Tuxes and gowns?

ARI421

I own a tux, but have rented one (except shoes) the last several cruises. I like wearing it and DW likes the way it looks. Renting saves the trouble of packing and it's not wrinkled.

We have cruised +35 years on +35 ships and the percentage of tux wearing men has dropped considerable. However, the last 2-3 years I still see about 10% wearing them with 50-60% wearing suits or sport coats. The remainder just look tacky.

I have never felt overdressed wearing a tux.

I take a dinner jacket and a tux. I don't care what anyone thinks but my wife. She appreciates that I am willing to dress so she can. I find that waiters treat us better when we dress. Just my opinion.

That's our feelings, I dress up for him and he willingly dresses up for me. I love finding new dresses and surprising him. He always waits at one of the bars for me while I get ready and I meet him there. We always get comments from other guests and staff. He'd wear a tux every night if I asked him too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I picked up a tux for our last Royal Caribbean cruise and was in solid company amongst the other guys on the cruise. I didn't bring it with me for our NCL cruise last year. I sort of regretted it at first but I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Definitely plan on packing it for our upcoming Allure sailing.

People tend to be less formal on Caribbean itineraries as opposed to European ones, and the shorter the cruise, the fewer tuxes.

HOWEVER, the great thing about a tux is that you can rent it precruise, and then

1- there's more room in your suitcase for other stuff, or you can take less luggage

2- the tux is delivered to your room on your first day, (try it on when you get it, and you can get it fixed/altered in time for the first formal night if there is a problem)

3- they take it away after the last formal, and then there is more room in your closet for laundry and souvenirs!

4- you don't have to worry about packing ties, etc.

DH loves all the compliments he gets when he wears a tux!

My DH always wears his tux on Formal nights -- sometimes with full tux shirt, other times with black shirt and tie. I wear a gown. Few places to get dressed up these days so we enjoy it on Formal nights.