Flight out of FLL

hhintz

I've been in a similar situation. We had a 930am flight booked last April off the Indy, were first off the boat, and still had to cut in front Of airport security lines and run to the terminal. Never again I wouldn't do 1030 out of FLL. Too many things have to go right. We have a 730pm flight booked in April--we're going to rent a car from the port (free shuttle to pick up) for approx 30 dollars and return it to the airport later--maybe something you could do to drive somewhere local and pass the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been in a similar situation. We had a 930am flight booked last April off the Indy, were first off the boat, and still had to cut in front Of airport security lines and run to the terminal. Never again I wouldn't do 1030 out of FLL. Too many things have to go right. We have a 730pm flight booked in April--we're going to rent a car from the port (free shuttle to pick up) for approx 30 dollars and return it to the airport later--maybe something you could do to drive somewhere local and pass the time?

To the OP: there is a significant difference in arrival time and terminal efficiency between Indy and Harmony. Apples and Oranges.

To the OP: there is a significant difference in arrival time and terminal efficiency between Indy and Harmony. Apples and Oranges.

Very true. Quite a few more people to disembark to the least. Also depending on what other ships are also disembarking at the same time that day can slow things down considerably too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This past Saturday, we got of the Harmony in FLL

Had breakfast (Look, you can see the airport from the ship) and was walking down the gangplank at 830.

Found luggage and went to Customs. The line for Mobile Passport was...no line! Just walked up and less than 30 seconds was thru. The wife had the app open, I had the Passports in one hand, my hat off in the other, and 1,2,3 we were waved thru.

Walked over to the taxi stand, past the guys trying fill the taxi vans, and grabbed our own cab for the two of us. In the cab by 840 AM.

$14.80 cab fare, checking in around 855 AM at the JetBlue curbside check in.

Airport security took about 15 minutes.

Plopped down at the gate less than 1 hour from when we stepped off the ship and then waited, waited, waited, waited, waited for the 10:40 AM flight. Incoming flight delayed - agh! Departure delayed to 11:15. Waited some more, wheels up at 11:15 AM.

We're in a grand suite on Serenade in March and after an 11 day cruise, don't want to take off our own luggage. However, since we'll be the first group off after self disembarkation, I feel comfortable we'll have no problems comfortably making our 10:30am flight. Too late to change it now anyway!

I agree that coming off an Oasis class ship this is possible. We have done a 10:20 flight. We did self disembark at 6:30. Customs lines are short then and we breezed to the airport.

Mobile Passport is great for a speedy check through, also if you have Global Entry (bring the small card used for border passing with you) you can breeze through there as well.

I've heard you breeze through because there is a separate line for the Mobile Passport and few people know about it. As it becomes more popular the disparity in wait times may recede.

Mobile Passport is great for a speedy check through, also if you have Global Entry (bring the small card used for border passing with you) you can breeze through there as well.

Look, we were all hip to Mobile Passport and had high expectations, however, there are limitations...

We are lucky in a way, SO and I do not share same last names. SO can't change her due to licensing (Rocket repair). It gives us a little advantage as we can each fill out the Customs form for declaration.

However, Mobile Passport doesn't work if you buy and claim more than $800. You must still go through the normal Customs.

Mine would work as I had $790 and SO had more than $800, so it didn't work.

Edited by troykahack

We're in a grand suite on Serenade in March and after an 11 day cruise, don't want to take off our own luggage. However, since we'll be the first group off after self disembarkation, I feel comfortable we'll have no problems comfortably making our 10:30am flight. Too late to change it now anyway!

Mario will be back by March (Feb 13). He will take GREAT care of you and and nice early walk off.