Question about using Explore 4...

msmayor

Does anyone know if the beverage package included in Explore 4 can be used for the wine served at Sip and Savor events on board? I believe the cost of the wines are under $8 so price-wise it should work (I think we paid $5 for a glass of wine at Sip and Savor on the Westerdam a couple years ago) but not sure if the beverage package can be used for this.

We tried once on Eurodam and were told that you can't use the SBP for it because it is considered an "event". But YMMV. You just never know from one ship to the next or even one cruise to the next.

Edited by OVgirl

On Maasdam we were allowed to use our Explore4 cards for the Sip and Savour, but the cards were charged with a regular glass of wine (probably $7 - I don't remember exactly), not the reduced price of the S&S (which I think was $4?). Of course, it didn't matter to us what price they charged, as long as it worked with the card!:)

Edited by Vict0riann

Here's a work around from a friend of ours: Just order a covered glass of wine at the event. The staff will be passing the hor d'oeuvres and will likely serve you. Just use common sense when pairing, and you should be able to mimic the experience.

Our friends found that they could do sip & savor more than half of the time. They were on friendly terms with the servers.