Owners' Suites -Norwegian Jade

Teletubbies

The Norwegian Jade is sailing from Southampton this year - a ship we have previously sailed on and very much enjoyed.

For a special anniversary my wife and I wanted to take any cruise on this ship this summer in the owners' suites stateroom.

However I appears on that all such suites on all cruises are booked even though here are a number of other cabins available.

I wonder if this is truly the case or could the cabins be blocked for any reason.

As anyone had any experience of this.

Many thanks

The Norwegian Jade is sailing from Southampton this year - a ship we have previously sailed on and very much enjoyed.

For a special anniversary my wife and I wanted to take any cruise on this ship this summer in the owners' suites stateroom.

However I appears on that all such suites on all cruises are booked even though here are a number of other cabins available.

I wonder if this is truly the case or could the cabins be blocked for any reason.

Many thanks

Call NCL and they will let you know (I sometimes get a different answer from the phone people than I see on the website). If its close to the sail date (less than 30 days out) you can call the upsell dept and they will tell you what haven deals they have.

I know that on my sailing all but one GV sold. I also thought it quite odd and had my pcc check the inventory. It really is all gone for Haven. I'm sure some will cancel here and there and a few will pop up. I saw an owners suite pop up for about 3 days a few weeks ago on the 9/11/17 sailing. Then a 2 bedroom Haven came up and I grabbed it. I think a big incentive is the ncl Asia site selling Europe staterooms at 50% off second passenger. That sale started in September and ends December 17. If you search recent posts for 50% off Europe 2017 you'll find the thread with link to book

Many thanks

I just tried to make some "mock" bookings and found Owner Suite on the Jade available only for the cruises leaving Southampton on June 2 and June 11. I believe that the reason for the owners suites being sold out on the rest of the cruises from Southampton on the Jade is that there are only 3 more in addition to the two in June, and all itineraries are kind of "special" and attractive....

Most times cabins are held by large travel agency's. So they are being "Held" just in case.

They have to return them to the line at a certain time such as 90 days before sailing, some larger companies can hold for less such as at the 60 day mark and for sure at the 30 day mark.

From 90 days forward, whoever you're working with or the line itself, keep checking every day or be put on a list for first call.

We once had a great cabin and 2 days before sailing had a death in the family. Someone got that terrific cabin at the port the day of sailing because they ASKED.

We did have insurance.

The Norwegian Jade is sailing from Southampton this year - a ship we have previously sailed on and very much enjoyed. For a special anniversary my wife and I wanted to take any cruise on this ship this summer in the owners' suites stateroom. However I appears on that all such suites on all cruises are booked even though here are a number of other cabins available. I wonder if this is truly the case or could the cabins be blocked for any reason. As anyone had any experience of this. Many thanks

I will admit that I have not researched your cruise, so I am only talk in generalities.

If the cruise is sold in combinations with other cruises (i.e. B2B) where they sell both 7 day and 14 day cruises. Each itinerary holds it's own inventory of rooms. and NCL would hold the more expensive rooms for the longer cruise. They'll do that until it is relatively close to the embarkation date before releasing the rooms.

OR

If the cruise has multiple embarkation ports. Each different variation of the cruise itinerary holds its own inventory of rooms. E.g., the cruise starting in England would hold a set of rooms, while the cruise that embarks in Germany would hold a different set of rooms.

Most times cabins are held by large travel agency's. So they are being "Held" just in case.

They have to return them to the line at a certain time such as 90 days before sailing, some larger companies can hold for less such as at the 60 day mark and for sure at the 30 day mark.

From 90 days forward, whoever you're working with or the line itself, keep checking every day or be put on a list for first call.

We once had a great cabin and 2 days before sailing had a death in the family. Someone got that terrific cabin at the port the day of sailing because they ASKED.

We did have insurance.

How does one go about finding these large blocks of suites held out of inventory? I've looked previously at the big online cruise agencies and they don't show as available. You would think if they are holding them they would want to sell them- advertise them. Just wondering if there's some secret to finding them?

How does one go about finding these large blocks of suites held out of inventory? I've looked previously at the big online cruise agencies and they don't show as available. You would think if they are holding them they would want to sell them- advertise them. Just wondering if there's some secret to finding them?

They are large companies.....It can go from Costco to Last Minute Travels to Vacations to Go to Cruise direct and more. There are some that are really large for just cruising and people have delt with certain owners or agents all their lives of cruising.

They may not even tell you the truth.

Some have steady customers that tell their regular agent they are looking at that time and hold a cabin for them but the agency MUST return the cabin back to the line at a certain date.

That's why these last minute bids are starting....returned cabins.

I am sailing on the Gem 12/29 :D Six weeks before the cruise I saw all the Haven rooms booked. 29 weeks before the cruise they had Haven rooms available in every category showing on their website. I did an upsell from an aft PH to a Haven OS (not in the Haven but with access to the Haven).

