Just booked!!!

cabinluvn

Just booked a bucket list cruise to Antarctica for 2018. I know it is a long way away, but I have looked at the cruise for a few years and it sells out pretty fast. If anyone has taken this cruise and has some tips for us, I would love to hear them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Bring hats, gloves, scarves. Depending on your room type be prepared for long hours of daylight - have clips to keep the curtains together, plus I use an eye shade. Also possible rough seas so pack your preferred sea-sickness remedies just in case. A star chart for the southern hemisphere if this would interest you. Happy planning! m--

Ear muffs, felt shoe liners and long underwear too.

On our bucket list too - you picked a good one and these special cruises do require getting in early. We booked our Voyage of the Vikings way last year for next year. Never had such a long count-down clock. :p

Edited by OlsSalt

Lucky you! That was my favorite cruise. Join or start a roll call. On ours, many participants planned private tours that were open to the members of the roll call. We also planned a night at the Tango in Buenos Aires before we boarded.

Layered clothing works best. I didn't really need the long underwear, although I had it. The one thing I wished I had was a camera with a better zoom. I have it now, so I have to go back!

Debbie

Congratulations! Bring hats, gloves, scarves. Depending on your room type be prepared for long hours of daylight - have clips to keep the curtains together, plus I use an eye shade. Also possible rough seas so pack your preferred sea-sickness remedies just in case. A star chart for the southern hemisphere if this would interest you. Happy planning! m--

Now, the star chart was something I would not have thought about! I took Astronomy in college and love to look at the constellations. I will have to find a chart!

We booked a full ocean view, midship. My husband does suffer from seasickness, so we always take medicine. Seems the majority of cruises we have been on have had rough seas. He does OK with the patch

I got a flat fold one, inexpensive, from Amazon. Saw the Southern Cross high in the sky from Ushuaia.

I use very thin layers, easier to pack. Silk leggins (Winter Silks) or Costco Merino leggins ($15); thin silk funnel neck pullover; lightweight crew neck knit top over it; fleece vest w/ zippered pockets; wind/rain jacket a must, with a hood.

I use a thin balaclava hood and knit ear/headbands, can put the hood over these easily. Can put a visor or bucket hat over these if raining to keep the dripping off your face. Waterproof thinsulate lined shoes - got mine form LL Bean on clearance but many sports outlet stores will have them. Now is a good time for sales and spring there will be clearance sales. Happy planning! m--

Yes, thanks for the reminder about the wool neck gaiter.

Another easy to pack extra that can make all the difference since can be pulled up over the ears and head, or remain resting comfortably around the neck for that extra measure of warmth with no bulk.

Edited by OlsSalt