POM to FLL for noon international flight possible?

LadyG888

Our cruise ends on a Sunday from POM and we are looking to book a flight in/out of FLL as it's cheaper. We will be flying to Toronto - is noon to early? Can we be off the ship and make it to FLL in time? Not sure if we need 3 hours or not as we will be going through customs in Toronto. Any Canadians reading this do this before? - Thanks for the help

I would think it might be pushing it... depends how long you have to be at the airport for before your flight? I'm from the UK so may have been a little different for me.

If you do self walk off and take your bags you can get off quite early, I think it was about a 1.5 hour drive? (Could be wrong this is from memory) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is only 30 miles from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, so 50km. That said I would not do a FLL flight at noon from Miami, you have to check in by 10:30 and our last flight out of there to Toronto it was lined up outside of the terminal for a good long way when we got there. Heads up there is a transat flight out of FLL to Toronto that we managed to get for a great price, upgraded to club class at the airport for $60 and it was a brand new airplane with the best club class I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it is only 30 miles from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, so 50km. That said I would not do a FLL flight at noon from Miami, you have to check in by 10:30 and our last flight out of there to Toronto it was lined up outside of the terminal for a good long way when we got there. Heads up there is a transat flight out of FLL to Toronto that we managed to get for a great price, upgraded to club class at the airport for $60 and it was a brand new airplane with the best club class I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL, this is the exact flight we were looking at.

Even if we bring our own luggage and be off the ship by 8-8:30 to be at the airport by 9:30 -10 at latest? Think that would work? I know it's a rush.... we like getting home at a decent time and this price is great.

LOL, this is the exact flight we were looking at.

Even if we bring our own luggage and be off the ship by 8-8:30 to be at the airport by 9:30 -10 at latest? Think that would work? I know it's a rush.... we like getting home at a decent time and this price is great.

On a good day the ride from POM to FLL takes 45+ minutes - so to be at FLL by 10:30 you need to be rolling from POM by 9:30 (earlier is better!). If you carry your bags off and have dedicated transport waiting (check with Larry Limos) you should be okay. As mentioned, you have no slack in your schedule - anything that goes wrong = missed flight :eek: