Question on charge for not canceling iFly

I've registered my son and I for iFly on Anthem. I understand that if you do not cancel at least 12 hours in advance, you are charged $25, which makes sense to me. I am a little concerned that my son will not actually go through with doing it. Do you think RC will charge me if we arrive at our scheduled time, but my son backs out? Just wondering if anyone had experience with this.

If you and your son show up, they will not charge you. I can't imagine that your son wouldn't want to do it. But I get some kids are afraid. If he shows up and suits up and does the 2 minute video and freaks out, they will not charge you. The problem is people book and then do not show up, and others can't use the limited time on the iFly. On our cruise I did four flights my wife did 5. It is a blast. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. The worst that can happen is you look silly.

JC

I'm hoping he will do it--I'm really looking forward to it, and I think he would love it too. Past experience has taught me, though, to be prepared for the backout. I recently purchased a groupon for both of us for an OGO ball ride in the Smokey Mountains (imagine a giant hamster ball thing that you crawl into and ride down a hill). One of us backed out and one of us rode twice--lol. I"m glad to hear they won't charge us though. I wouldn't try to make him do it....it's his choice, but I"m glad that money won't even figure in to it. I know that I want to do it!

You mentioned that you went multiple times. I have booked it for us on our cruise, but can only book one time slot. Do they have open times when they don't require registrations? I might like to do it more than once.

Sounds like Zorbing. We did that in New Zealand, get in a giant ball and roll down a hill. I know kids are like snowflakes, so I get the he may back out.

so a bit of background I was an accident, my father was in his early fourties when I was born my mother mid 30s. I had a brother 15 years older than me and a sister 11. So, when I was a kid I was pushing my parents and siblings to do things that they no longer wanted to do when I was old enough to do them. so, it is not really something I get not wanting to do things. But he is not in charge you are.

Back to the booking the iFly. Online you can only book one time. Once you are on the ship, you can book as often as you like when there are openings. (Hence the reason for the charge for cancellation).

The instructors, trainers, or whatever you call them do not care if you do the flight. They are going to take their group of 8 or 10 to the tube and those that fly fly. If they take someone and that person doesn't want to fly they will not force them. they will not go back and charge them for not flying. So the only way you will be charged is if you do not show up. Show up and chicken out no problem.

I really do hope you and your son enjoy the iFly, but regardless you are the boss, not him.

JC

Yes, it was called zorbing! It was neat! I remember reading that it is 'big' in New Zealand.

Don't worry, though....he knows who is in charge! :). When I say it is his choice, I guess what I mean is that it is my choice to not argue over what is to me a non-issue. If he doesn't want to do this thing for fun, why make him.

Thanks for the info on booking aboard the ship--if I like it when we do it, I'll try to do that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it was called zorbing! It was neat! I remember reading that it is 'big' in New Zealand.

Don't worry, though....he knows who is in charge! :). When I say it is his choice, I guess what I mean is that it is my choice to not argue over what is to me a non-issue. If he doesn't want to do this thing for fun, why make him.

Thanks for the info on booking aboard the ship--if I like it when we do it, I'll try to do that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise was during the school year, so , it was mostly old people and really small kids.

There were 4 and 5 year olds doing it and loving it. The younger you are the easier it is. Young people don't weigh much and fly easily. To fly you need to be able to make a horse shoe shape out of your body. Easy peasy for a 5 to 10 year old, hard as heck for me, 57 years old. Seriously, it is not dangerous, it is not really scary, and it is exhilarating as can be. Seriously, what kid doesn't want to be a Marvel super hero and can fly? Or in my case and my wife's what 57 year old doesn't want to be a super hero and fly. It is really cool.

Have fun.

JC

I've registered my son and I for iFly on Anthem. I understand that if you do not cancel at least 12 hours in advance, you are charged $25, which makes sense to me. I am a little concerned that my son will not actually go through with doing it. Do you think RC will charge me if we arrive at our scheduled time, but my son backs out? Just wondering if anyone had experience with this.

One lady in my group...all geared up and waiting her turn but decided not to proceed when her turn came to enter the wind tunnel.

No problems there...

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will know the answer. I booked iFly for our family months ago, for our cruise next month. I have since developed a health issue (nothing serious, but nothing I'd want to risk either), so I'm trying to figure out how to remove me from the reservation. I can't modify because it shows no other selections are available. And I can't cancel because that says it will cancel everyone. Is this something I have to wait & do on the ship? Will I be able to do it in the app once we're onboard? Thanks!

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will know the answer. I booked iFly for our family months ago, for our cruise next month. I have since developed a health issue (nothing serious, but nothing I'd want to risk either), so I'm trying to figure out how to remove me from the reservation. I can't modify because it shows no other selections are available. And I can't cancel because that says it will cancel everyone. Is this something I have to wait & do on the ship? Will I be able to do it in the app once we're onboard? Thanks!

Just stroll up to the iFly location on Deck 15 when you board and explain to the lovely people at the desk that you want to cancel just yourself. It will be no problem.