Could anyone walk me thru making a profile pic?

mommykim

I have a photo on my computer that I am trying to make my CC profile picture. It's under the size limits but when I try uploading it to CC nothing happens. I am not very good with computers so I am sure I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Any helpful hints?

Kim

:o

I have a photo on my computer that I am trying to make my CC profile picture. It's under the size limits but when I try uploading it to CC nothing happens. I am not very good with computers so I am sure I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Any helpful hints?

Kim

Do you have the picture you wish to use in photo hosting site like Photobucket? This is the part I can't remember, whether picture has to be from a hosting site or one from your computer.

To actually add one, you'll need to go to your CC profile. You can do that by clicking on your name, but you have to be signed in to CC.

Once you're in your profile (main page after you click on your CC name), over on the right side of the screen and kind of under "search" in the toolbar above, you should see "Customize Profile". It's easy to miss since it's in very small lettering.

Click on "Customize Profile" and another page will open. There are two sections. The first is "Your Control Panel" and listed under that are several options. On the right will be "Customize Profile". That's where you can edit your font, color, etc. You will want "Your Control Panel". Under "Your Control Panel" are several options, the top being "Your Profile" (you will not need to click on it, options are listed below it). Under "Your Profile" will be the option "Edit Profile Picture". Once you click on that, another option appears in the middle of the screen with options to choose a picture, either from another website (host site, like Photobucket, I'm guessing) or your computer.

OR...when you mentioned "profile picture", do you mean the picture that appears next to your CC screen name? I had trouble with this too. That's the one that's called the "Avatar". Same steps as above, but under "Your Control Panel" go down the third option, "Settings and Options". The first option will be "Edit Avatar". A page will open up, again in the middle. It will describe the Avatar as "small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post".

Here you will have several options, the first being "no avatar". The second are "generic avatars" that you can choose from. The third options is "Custom". If you want to add a picture of your own, then you'll need "Custom". Just like with the profile picture, under custom you'll have two options. From a website (host site) or your computer.

When I was first setting up my profile, I assumed that "profile picture" was the picture that appeared under my username. I tried posting a profile picture that ended up in my signature. The light bulb then went on and I figured it must be the avatar.

Hope this helps. :)

PS I'm not very good with computers either. If you've already tried this, then hopefully someone else will assist.

Edited by pghsteelerfan