Is there smoked salmon on the buffet on FOS

the kids

As we will be sailing FOS next week with a large group, we are anxious to indulge, as before on FOS, with smoked salmon.

Some cruisers mentioned that there was none on the Navigator buffet in the Windjammer, but have to ask for it in the MDR breakfast.

Does anyone have updated information, past few weeks, if there is smoked salmon at all, if it is on the buffet, or has to be asked for.

Much appreciated

The Kids:mad:

As we will be sailing FOS next week with a large group, we are anxious to indulge, as before on FOS, with smoked salmon.

Some cruisers mentioned that there was none on the Navigator buffet in the Windjammer, but have to ask for it in the MDR breakfast.

Does anyone have updated information, past few weeks, if there is smoked salmon at all, if it is on the buffet, or has to be asked for.

Much appreciated

The Kids:mad:

No experience with FOS. Haven't seen Smoked Salmon in WJ on several other ships. I will tell you that both the DL and CL/SL have it every morning and most evenings and it is delicious (especially with the Blue Cheese Balls).

It was on the MDR menu every morning on Liberty a few weeks ago. I believe I saw it in the WJ as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have not seen Smoked Salmon in the WJ. I have seen it MDR for lunch (The Salad Bar)

I believe it is on all ships. We did the Galley Tour last week on Serenade and the Sous Chief mentioned that Smoked Salmon was a normal supply order when they replenished. It is aboard the ships, just got to know where to find it.

Just ask.

On our last two Royal Caribbean cruises they did not have it out on the buffet getting mangled and dried out. I asked and was presented with individual servings each on a plate and saran wrapped that were kept in an under counter fridge. MUCH BETTER THIS WAY.

OMO

bosco

Am currently on the Freedom since 11/26. They do not have it on the buffet for breakfast. Very disappointed. They have it in the MDR in the AM. At lunch in the MDR you have to ask. May or may not get it depending on how rude the server is (and we've run into quite a number - another disappointment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ask.

On our last two Royal Caribbean cruises they did not have it out on the buffet getting mangled and dried out. I asked and was presented with individual servings each on a plate and saran wrapped that were kept in an under counter fridge. MUCH BETTER THIS WAY.

OMO

bosco

That's how it was in the Windjammer on IOS last year. You had to ask for it.

On our recent transatlantic on Brilliance there wasn't any on display in the buffet. Other previous cruise staples like sweet cure herring, eggs benedict & grapefruit were conspicuous by their absence also. This did disappoint us as it was our first cruise on Royal in six years so just assumed it was the new norm, didn't think to ask for any, as others have suggested, but shouldn't have too.

As an aside, shrimp cocktail wasn't on the MDR evening menu but we noticed others being served it. As it's my MIL fav we asked, no problem, she then had one most nights, yet again shouldn't have to ask.

And people think NCL nickel & Dimes!

Regards

Mark & Heather

On our recent transatlantic on Brilliance there wasn't any on display in the buffet. Other previous cruise staples like sweet cure herring, eggs benedict & grapefruit were conspicuous by their absence also. This did disappoint us as it was our first cruise on Royal in six years so just assumed it was the new norm, didn't think to ask for any, as others have suggested, but shouldn't have too.

As an aside, shrimp cocktail wasn't on the MDR evening menu but we noticed others being served it. As it's my MIL fav we asked, no problem, she then had one most nights, yet again shouldn't have to ask.

And people think NCL nickel & Dimes!

Regards

Mark & Heather

For 11 straight nights our waiter brought me the Royal Shrimp Cocktail even though it wasn't on the menu each night.