Studio Vs Inside

freeon

Is there a big difference between inside rooms vs studio. All my previous cruises I was always in a balcony room. The only time I use the balcony is in the morning to check the weather. For the price difference between a balcony and inside I can't justify it anymore just to use it a few minutes a day so I decided this time I would chose a inside cabin instead. Then I got to thinking since I'm already inside and will be solo in my room I looked at the price difference between inside and studio and I'm thinking of the studio. Since I'm used to balcony rooms I'm afraid I'm going to find the studio room to small. I was reluctant to downgrade to an inside to begin with don't want to regret a studio.

I've stayed in both inside and studio. Of course inside is a bit bigger, more storage space but the studios are perfect for a solo trip. I've never had any issues with the solos and there's the bonus of access to the studio lounge too. Studios are compact but still comfortable and have everything you need!

Edited by smileygirl_68

Is there a big difference between inside rooms vs studio. All my previous cruises I was always in a balcony room. The only time I use the balcony is in the morning to check the weather. For the price difference between a balcony and inside I can't justify it anymore just to use it a few minutes a day so I decided this time I would chose a inside cabin instead. Then I got to thinking since I'm already inside and will be solo in my room I looked at the price difference between inside and studio and I'm thinking of the studio. Since I'm used to balcony rooms I'm afraid I'm going to find the studio room to small. I was reluctant to downgrade to an inside to begin with don't want to regret a studio.

The Studio rooms are great. Perfect size for just one person, especially if you are like so many of us that spend most of our time out and about on the ship. It also gives you a great chance to use the Studio Lounge.

For happy hours you can meet up with all the other solo travelers where they have a crew host who will arrange dinners, activities, etc if you choose to participate.

Even if you are in an inside cabin as a solo traveler you can participate in the happy hour activities.

Studio is pretty much the way to go since getting anything other than Studio will force you to pay double which makes little sense to me as the difference between Studio and Inside doesn't justify the 200% price.

With Studio, you get access to a private area where you there are refreshments and pastries because Studio lacks a fridge, but mainly for other singles to "mingle".

Edited by Kilmar

I think the studio is brighter than the inside. They also have that window to the hall. The room is a little smaller but well organized with a lot of storage and you can always head over to the lounge for cappuccino or espresso or tea or water & think of that as an extension of your cabin.

Check the prices and see which is better. Usually the studios are just a little cheaper than paying double on an inside. Also if you are sailing solo & know what cruise/date, keep an eye on the prices and wait to book. I find closer to sailing they reduce the solo supplement and you can get a good deal. Though on my upcoming Jade I booked mid-November - the price is up $100 and the promo for prepaid grats is gone.

Thank you for all the feedback. As I'm looking now there is an $800.00 difference. I know it probably won't matter any as I don't plan to spend much time in the room any. Also as for access to the solo lounge I'm not seeing that as a bonus because I will be traveling with a large group of friends and family and I will spend most of my time with them.

I would err on the side of cost... If the studio is cheaper then go with that, if the inside is less then go with that. To check weather conditions just turn on the bow station when you get up, can see if it is raining and or overcast for temps. Or call another in your group and have them go on their balcony and tell you if it is warm or cold... No big.

I travel mainly in insides/window rooms because while a balcony is nice, often times it ends up sticky and I have no desire to sit on sticky furniture(assuming salt water?). The only place it is a must is Alaska, maybe Hawaii IMHO

I've stayed in both as a solo traveler and actually prefer the studios over the insides. I believe it's genius the amount of storage the studios have. I'm doing a b2b on the Epic in Jan. and will be in a studio for both weeks. Can't wait.:)

All things being equal I would take the studio. Access to lounge is great. Love the snacks they put out in the morning and at night. I actually ended up with an Upgrade to balcony from my studio on my last cruise(Breakaway) and regretted it. Made me realize I would never pay for a balcony. Don't think I used it 2x the entire week.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Forgot to ask. How big or small are the beds. Don't need that much room just prefer not fall off if I roll over :p

Just visited a studio on Epic last week. We were in a balcony and our new friend had a studio. We all agree that they have two regular beds pushed together, just like our room configuration. Bed size is not an issue.

Studio beds are perfect i know a couple who got 2 Studios, double the space double bathrooms and interconnecting so if one wanted a cool room and the other slightly warmer. The only slept in one room and had ample space and would do studio again, I always sail studio, apart from the Haven once

Thank you for all the feedback. As I'm looking now there is an $800.00 difference. I know it probably won't matter any as I don't plan to spend much time in the room any. Also as for access to the solo lounge I'm not seeing that as a bonus because I will be traveling with a large group of friends and family and I will spend most of my time with them.

I've stayed in a studio, multiple insides, and multiple balconies. To save $800, I would definitely choose a studio. If only saving $100, I'd probably go for an inside cabin. The studios are nice. Small, but well laid out and everything you need. However, I would slightly prefer an inside cabin because even when solo, I would have them split the beds apart. This leaves more space to move around down the middle of the cabin. I also use the second bed as a location to place things -- extra storage space, if you will. If you're curious, I'd go with the studio. Every solo traveler should check it out and see if it works for them.

Edited by MeHeartCruising