Viking gift cards/certificates

eaglewatchers

With the holidays rapidly approaching, this question is for anyone with info AND for Viking people. Our T/A checked for us and said she could not find any way for us to give gift cards/certificates to people planning Viking cruises. This would be a fabulous option for us to give friends/relatives to purchase special excursions, etc. on their upcoming or future trips. They might even be used toward a new cruise. Why does Viking not offer such a gift card? We have many friends retiring, and collecting money from the office to give such a card would be much nicer than simply presenting a check or cash, especially if we KNOW they have a Viking cruise scheduled. (Even our own kids could give us one since they know we like Viking.)

It would be nice to have this option for both Viking Oceans and River Cruises.. a single card that could work for either?

I look forward to hearing that I am wrong and that they ARE available... or that Viking is planning to offer these... please?

Happy Holidays!!

Edited by eaglewatchers

If they are available they are well hidden. I wanted to give one to a coworker that has a Viking cruise booked for spring. The closest I could come was to order an onboard gift but I had to have their booking number which would kill the surprise.

If they are available they are well hidden. I wanted to give one to a coworker that has a Viking cruise booked for spring. The closest I could come was to order an onboard gift but I had to have their booking number which would kill the surprise.

Thanks for the reply. We looked online all over the place then finally asked out T/A to talk to Viking. Hope they are listening!

Dear eaglewatchers,

We are listening and sincerely appreciate your suggestion. It’s a great idea!

Although, at this time, we do not sell Viking Cruises gift cards, keep in mind that the Onboard Vouchers available for purchase on our vessels are transferrable and can be gifted to friends and family for them to apply towards a future cruise.

We understand it might be too late to obtain these vouchers in time for the upcoming holidays (unless your cruising in the next few weeks!) but we hope you’ll keep this in mind for the future.

Thank you again for the suggestion. From all of us here at Viking Cruises, we wish you a lovely holiday season.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

With the holidays rapidly approaching, this question is for anyone with info AND for Viking people. Our T/A checked for us and said she could not find any way for us to give gift cards/certificates to people planning Viking cruises. This would be a fabulous option for us to give friends/relatives to purchase special excursions, etc. on their upcoming or future trips. They might even be used toward a new cruise. Why does Viking not offer such a gift card? We have many friends retiring, and collecting money from the office to give such a card would be much nicer than simply presenting a check or cash, especially if we KNOW they have a Viking cruise scheduled. (Even our own kids could give us one since they know we like Viking.)

It would be nice to have this option for both Viking Oceans and River Cruises.. a single card that could work for either?

I look forward to hearing that I am wrong and that they ARE available... or that Viking is planning to offer these... please?

Happy Holidays!!

Thanks for the reply. We looked online all over the place then finally asked out T/A to talk to Viking. Hope they are listening!

• 1 year later...
Can the Onboard Gift Certificaes be purchased at the service desk during a cruise or does one need to attend the “talk” to purchase these certificates?

On our river cruise last year we got them from our concierge. The CD mentioned them on the next to the last port talk. There was no separate talk and no high pressure. Just a casual mention and I think a paper with info in the room.

We bought 2 and used them for our ocean cruise. We got $200 each off for the certificates, plus $200 each Explorer Society credit and an early booking discount. It was very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on the Viking Star earlier this year, the certificates were not available. The only option given to us was to purchase a future cruise and obtain a larger discount.

I had heard that they don’t sell them on the ocean cruises. I wonder why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums