Is it OK to take food to-go?

Dianka25

Recently I heard two comments made about ordering sushi "to go" from Izumi and getting Sabor food delivered while sitting in Schooner Bar (guessing it was a ship where the two are near each other)...

so, is it OK to take food to eat in other areas of the ship like bars or pool deck? Maybe this is obvious but I never thought of it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Recently I heard two comments made about ordering sushi "to go" from Izumi and getting Sabor food delivered while sitting in Schooner Bar (guessing it was a ship where the two are near each other)...

so, is it OK to take food to eat in other areas of the ship like bars or pool deck? Maybe this is obvious but I never thought of it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

YOU can carry food from any place on the ship to any other place on the ship.

(I have never heard of delivering to the Schooner Bar! :eek: )

I see this happening all the time on the cruises we've been on especially out of the Windjammer buffet restaurant. In fact on our last cruise the was one lady with two overloaded with food plates that came out of the elevator and went down the corridor to our cabin dripping sauce all the way as she was very unsteady while walking. It was simply unbelievable that someone would do this without a tray or something to contain their food like a larger plate under the small plates she had piled the food on! :eek:

Edited by robtulipe

I have also seen families bringing plates of food to the pool to eat their lunch, but never saw an RCI employee deliver to a venue.

Oh and yes, have witnessed plates left behind, like the drink glasses for others to clean up after them.

HMMMMMMM

Safe travels.

YOU can carry food from any place on the ship to any other place on the ship.

(I have never heard of delivering to the Schooner Bar! :eek: )

Recall reading about this on Freedom. Think it was primarily chips and guacamole.

Recall reading about this on Freedom. Think it was primarily chips and guacamole.

Chandom I think you're right in Freedom. We have been researching FOS for our upcoming TA and several people mentioned Sabor will bring chips and guacamole/salsa to Schooners (it's right across from Sabor on FOS) but that's the only ship I've heard reference to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's a tutti salad? Sounds interesting. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a salad bar option in the MDR during lunch. You walk through and let them know what you would like and then mix it all together for you. [emoji4]

Many people including myself carry plates from the WJ to the pool area to eat.

It is kind of a hassle and messy.

But since RC does not have any sort of food option at the pool area like most other cruise lines.

It is the only way possible to eat out there.

On our last cruise on the night they serve the lamb shank, DD got seasick. She needed to leave the table and wanted to lie down. I took my lamb on the dining room plate with the dining room utensils and my napkin and took DD back to our cabin with my glass of wine. No one had a problem. None of the waiters tried to stop me. No one gave me any funny looks. Well maybe one or two, but no staff or crew. It wasn't a problem.

After getting back to the cabin, DD made a miraculous recovery and wanted to return to the dining room. I took my lamp shank, my wine, my napkin, my utensils, and DD and we returned to the dining room. Again walking through the halls with a plate and a glass of wine and a child caused no strange looks no one to stop me, no one to question me, and nobody minded. One crewmember stopped to ask if I needed help carrying it, and that was all.

It doesn't seem to be a problem to take food from any dining room anywhere else on the ship as long as food is permitted. Food is not allowed in the pool so I expect they would ask you to leave the pool if you were eating in the water. Other than that, you are probably fine.

(Ps, if you were wondering why I took all my food it's because it was lamb. I will never pass on a good piece of lamb.)

Edited by moopetswife

It's a salad bar option in the MDR during lunch. You walk through and let them know what you would like and then mix it all together for you. [emoji4]

Cool. Never heard of it before. I'll have to remember to try it one day. /:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last cruise on the night they serve the lamb shank, DD got seasick. She needed to leave the table and wanted to lie down. I took my lamb on the dining room plate with the dining room utensils and my napkin and took DD back to our cabin with my glass of wine. No one had a problem. None of the waiters tried to stop me. No one gave me any funny looks. Well maybe one or two, but no staff or crew. It wasn't a problem.

After getting back to the cabin, DD made a miraculous recovery and wanted to return to the dining room. I took my lamp shank, my wine, my napkin, my utensils, and DD and we returned to the dining room. Again walking through the halls with a plate and a glass of wine and a child caused no strange looks no one to stop me, no one to question me, and nobody minded. One crewmember stopped to ask if I needed help carrying it, and that was all.

It doesn't seem to be a problem to take food from any dining room anywhere else on the ship as long as food is permitted. Food is not allowed in the pool so I expect they would ask you to leave the pool if you were eating in the water. Other than that, you are probably fine.

(Ps, if you were wondering why I took all my food it's because it was lamb. I will never pass on a good piece of lamb.)

Formal night last Oasis trip our grad waiter brought out a plate with two lobster tails and rolls and everything needed to put together a lobster roll sandwich later that evening lol

Many people including myself carry plates from the WJ to the pool area to eat.

It is kind of a hassle and messy.

But since RC does not have any sort of food option at the pool area like most other cruise lines.

It is the only way possible to eat out there.

There is the Park Café on Radiance class and the Solarium Bistro on Quantum class right in the solarium beside the pools. Also Johnny Rockets and Doghouse on other classes of ships. :confused:

I see this happening all the time on the cruises we've been on especially out of the Windjammer buffet restaurant. In fact on our last cruise the was one lady with two overloaded with food plates that came out of the elevator and went down the corridor to our cabin dripping sauce all the way as she was very unsteady while walking. It was simply unbelievable that someone would do this without a tray or something to contain their food like a larger plate under the small plates she had piled the food on! :eek:

While I do think one should not carry overloaded plates of dripping food around the ship, I will say that we attempted to take some french fries and other munchies from Windjammer back to the room and asked one of the staff for a tray (for some reason there were none available at the time). He told us they were not allowed to hand out trays to guests because they didnt want people loading up trays and walking around the ship with them (safety reasons perhaps?). We ended up finding one laying around and kept it in the room for future use for the rest of the cruise.

When we traveled family style back in time and we always had a grand suite our daughter wanted to stay in bed my wife and I would go to the windjammer and have breakfast and then bring her back a tray of odds and ends for when she woke up and believe it or not the only person who said anything was our stateroom attendant who said to us that was his job to do that service for us and we told him that wouldn't be necessary for we can take care of ourselves.

Every cruise we go on and we are pool people so when the windjammer or other venues open up we go and get what we want and bring the tray of food to where our lounges are and eat there.