Cost of Massages

meanmom08

Does anyone know how much the regular cost of a 50 minute massage is in the spa? I'll be on the Grandeur for their Jan 3rd sailing and they are running a special on prebooked massages for $89 which they claim is 30% off. Is this as good as it gets or does RCCL run other specials later in the cruise?

anything under $100 is a deal on board.

the port day specials typically include your choice of 3 20 minute treatments for $99. there will not be any 'real' specials on full , regular treatments. best you can hope for is if you book multiple sessions over the course of the week, they will cut you a deal.

Regular 'spa menu' price was $149 for a hot stone massage on RC Brilliance last week.

We won a $100 spa certificate in a raffle so I got a great deal off the regular price ... but $89 sounds pretty good to me.

FWIW ... my massage was AAAAAAAAAMAZING and well worth the $$$ I'll definitely be saving up for "next time". Don't forget to budget for the 18% gratuity that will automatically be added (and anything 'extra' if you choose to tip extra)

I also purchased a Thermal Suite pass and used it EVERY single day ... usually early morning while my travel partner napped or read ... it was nice to have a little 'alone' time and I loved the Thermal Loungers and the steam rooms!

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

I looked at the 30% off "sales price" and thought it might be interesting. Turns out, there are extremely few times/dates that offer the 30% rate. Mostly, you are paying almost full price. The discounts available were so minimal, that I decided to wait until I was on the ship. I'll probably wait and get a beach massage which are just as nice and typically a third of the ship's price.

Does anyone know how much the regular cost of a 50 minute massage is in the spa? I'll be on the Grandeur for their Jan 3rd sailing and they are running a special on prebooked massages for $89 which they claim is 30% off. Is this as good as it gets or does RCCL run other specials later in the cruise?

Meanmom08- i cruise on the Grandeur often and they always have a $99 special on a port day that includes not only the massage, but a mini facial and either a foot and ankle or a scalp massage. That is truly the BEST deal. The second best IMHO is the $139 special which includes several things with options and i just can't remember what is included. For sure the massage and a minifacial but i cannot remember what else. It is not quite as good a deal as the $99 and if all you want is just a massage then that 89 deal sounds like the best for you- i just love having a facial and foot and ankle massage myself.

Every time i'm in Cozumel i take an excellent 1 hour massage for only $30! and it's only a 5 minutes walk from the terminal.

Ohhh?????? Do tell .. where? specifics!!!! Please?

We did not have the best experience in Cozumel (due to a lack of planning on our part, nothing major or the fault of anyone else) but i would LOVE to know about a great massage there for "next time" ... and a great 'non-excursion' beach if possible as well.

So first time booking a massage on a ship for my wife. Beside the automatic service charge added...what's a reasonable tip? I was thinking 20? Do you pay in cash?

the mandatory 18% is more than enough for a reasonable tip. if you choose to add more, cash is fine, or you can add it to the account.

and I have even removed that if they persist on giving me the hard sell afterward on the products they insist i need to 'get rid of toxins'

and I have even removed that if they persist on giving me the hard sell afterward on the products they insist i need to 'get rid of toxins'

I'm too kind-hearted (meek?) to remove the tip ... I know they are trained/pushed by their management to try to up-sell and if I've enjoyed the massage I feel they deserve the tip. But does anyone have a suggestion on a good way to cut down on the after-massage sales pitch?

I'm working on being able to just say "I know you are supposed to try to sell me products, but I'm not buying today and would really rather just enjoy relaxing ..." is that appropriate?

I have a friend who is GREAT at just saying 'no thank you' straight up in a tone that seems to cut-off service staff pretty quickly but without being out and out rude ... and it doesn't bother her at all to do so ... but i'm a bit less 'strong' than she is ... any other suggestions for those of us who can't be quite as abrupt?

I have done everything from write it on the paperwork you fill out prior to going in to telling them flat out before they leave to let you get changed. It works about half the time. Only once did she persist even after I tried to shut her down. And yes I got attitude from the receptionist when I crossed off the 18% and replaced it with a zero. Most do understand that their tip options go down exponentially the pushier they are

Sent from my iPad using Forums