Canadians on the Divina

CruisingMom77

I was wondering about fellow Canadians on recent MSC Divina cruises out of Miami. The last time we were on a cruise was in April 2014 and we are booked for next April. What are the experiences with embarkation/disembarkation? I do not recall any big hassles only a relatively long wait for customs at disembarkation in Miami at the end of the cruise, but other than that, nothing really. The custom agent took a quick look at our Canadian passports and let us go through. We did not have anything to declare either.

I was wondering if anything has changed recently?

I was wondering about fellow Canadians on recent MSC Divina cruises out of Miami. The last time we were on a cruise was in April 2014 and we are booked for next April. What are the experiences with embarkation/disembarkation? I do not recall any big hassles only a relatively long wait for customs at disembarkation in Miami at the end of the cruise, but other than that, nothing really. The custom agent took a quick look at our Canadian passports and let us go through. We did not have anything to declare either.

good day; - just off Divina a few weeks back and 100% no issue - nothing i noticed has changed - i know that in Miami Customs does not have a Nexus lane, but in Lauderdale apparently they do.... but again - no issue - went thru pretty quickly

Are you asking with regards to Post #7 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431500

It seems strange but perhaps security is being increased for some reason...

Well, if it pertains to Canadians, I can't find any reference to it so, it'll be a challenge on our next cruise. If they are doing this for MSC, wouldn't they be doing it to all cruise lines?

Why would they single out one cruise line on which to implement these strict security threat assessments with mandatory finger printing?

Still seems strange..