Carnival Miracle beach resort excursion question

FreudianSlipper

The Miracle offers a beach resort excursion in Cabo but doesn't specify which resort they take you to, and I'm wondering if anyone knows which one it is? I'd like to do a day at a resort and have thought about one called Riu. Is that the Carnival excursion destination. Does it make more sense to do that on our own than go on an excursion that might be rushed?

The day pass for RIU is $99 and all you can eat and drink. You also have to factor in taxi fare. Maybe $15 each way. Your day pass will be good from 12-5pm. The Carnival resort day is $89 and has a buffet and 1 drink included. It is a 4 hour excursion and transportation is included. We are considering the RIU for our April cruise on Miracle. Hope that helps?

The day pass for RIU is $99 and all you can eat and drink. You also have to factor in taxi fare. Maybe $15 each way. Your day pass will be good from 12-5pm. The Carnival resort day is $89 and has a buffet and 1 drink included. It is a 4 hour excursion and transportation is included. We are considering the RIU for our April cruise on Miracle. Hope that helps?

Yes it does, thank you! To clarify, Carnival's excursion is to RIU?

The Miracle offers a beach resort excursion in Cabo but doesn't specify which resort they take you to, and I'm wondering if anyone knows which one it is? I'd like to do a day at a resort and have thought about one called Riu. Is that the Carnival excursion destination. Does it make more sense to do that on our own than go on an excursion that might be rushed?

We've done this excursion a couple of times and it went to Casa Dorada and Via Del Palmar. Both are very nice resorts.

Thanks for all the info! I think we are leaning towards doing the resort excursion through Carnival rather than strike out on our own, but I do have another question before we do: The website indicates the time of the excursion is 4 hours. Does that mean the time at the resort or does that include travel time? I feel like it's worth it if I get a full four hours poolside but if it's 2.5 or 3 hours because of travel that makes me think I'd be better off purchasing a day pass somewhere on my own.

Has anyone ever been to Breathless Resort in Cabo? It's listed on Resort for a Day and I'm just wondering if anyone has positive or negative impressions.

Thanks for all the info! I think we are leaning towards doing the resort excursion through Carnival rather than strike out on our own, but I do have another question before we do: The website indicates the time of the excursion is 4 hours. Does that mean the time at the resort or does that include travel time? I feel like it's worth it if I get a full four hours poolside but if it's 2.5 or 3 hours because of travel that makes me think I'd be better off purchasing a day pass somewhere on my own.

Has anyone ever been to Breathless Resort in Cabo? It's listed on Resort for a Day and I'm just wondering if anyone has positive or negative impressions.

The excursion time of 4 hours includes the transport time also. It's not too far to the resorts from the tender docks, but by the time everyone loads the bus and gets going, and the resort staff does walk you around to tell you about what's included and where lunch is, etc so your actual pool/beach time is probably more like 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

I can't comment on Breathless as we have no experience with that resort.

Enjoy your first cruise whatever you decide to do and be careful, cruising is very addictive! :)

We did the RIU in August and absolutely loved it! I would do it again in a heartbeat! Also they didn't rush you out at 5. We could have stayed as long as we liked!

While I have never been to Cabo I have been to real Mexico and from what I can tell Cabo is just too touristy (kinda like being back home). So my question is having never been there would you recommend doing Medrano and that experience? It really does not sound like we will miss much by skipping the typical tourist stuff and just relaxing at the RIU. I used to spend my summers in Mexico as a kid so no big deal for me I just dont want the family to miss out on anything (although my kids would love that pool). We will still have PV and Mazatlan

Thanks for any advice

While I have never been to Cabo I have been to real Mexico and from what I can tell Cabo is just too touristy (kinda like being back home). So my question is having never been there would you recommend doing Medrano and that experience? It really does not sound like we will miss much by skipping the typical tourist stuff and just relaxing at the RIU. I used to spend my summers in Mexico as a kid so no big deal for me I just dont want the family to miss out on anything (although my kids would love that pool). We will still have PV and Mazatlan

Thanks for any advice

I think your best shot of real Mexico will be Mazatlan. Smallest town on itinerary. It is just a small fishing town. It is one of the shrimp capitals of the world so you better try some there. Just make sure to stay in safe areas. I would follow the blue line and check out the cathedral and go to the market. Very neat and real experience. Order some Mexican ice cream and then maybe go see the cliff divers. After that I recommend going to stone island and going to Lettys for some shrimp. They have a good shrimp platter we got when we went there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly Cabo is so touristy and there is so many resorts I would just do it yourself unless you are worried about making it back to the shop in time or want to ensure you get off fast. It would be cheaper to do it on your own than through the ship. Probably could use the money you save and purchase FTTF and still make sure you get off early or just make sure to be one of the first to meet for tenders in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning on booking the Resort Beach Break https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/ its $79 for adults and $54 for kids over six, under that are free.

It looks beautiful and right on Medano beach. You also get the choice of snorkeling, stand up paddling boarding, boat to los acros and other options included. I think it seems like a good deal