Travel Insurance advice please

We usually take out annual travel insurance and have not had to make a claim. We have used the same company for the last three years.

Our current policy expires shortly before we head off on Solstice, South Pacific at the end of March but a couple of months ago my DH had a stroke and was hospitalised for three weeks.

He is fine now and we have just returned from a week overseas.

However, I am having difficulty getting medical cover for our next trip.

Anyone have any suggestions? - I don't mind taking out single trip cover for this cruise and then taking out annual cover later for future trips but as we have never travelled without insurance I don't intend to start now!!

Hi

it is a difficult one to give an opinion on as we are all at different age and and varying heath levels.My sister in law has a few medical conditions, which she declares on the application and although premium increases she gets cover.

if you have not already done so try a few on line insurers and if after filling in all relevant info, you are not offered cover maybe a phone call to the insurer would assist. My mother in law is way past mid eighties but very active and healthy, she struggles to get insurance parley because of her age.

Regards

use platinum credit card insurance. Unfortunately nothing will protect you from a non pay due to an existing condition. As we travel a bit, our agent does not charge extra for credit card payment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You might struggle to get Annual travel Insurance ever again. Most insurers prefer to look at each travel & medical condition as a cases by case basis and then determine if they will give cover or not and how much extra they will charge if they do. Be prepared for a lot of pages to fill out and phone calls trying to find what works for you.

I had 2 strokes in 2009. I have had no trouble getting insurance for our last 3 cruises but for some reason the insurer that we have previously had (for ALL of the cruises) decided to decline our latest application. I was furious as I applied not long after we got off from one cruise for the next booking.

Anyway after doing some searching we decided to go with Australia Post's Travel Insurance.

It is a really hard one to answer as most insurances will not cover for a pre-existing condition, especially as a stroke can affect so many aspects through out the body.

True. While I have a walking stick for the stroke, it is because I suffer balance issues not a weakness on one side any more, the most significant thing I was left with was a form of epilepsy that creates mixed speech patterns, muscle tics and memory loss. The insurers hear epilepsy and think absence seizures and so keep asking me how many times do I lose consciousness. Umm never!

We have used Insure & Go. Without doing the research I think Tick maybe a subsidiary of them also. I knowthe underwriters for them both is the same company.

There are a lot of options and companies around that will cover all levels of travel insurance , its just a question on the cost of the premium..

Regards