I think people book to get the room and then change their minds. Although if all those rooms cancelled NCL made a pretty penny on their forfeited cruises right? I guess that's how they can afford to upsell:D

Many thanks

The Owner's suites are nice, but honestly, I prefer The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with balcony like 14514 or 14014 over the Owner's suites. The bedroom is more private from the living room. They are located in a private little nook down the hall in The Haven - like they are a secret! Very special and to be in The Haven on this ship is really great! It's kind of fun to get on the elevator and put your cruise card in the slot so you can go to the locked floor. It's silly I know, but it does make this feel much more special than in the other suites located on regular floors of the ship. These The Haven Courtyard Penthouse cabins are identical to The Haven 2 bedroom Villas except they don't have the extra bedroom. The other advantage is that the Haven is right outside your door. The Owner's Suite, except for the Deluxe Owner's Suite on 15 (1500) are all located on various floors of the ship, so you go past regular cabin doors to your wooden door near the front of the ship which doesn't feel all that special compared to being in The Haven. To me, I like going into The Haven Elevator Lobby and then walking down the uncrowded Haven corridor to one of these The Haven Courtyard Penthouses is much better and I found that when we were in the Owner's suite on 9, we didn't really use The Haven - too inconvenient. I also think the butler service was better within The Haven because the butlers that work in that area are only in that area, whereas the poor butler working the Owner's Suites also has Penthouses at the back of the ship, so it's a lot of walking and inconvenience for him compared to those working within The Haven. Still our Owner's Suite butler was very hard working and did all he could whenever we asked for his assistance, but I felt kind of bad for him because I knew how much he was having to walk back and forth.

The cabins may be blocked due to a large family group sailing together. The first time I was on Jade in The Haven, there was a world famous person in one of the Garden Villas and his family and entourage taking up most of The Haven 2 bedroom Villas. You never know who will be up there.

I also meant to mention that the bathrooms in The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (and in the 2 bedroom villas in the Haven) are larger and much better arranged than those in the Owner suites on 9 and 10 which have the makeup vanity in the dark closet and much smaller showers than the suites in The Haven. In fact The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (and the 2 bedroom villas in the Haven) have a shower that is almost 3 times larger than the one in the Owner's suites on 9 and 10. About the only advantage of the Owner's suites is the 2 balconies and the large dining room table and larger living room, but for just the 2 of you, even if you were to throw a party in your suite, I think The Haven Courtyard Penthouse is superior in every way and also The Haven Sundeck is just one quick flight upstairs near these Haven Suites. The Sundeck was blissfully uncrowded both times I was on the ship. Most of the time we had it to ourselves.

For us, the suite choice depends on the itinerary. For our Alaska cruises we have stayed in the owner's suite on deck 10 and a forward penthouse on the Sun. We love that "in your face" full on view. We recently sailed on the Gem in a Haven 2 br. We loved the convenience of being near the Haven.

We are booked in an owner's suite for the June 2nd sailing to Norway. We want that view sailing into and out of port!

Forgot to add that the Haven open sun deck is mid ship and is port side. The starboard side is closed to guests and is used for emergencies. Unfortunately, it had to be used on December 5 as two guests had to be airlifted to Martinique. One had a heart attack,the other pneumonia.

Teletubbies - Make a phone call to NCL's toll free reservation number. Ask about the owner's suite, if that is what you are interested in.

We booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Jade for June 22, 2017 in an OS. The only ones that appeared to be available, per the website, were on the 9th floor. We prefer 10. When I spoke with their reservations personnel she was able to get me into the cabin we wanted on dec 10, even though it didn't appear to be available on their website. Strange, huh.

We always cruise OS or GV. We never have to hurry to shows because there is reserved seating for OS and Garden Villa.

You have all the water, soda, ice you want--even when you don't have a beverage package - plus 3 larger sized bottles of liquor or wine if you prefer.

We like having 1-1/2 bathrooms and a marvelous balcony on front when you're in port, PLUS a private enclosed balcony to the side when the weather isn't so great, or the ship is underway.

We always have availability to go to the "Haven" area, but it really means nothing to us, compared to the caveats and privacy on the front of the ship in those OS suites.

Teletubbies - Make a phone call to NCL's toll free reservation number. Ask about the owner's suite, if that is what you are interested in.

We booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Jade for June 22, 2017 in an OS. The only ones that appeared to be available, per the website, were on the 9th floor. We prefer 10. When I spoke with their reservations personnel she was able to get me into the cabin we wanted on dec 10, even though it didn't appear to be available on their website. Strange, huh.

We always cruise OS or GV. We never have to hurry to shows because there is reserved seating for OS and Garden Villa.

You have all the water, soda, ice you want--even when you don't have a beverage package - plus 3 larger sized bottles of liquor or wine if you prefer.

We like having 1-1/2 bathrooms and a marvelous balcony on front when you're in port, PLUS a private enclosed balcony to the side when the weather isn't so great, or the ship is underway.

