hawaii and a very odd Southamption-Miami via Iceland cruise. Think it could be the UK site doesn't have much yet.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

They are already available on NCL Asia website. It looks like pretty much the same as 2017 with the Jade, Star, Epic and Spirit. Missing is the Getaway and Baltic cruises. I assume that will be added when the figure out which ship is doing that route. I've read rumors it's the Breakaway. https://www.ncl.com/in/en/cruise-deal/bogoho

HI all!

littlelulu01 ~ thanks, but when I tried to find a cruise in Oct 2018 using that link all that came up was Pride of America so I guess the European ones are still to come. I'm interested in the cruise Spirit did this year going to Kotor & Mykonos, 2 places I've yet to see.

Squish ~ hello!:D

Hope they post fall of 2018 soon.

~ Jo ~:)

HI all!

littlelulu01 ~ thanks, but when I tried to find a cruise in Oct 2018 using that link all that came up was Pride of America so I guess the European ones are still to come. I'm interested in the cruise Spirit did this year going to Kotor & Mykonos, 2 places I've yet to see.

Squish ~ hello!:D

Hope they post fall of 2018 soon.

~ Jo ~:)

I assume they will post winter and fall 2018 when they post Baltic. I didn't look too closely at the itineraries - the only reason I even knew they were bookable is because of the 50% off 2nd passenger for 2017 Europe sale NCL is running on that site which btw saved me about 4k on a Haven suite.

I know the 2018 prices are a little higher than this year but the 50% off second passenger deal they've been running since September, 2016 for Europe 2017 makes the 2017 prices much less for 2017. Too bad that wasn't advertised in the US. I couldn't figure out why so many of the suites were getting booked up but at 50% off it makes total sense. I'm just glad someone finally found and posted it. I'm still paying a couple thousand more than lowest prices but still a huge bargain over full price advertised in the US market.

Just had another quick look and Summer 2018 in Europe is now showing for me! Not sure if every cruise is on there yet, but the Greek ones I'm interested in are. There's a perfect cruise from Venice which visits my two 'must' ports of Mykonos and Santorini, and it's over the date of our wedding anniversary. Now if they just want to half the price for me.... :(

Just had a quick spin through the itineraries that are on the UK web site now. Clearly not all there yet and there are also some interesting gaps in the "big" ships summer and later itineraries in Europe and elsewhere. The Breakaway and Getaway are both currently missing and the second half of the year for the Epic is also missing, so they could be even more interesting. From the late summer transatlantic, Epic will be sailing around Europe all summer. The Epic sailings currently available are the "bread and butter" 7-day runs round the old circuit in the Western Med - much easier to plan. Thus maybe there will be some more interesting ones coming later.

It is very clear from the itineraries that are available that somebody in NCL has been thinking about what types of different itineraries will be competitive in Europe. Thankfully, those stupid North Sea ferry trips from 2017 pretending to be to the well inland capital cities are not going to be repeated - presumably a lesson that could have easily been avoided by listening to just a few European travelers have been learned. The extra lengths of summer holidays in Europe are also being reflected in the increase in more than 7-day milk runs. Well done NCL.

The Adriatic trips are improved, particularly with the frequent visits to beautiful Kotor for the Star. The Jade Northern itineraries are also much better planned by avoiding mixing UK Southampton and Hamburg Germany itineraries by having the UK ones in the earlier part of the summer and the German ones in the second half.

All-in-all pretty good so far and possibly getting better if they decide to use the Breakaway for the Baltic because of it's Haven roof and generally better facilities for the colder trips up North.

So Breakaway it is then - a big ship designed to live with cooler northern weather. Dry dock after TA and then doing the St Petersberg runs from Copenhagen. It really looks as though the NCL team have done some proper research and have got a really sensible range of itineraries for 2018 (as long as they don't mess them up in the meantime!!)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/12/15/norwegian-escape-new-york-cruise/95455208/

"Escape will be replacing the three-year-old Norwegian Breakaway, which will move from New York to the Baltic for the summer of 2018."

A better ship for the Baltic than Getaway heh...

Yup - some parts of her will make her the most up-to-date ship after the dry dock she is having prior to starting the Baltic runs. :)