loughlin61

loughlin61

going on oceania feb 17 was asking previous cruisers about premium beverage package.they quote $60.00 per day per person.ii enjoy red my wife prefers white wine,at $50.00 per bottle the package seem reasonable anyone sugestions thanks loughlin

going on oceania feb 17 was asking previous cruisers about premium beverage package.they quote $60.00 per day per person.ii enjoy red my wife prefers white wine,at $50.00 per bottle the package seem reasonable anyone sugestions thanks loughlin

Hi loughlin61, welcome to Cruise Critic. I'm not exactly sure what your question is. If you could be more specific we could maybe help.

I'm surprised the beverage package is not an item under FAQs on O's but you can find it here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

There are two beverage packages, the one I think you're fellow cruisers are referring to is the $40 House Select which is wine and beer with meals only. It is any wine they offer on the menu by the glass. The other package, Prestige Select at $60 pp/pd, is much more encompassing .

Prestige Select

Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish

from $59.95 per guest, per day

House Select

Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner

from $39.95 per guest, per day

Wine by the Bottle+

All bottles are priced at $47.50 (Gratuity Included)

7 bottles of wine are required for each package

As already stated there are many threads on this subject, mostly trying to work out "which is best for me".

i'm surprised the beverage package is not an item under faqs on o's but you can find it here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

there are two beverage packages, the one i think you're fellow cruisers are referring to is the $40 house select which is wine and beer with meals only. It is any wine they offer on the menu by the glass. The other package, prestige select at $60 pp/pd, is much more encompassing .

Prestige select

unlimited premium spirits, champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish

from $59.95 per guest, per day

house select

unlimited champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner

from $39.95 per guest, per day

wine by the bottle+

all bottles are priced at $47.50 (gratuity included)

7 bottles of wine are required for each package

as already stated there are many threads on this subject, mostly trying to work out "which is best for me".

thanks i think the $60.package is the best

It depends on how much you expect you'll drink. We didn't take either of the beverage packages. The prestige package (Which is the one we were looking at) would have worked out to $1200 on a 10 day cruise. During lunch I had a cocktail (usually whatever was the specialty for that day) and my husband had a beer. Some days we'd have more, some days less. At dinner we would have Wine - I like white, my husband likes red so we'd order a bottle of each. Whatever we didn't finish was corked and stored for us until the next dinner (usually a bottle would do two dinners for us). In the end, we spent far less than we would have with the Prestige package ( I think it was around $800)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by m1k2s3

It depends on how much you expect you'll drink. We didn't take either of the beverage packages. The prestige package (Which is the one we were looking at) would have worked out to $1200 on a 10 day cruise. During lunch I had a cocktail (usually whatever was the specialty for that day) and my husband had a beer. Some days we'd have more, some days less. At dinner we would have Wine - I like white, my husband likes red so we'd order a bottle of each. Whatever we didn't finish was corked and stored for us until the next dinner (usually a bottle would do two dinners for us). In the end, we spent far less than we would have with the Prestige package ( I think it was around $800)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Works well for us too. Do not need to drink that much more.