Caribbean Princess cabin L101

matamanoa

Has anyone sailed on the Caribbean Princess in cabin L101 in May on an around the British Isles cruise and if so, did you find that this cabin was noisy due to being under the fitness center? The itinerary is port intensive with only two sea days and being that this cruise is at the end of May and beginning of June, do you think that there would be many people using the fitness facilities? Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone sailed on the Caribbean Princess in cabin L101 in May on an around the British Isles cruise and if so, did you find that this cabin was noisy due to being under the fitness center? The itinerary is port intensive with only two sea days and being that this cruise is at the end of May and beginning of June, do you think that there would be many people using the fitness facilities? Any help would be appreciated.

Will be taking cabin L101 in March (Caribbean cruise) and am wondering about noise level from gym and pool area as well as concerned how bad the sway will be...the Obstructed View is the stairs in the deck in front! Interested in getting responses from experienced cruisers about this... please help!

I believe that cabin also has a solid front on the balcony not the glass that other cabins have. On my last cruise I was on the Caribbean Princess and had this cabin on the port side booked originally. I called Princess when I discovered the fact about the balcony and was very kindly upgraded to a caribe balcony.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaliopeQ

I believe that cabin also has a solid front on the balcony not the glass that other cabins have. On my last cruise I was on the Caribbean Princess and had this cabin on the port side booked originally. I called Princess when I discovered the fact about the balcony and was very kindly upgraded to a caribe balcony.

Thank you for your reply but you might be mistaken about the cabin that I and the post below are inquiring about. It is not a balcony cabin, so if there is anyone else out there who has been in cabin L101, please respond to the question of whether the fitness floor above will cause some noise at night or early morning. Remember, I will be in this cabin in late May/early June and the ship will be going around the British Isles. I'm hoping that with the time of year of the cruise as well as the destination, that not too many will be using the gym on a daily basis. We are in a port 10 out of the twelve days and hopefully most folks will be out seeing the sights and too tired to work out in the late evening or wee hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Been in L102, noise level was fine for us. If you really want a perfectly quite cabin find another location. You can also get a lot of vertical movement being that far forward. Having a front window is nice. When weather is calm they unlock the doors and you can go out over the bridge quickly. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

framer

We have been in L102 (can't remember if it was on the Caribbean or Emerald) and while the front window was nice..... I would never take one of those front cabins again (I don't care how much of an "upgrade" it is).

Now, true, I am sensitive to noise - but the thud, thud, thud of those running on the overhead treadmills started very early and went all day. Yes, there are a lot of people using the fitness center!

Sorry, but never again for me - just my opinion/experience.

I believe that cabin also has a solid front on the balcony not the glass that other cabins have. On my last cruise I was on the Caribbean Princess and had this cabin on the port side booked originally. I called Princess when I discovered the fact about the balcony and was very kindly upgraded to a caribe balcony. <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Thank you for your reply but you might be mistaken about the cabin that I and the post below are inquiring about. It is not a balcony cabin, so if there is anyone else out there who has been in cabin

My mistake sorry about that :)

Edited by CaliopeQ

DW and I have sailed in L107 on the Caribbean Princess and have found the noise from the slamming of the door to the deck forward to be MOST invasive; this is the door at the end of the hallway between L107 and L103.

I would expect the situation to be similar on the port side.

Be forewarned.

BTW L107 and L106 are unique suites: the bathroom is exactly like the bathroom in a mini-suite. There is no separate shower, for example.

• 6 years later...