cancelling 1 person on a booking

Hi

I'm hoping that you can give me some advice here. So thank you in advance :) We are taking a holiday cruise on Norwegian Epic leaving on the

30th with our adult children and their partners. However my daughter has just split up with her partner so we shall be a party of 5 rather than 6. We booked through cruisesonly and when I called them to update they suggested that I would lose the total cost of the cruise anyway so we should just turn up at the quayside and register as a no show. We would then get port taxes refunded. I'm a bit doubtful about this advice as it actually means I would need to register her partner and print out the edocs? Can anyone advise, is this the best thing to do?

we also have a drinks & dining package included can someone else use these as we've paid the full price??

thank you

Hi

I'm hoping that you can give me some advice here. So thank you in advance :) We are taking a holiday cruise on Norwegian Epic leaving on the

30th with our adult children and their partners. However my daughter has just split up with her partner so we shall be a party of 5 rather than 6. We booked through cruisesonly and when I called them to update they suggested that I would lose the total cost of the cruise anyway so we should just turn up at the quayside and register as a no show. We would then get port taxes refunded. I'm a bit doubtful about this advice as it actually means I would need to register her partner and print out the edocs? Can anyone advise, is this the best thing to do?

we also have a drinks & dining package included can someone else use these as we've paid the full price??

thank you

You didn't tell us how the cabins are split, I'm think that you had a couple in each cabin. If that is the case there is no reason to cancel the 6th person because the remaining passenger in that cabin will have to pay the double fare anyway.

Whether you cancel or the person is treated as a no show, you will get a refund of any port fees and taxes, and any packages that you paid for along with any prepaid gratuities. If you bought six drink and beverage packages you will get the refund, if you did not buy six you should be able to reassign one, but if not you can get a full refund so it is not a monetary loss.

I believe you can replace the person not going up until a few days before. Call NCL to confirm. Also did you use a credit card to pay? Check with them on the cancellation policy. You might have insurance through the CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Similar experience here!

The person who was supposed to go cancelled out. A call was placed to NCL and to Expedia who originally booked the cruise. Name was changed and all documents updated to reflect the change. Another person is going in place of the one who cancelled. It was a very easy process.

If you can find someone, it would be nice to have a 6th person to share the cabin. The expense won't be lost. Perhaps the new person could reimburse the person who cancelled.

Best Wishes!

I'm a bit doubtful about this advice as it actually means I would need to register her partner and print out the edocs? Can anyone advise, is this the best thing to do?
In your situation (you are in the 100% penalty phase, and you are not planning to file a cancellation insurance claim), there is no advantage in cancelling, and no disadvantage (for you) if the ex-partner just no-shows.

It does mean that if your daughter (and anyone else in the same cabin) wants to complete on-line check-in, the missing passenger will also need to be checked in. This involves a tiny bit of fraud, because someone will need to agree to the cruise contract on his behalf. You only need to print out one page of the e-docs, and it's for the entire cabin, so there's nothing to print out specifically for the ex-partner.

If you mean the promotional dining packages, then no. Those are tied specifically to each passenger's card, and if the passenger doesn't check-in, his card won't be issued, and no one else can use his perks.

Norwegian doesn't make this easy.

I have cancelled a person on two separate cruises. Both times NCL gave my TA some long story and once actually told her that I would have to pay MORE! but she argued and got a supervisor and they then canceled the one person to show only my name on the reservation.

You can also just show up and at check-in tell the agent the person is not coming. I've done that once too. They asked me a bunch of questions but it was fine.

And yes, port taxes for the second person were refunded.

Edited by mizLORInj

Hi

thank you

You should heed their advice. If you try to cancel him now, they will probably re-book your daughter as a single and charge you even more. When you check in just tell them he will be a no-show and they will refund your taxes and fees later.