Why Carnival charges so much for a name change?

NavyCruiser

I laughed at this one....

I am sure you would, being from the Peoples Republic, The Military Guy was just trying to explain that he has been checked out by the Government.

Do us all a favor and go and succeed!!!! I know I personaly would appreciate this kind gesture to us Deployable MidWesteners.

Michael

Update:

Had TA called back to & talked to another Carnival rep.

Confirmed that it's military & not an ES booking, so the fee is $50.

Don't know why the $173 quoted earlier came from.

Both TA & Carnival rep said that the $50 fee is not for the change, since it only takes a minute, but as a deterrence to keep people from making too many changes, taking up their time. They don't know why they won't allow us to make the changes online ourselves...

Thanks For Your Service!!!!

Michael

After 25+ cruises (13 with Carnival), This will be our very first time to inquire about a name/person change to our booking.

We're family of 4, currently booked & final payment already paid in a balcony cabin. Cruising in 4 weeks. Need to make a change for daughter, let's say passenger #4 in cabin, to son. Other 3 are fine.

Carnival says it'll cost $173 to make change.

Does Carnival really care if John Doe is passenger #4 in cabin instead of Jane Doe?

Wonder why in today's high tech market does it cost that much to make a name/person change? Besides that they can...

Do you use a PVP? We needed to make a change last cruise and called the 800 # to find out how much? We were told $150. I remembered $50 from years ago. I called our PVP and asked why the increase? She told me the 800# reps have to say the higher price. She told me it's still $50 especially with your past cruise history. Good Luck.

Do you use a PVP? We needed to make a change last cruise and called the 800 # to find out how much? We were told $150. I remembered $50 from years ago. I called our PVP and asked why the increase? She told me the 800# reps have to say the higher price. She told me it's still $50 especially with your past cruise history. Good Luck.

We've always used **** cruise travel dept for all these years, booked about 20 cruises under military rates & the rest under Past Guests. They use some kind of discount point system where we've saved $100 - $600 per cabin for 4 - 7 nights. Thus haven't ever used the cruise lines' nor PVP.

Technology has advance so much lately that we've search & research online, then book with our TA with no glitches most of the time. Think they pass on those savings back to us with lower upfront rates.

PS: Never, ever use the US Navy as your cruise travel agent! Made that mistake before, & they only book me on their battle grey cruise ships with horrible service that only cruise to the Persian gulf, & the shore excursions there were horrible!!! :)