We always have availability to go to the "Haven" area, but it really means nothing to us, compared to the caveats and privacy on the front of the ship in those OS suites.

We just upsold to the OS on the Gem. I was worried about not being "in" the Haven but reading this makes me excited again! Did you use the courtyard at all?

Boopsahoy - We rarely go to the Haven, though it is available 24/7 for us. We prefer our privacy.

If you like to lounge around a private dip pool, or hot tubs, it will be available to you in the OS. They have snacks--but our Butler always brings WAY more than we can eat, and asks us what we would like for treats, as well as bringing the daily suite afternoon appetizers.

We are more interested in the space (really large living area) , amenities, regardless of weather there is always a nice outdoor area to sit and view the sea, and--let's face it--you are in one of the top six accommodations on the ship--so the staff is always very happy to accommodate any requests (really!)

We may try a 2 BR Suite ( for the 2 of us) sometime in the Haven if there is no OS available, but we won't have that special forward view option, etc. that we have in the OS.

Boopsahoy - We rarely go to the Haven, though it is available 24/7 for us. We prefer our privacy.

If you like to lounge around a private dip pool, or hot tubs, it will be available to you in the OS. They have snacks--but our Butler always brings WAY more than we can eat, and asks us what we would like for treats, as well as bringing the daily suite afternoon appetizers.

We are more interested in the space (really large living area) , amenities, regardless of weather there is always a nice outdoor area to sit and view the sea, and--let's face it--you are in one of the top six accommodations on the ship--so the staff is always very happy to accommodate any requests (really!)

We may try a 2 BR Suite ( for the 2 of us) sometime in the Haven if there is no OS available, but we won't have that special forward view option, etc. that we have in the OS.

We sail the Gem every year usually in the PH which we greatly enjoy. This was a spur of the moment decision-we got a good upsell offer. :D

"If you like to lounge around a private dip pool, or hot tubs, it will be available to you in the OS."

In an OS on the Jade?

On the Sun, those two wonderful - but quite different - Owner's Suites have an even larger front balcony (but no smaller side balcony), lots of lounge furniture, and a big, private Hot Tub.

But on the Jade?

And a private pool?

A hot tub and a small pool would be available in the Haven, but they aren't private for the guests staying in each OS.

Even the GV doesn't have a private pool, although they seem to have just about everything else, including a private hot tub.

(Although we don't care for the view of the huge pool deck; much nicer to see the forward view of "where we are going".)

And yes, the Butler services on NCL with pretty much whatever snacks one wishes, almost whenever one wishes... amazing.

Geezer - Oops, sorry, PRIVATE meaning for suite members, duhhhh!

Meant a private area, versus the crowded main pool, hot tub area.

You mean for HAVEN guests?

It's still not "private for the *suite* guests".

(And on [all?] Jewel class ships, there are both Haven and non-Haven suites.)

And yes, that Haven was a life-saver (or cruise-saver?) on a crowded holiday cruise on the Pearl.

Never again on that type of ship on a holiday. (Maybe we just had children/teens on unusual rampages on that cruise...?)

But absolutely, if a truly private hot tub isn't important, that forward view... we LOVE those!

(Have you seen/tried the OS on the Sun? Much bigger, more like a more elaborate DOS on the Dawn, but with a huge balcony giving almost 180 degree views. And private hot tub!

Just the thing for Alaska! If only other ships had that particular OS... It's not really "fair" to call them all 'OS'.)

You mean for HAVEN guests?

It's still not "private for the *suite* guests".

(And on [all?] Jewel class ships, there are both Haven and non-Haven suites.)

And yes, that Haven was a life-saver (or cruise-saver?) on a crowded holiday cruise on the Pearl.

Never again on that type of ship on a holiday. (Maybe we just had children/teens on unusual rampages on that cruise...?)

But absolutely, if a truly private hot tub isn't important, that forward view... we LOVE those!

(Have you seen/tried the OS on the Sun? Much bigger, more like a more elaborate DOS on the Dawn, but with a huge balcony giving almost 180 degree views. And private hot tub!

Just the thing for Alaska! If only other ships had that particular OS... It's not really "fair" to call them all 'OS'.)

Have you been in the OS on the Gem?:)

Have you been in the OS on the Gem?:)

Nope... Is it special?

The Deck Plans/Floor Plans seem to show it the same as on the other similar ships.

We already love that typical Floor Plan, as mentioned above.

We are always eager to discover new treasures :)

Thanks.

Geezer - I replied in answer to the question of using the courtyard, which is for 'Haven' guests only, which includes Owner's Suites.

We have stayed in the OS on the Sun. 10 days in the Southern Carribbean. Liked the master bath, but the closet had a strange configuration what with a door leading straight out to that shallow hot tub. We missed the side balcony. We really enjoy it on windy, rainy days.

Boops - We have been in the OS on the Gem. Basically identical to the ones on the Dawn & Star, and on all Jewel Class ships.