Solo Cabins

PaulaSB12

Every cabin is a solo cabin, as long as you pay 2xs the fare.

I've done mostly solo cruises and have been in everything from ocean view to grand suite but paid a bundle for it. I chose carnival due to the proximity to my home. Some other lines have solo fares about 1.5xs the fare but after I add in travel, carnival is cheaper for me.

Hope you have a great cruise no matter what you choose.

There are 1A's. The beds are usually singles, some can be put together to make a queen. Regular inside is usually only $40 more with a little more space. Still have to pay double occupancy.

Beware of the 1A porthole cabins at the very front of the ship on the lower decks, can be very noisy if the sea is rough.

Beware of the 1A porthole cabins at the very front of the ship on the lower decks, can be very noisy if the sea is rough.

Very true. You will also hear the side thrusters in the morning as the ship docks in port.

On the Conquest class ships, I've found the best 1A's to be cabins # 6393 on Upper, 7345 on Empress and 8357 on Verandah decks.

There are 1A's. The beds are usually singles, some can be put together to make a queen. Regular inside is usually only $40 more with a little more space. Still have to pay double occupancy.

All the 1As that I or my family have been in are the same size, if not larger than the regular insides (on the Conquest Class ships). Only downside is most of them might not be in an ideal location for some folks.

Every cabin is a solo cabin, as long as you pay 2xs the fare.

I've done mostly solo cruises and have been in everything from ocean view to grand suite but paid a bundle for it. I chose carnival due to the proximity to my home. Some other lines have solo fares about 1.5xs the fare but after I add in travel, carnival is cheaper for me.

Hope you have a great cruise no matter what you choose.

Not every cabin is solo cabin. when you do a search for 4 people some will show up that will not show up when you do a search for 1 person.

All the 1As that I or my family have been in are the same size, if not larger than the regular insides (on the Conquest Class ships). Only downside is most of them might not be in an ideal location for some folks.

The 1A's I cited a few posts above by cabin # have twin beds that can be made into a king set up. There are other 1A's way forward that have either a single bed sideways or 2 singles on offset opposite walls as well as single bunk beds.

There was a massive thread here on CC " Everything you wanted to know about 1A cabins" or something like that. It is worth looking up and reading through.

Edited by evandbob

The 1A's I cited a few posts above by cabin # have twin beds that can be made into a king set up. There are other 1A's way forward that have either a single bed sideways or 2 singles on offset opposite walls as well as single bunk beds.

There was a massive thread here on CC " Everything you wanted to know about 1A cabins" or something like that. It is worth looking up and reading through.

Yep. I have stayed in 6393, 1426, and my mom has had 2202 and 2217. They were all bigger than a standard inside which I have had as well.

Just looking for a 7 day cruise next year do Carnival ships have solo cabins on board? I tried looking at their web page and couldn't find anything and googling just comes up with companies selling cruises.

No. Years ago they used to match singles up with other single sailors, but that's long gone. They used to, and occasionally sometimes have a 150% solo rate, but almost all times it's 200%, so look for the cheapest room you can book. Or bring a friend.