1st time in Aruba-What to do-beach people

mitsugirly

I was given this recommendation on my last cruises roll call and thought it might be of interest as there's an option of tours starting at 2:00 p.m. Take a look (I can give you specifics on who it was who suggested it if you'd like)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431171

Although I'm not personally interested in doing any tours (we are beach/snorkel people), others on here might be and I just wanted to say that your provided link links you right back to the beginning of this thread. :confused:

Woo hoo! Glad to hear this. I'm excited. (Such little things excite me these days)

We will definitely take good care of her.

:D

Oh my! She's gonna love it! Did you get tickets with SW? I really wish they had other options for Disney and places too. I'll have to keep searching for deals. :p So you are going to cruise the Pride to Florida and go to Universal for the day (while cruising)? Or is this a repo cruise and it ends in Florida? (HP is a mad house by the way...just a mad house...like can't walk down the streets type of mad house). :p

I am totally expecting a mad house! lol. But this is the one thing that she's been begging to do for years. And I never wanted to spend the money to fly down there, pay for hotel, meals, etc...just to go to Harry Potter World. So I found this cruise that has an 11 hour port day in Port Canaveral (so, yes, we will go while cruising). With port taxes and fees it was still under $650pp for the 7 night cruise. So that is what we would have paid in hotel, flight, meals for a short weekend trip (so that's why I say its like getting a cruise for free). The Pride will leave out of Baltimore which is a couple hours drive from us, so no airfare needed. I haven't bought the actual Universal tickets yet as I will spend time looking for deals to get us into both Universal parks (we don't use SW b/c there aren't many SW flights out of my local airports but the new TA is in the process of convincing me to travel to a further airport to take advantage of the perks of flying SW)

We have always gone to Aruba in the winter, also, but this year we added a second trip to Aruba in Nov. right before the time change. It was the first time that we had ever been there when we were on the same time.

If you read the thread called "What to do at night" you'll find some good ideas of things to do with kids after dark.

Oh good gracious! Here, I thought I was asking a new question and helping mitsugirly out in the process. Who was I kidding?!!! I should have known she would have beat me to the punch...lol. Thanks so much :D

This will be our very first time in Aruba and can't wait to experience it, but have no idea what we should do or where to look.

**We are in port from 2-11:30pm**

We are "beach" loving people and also love to snorkel (and recently did a Discover Scuba dive a few months ago and absolutely would do it again).

We are not touristy people, so no suggestions on "tours", site-seeing, history, shopping or places to eat. It's just not our thing.

Looking for.... the most beautiful beach ever.

If that can be combined with snorkeling, from the beach, that would be an added plus.

If there's a great place that does Discover Scuba from the beach even better.

We have an 8 year old that is a PADI Seal team member and has completed a few "Aqua Mission" dives, with one also being a Bubble Maker class/dive just done in St Thomas. So, if there's a great scuba place to book with, they must have something that she can do as well (like another Bubble Maker class).

Open to suggestions and thanks in advance. :)

Arashi beach was great!!

D.W.and I hopped on the #10 bus across from the cruise terminal to the end of the line.

We found snorkling close on the level of Sapphire beach in St. Thomas. Only with ton's of dive bombing bird's feeding on fish.

The vegetation & lizard's impressed us too.:)

Also It's close to the California light house.;)

Do your guy's Dune Surf ??

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/discover/attractions-and-sights/California-Lighthouse.html

Edited by biker@sea

Oh good gracious! Here, I thought I was asking a new question and helping mitsugirly out in the process. Who was I kidding?!!! I should have known she would have beat me to the punch...lol. Thanks so much

:D I do my homework...you know this. :p I've been known to research my research. :o

Arashi beach was great!!

D.W.and I hopped on the #10 bus across from the cruise terminal to the end of the line.

We found snorkling close on the level of Sapphire beach in St. Thomas. Only with ton's of dive bombing bird's feeding on fish.

The vegetation & lizard's impressed us too.:)

Also It's close to the California light house.;)

Do your guy's Dune Surf ??

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/discover/attractions-and-sights/California-Lighthouse.html

Oh great. I'll take snorkeling comparable to Sapphire Beach! Dive bombing birds feeding on fish could possibly be the highlight of my daughters day. LOL

Oh yea, I forgot about the blue lizards. Is that what you found there at the beach? Are they easy to spot?

My husband is a skater...but said dune surfing sounds fun. :D

• 4 months later...

So mitsugirly, what beach did you visit in Aruba, how was the snorkeling and how did you get there? We will be on this exact schedule next week. Thanks for all the info I found in this thread!

So mitsugirly, what beach did you visit in Aruba, how was the snorkeling and how did you get there? We will be on this exact schedule next week. Thanks for all the info I found in this thread!

She posted a full review on the Carnival boards. I have no idea how to post a link. It was a great review, as always. The title was something like Mitsugirly decides to CONQUEST new ports....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We ended up going to Arashi and...pretty much not moving because we were loving this beautiful place (and the great company we were with).

HERE is my link to my Conquest review.

If you want to skip to just the Arashi part, you can find it HERE. I believe the beach itself starts around post 426