Explorer of the Seas elevator/cabin question

We're in the process of booking E-2 cabins and just got assigned #7616, 18 & 20 - which are directly opposite the elevator according to deck plans. Do the elevators open toward the cabins or will the back of the elevator be opposite the rooms? I'm concerned that this may be a noisey location? The trip is not until November 2006, so I don't think we have to accept these at this time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We're in the process of booking E-2 cabins and just got assigned #7616, 18 & 20 - which are directly opposite the elevator according to deck plans. Do the elevators open toward the cabins or will the back of the elevator be opposite the rooms? I'm concerned that this may be a noisey location? The trip is not until November 2006, so I don't think we have to accept these at this time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
you have the best cabins on the ship. The elevator isn't as close as the plans make it look. There is no noise.

Take those cabins!! Those are highly coveted center hump cabins that have some of the best views on the entire ship. The elevators will open away from you. You will actually have a short private hallway.

We have been on the "hump" on the Explorer and LOVED it!!! The elevators open the other direction. You will not hear any noise from them. Great location to everything including the elevators.

As a previous poster stated, TAKE THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! You will not be sorry.

Tim & Crystal

Hi,

Does anyone know any information about #1312 on Explorer. It is a JS and it appears to be on the beginning of the "hump". Is this a good room? We have it booked for next October and would love any info or pictures of that room/balcony.

Thanks!

~Intrepid

Hi,

Does anyone know any information about #1312 on Explorer. It is a JS and it appears to be on the beginning of the "hump". Is this a good room? We have it booked for next October and would love any info or pictures of that room/balcony.

Thanks!

~Intrepid

I have not been on the "hump" yet (but will be next April!). Based on posts I've previously read on CC, if you are at the immediate beginning or end of the hump, your view will be restricted to a strictly forward or aft view. I've heard that you have more privacy on your balcony with those rooms though...

We just returned from the Voyager to Bermuda...cabin number 6318 (on the center of the hump). We could not hear the elevators at all.

While not on the deck plans, there are walls separating the elevator centrums from the hallways where the cabins are. It was very convenient to be near the elevators and stairs, by the way.

Archived