Help me choose haven aft penthouse or haven spa suite on ncl epic

bklynfinest77

they are both the same price .. when i look at floor plan the only difference i see is the spa room have a whirl pool in the room and a balcony the penthouse dont have a whirlpool but it have a larger glass door and aft balcony... i cant tell if the aft balcony in the penthouse is larger if it is i would rather that but if it the same size im thinking the whirl pool would be nice but would i use it not sure .. help me decided!!!

Haven Spa suite room doesn't have a sofa or chair or table in the room. If that's important to you, skip it. U could sit at the balcony thought. Forget about dine in your room unless u like eating on the bed. I was in room 14149. Very very very noisy early in the morning because the NCL staff will be dragging and dropping lounge chairs between 4-6 am. But if u don't mind load bang and noises, you should be fine. I went up and saw this guy dragging and dropping chairs. I recorded it. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sestar

good to know .. yes the noise will drive me crazy and my hubby likes to eat in the room and i think the couch would be important ... thanks so much for that info .. i think ill go with the penthouse .... glad i posted this!!!

Haven Spa suite room doesn't have a sofa or chair or table in the room. If that's important to you, skip it. U could sit at the balcony thought. Forget about dine in your room unless u like eating on the bed. I was in room 14149. Very very very noisy early in the morning because the NCL staff will be dragging and dropping lounge chairs between 4-6 am. But if u don't mind load bang and noises, you should be fine. I went up and saw this guy dragging and dropping chairs. I recorded it. Haha

Our Haven Spa Suite on Getaway had a sofa and coffee table. Our Haven Spa Suite on Breakaway had 2 chairs and a table. Neither of our suites (port side) were noisy at all. The difference between the two suites is that the Spa suite gives you access to the thermal suite, where the Penthouse does not so it would be an extra expense if you wanted that. However, the Aft facing penthouses usually have a separate bedroom and living room and yes, they do have a larger balcony. The negative is all the vibration in an aft cabin when pulling into port.

so the haven penthouse wouldnt have access???? ... oh no now i think i want the spa room ugh decisions

Not unless you spring for the extra spa passes.

Last year we had a Haven 2 Bedroom on the Getaway and we bought spa passes. (Our first time in the Haven.) After the cruise, my wife and I discussed that we really didn't need the spa passes since the Haven courtyard was quiet, had plenty of chairs, and had a nice pool and hot tubs.

This year we had a Haven 2 Bedroom on the Epic, and we didn't bother with the spa passes. We enjoyed the quiet haven courtyard along with the pool and hot tubs, sauna and steam room, as well as posh. :D

is the thermal spa really worth it even though the haven court yard is relaxing .. if the balcony is bigger, i think i will stick with penthouse .. but i never been in a thermal spa and it sound interested but im not really a spa person .. i hate how indecisive i am ... ugh!!

We absolutely LOVED the Thermal Spa and would buy passes if we were not in a Spa room. The variety of pools including therapy and whirlpool, the heated loungers, the sauna, the regular loungers. Loved it all. Went every day.

There have been tales of the Haven courtyard having noisey children and adults, making it a less than relaxing location. On our cruise, it was typical to have every lounger covered in towels before lunch (which we noticed when we went down for lunch). Don't know if that happens on other voyages.

It's, once again, personal choice. I am hope you enjoy whichever you select.

is the thermal spa really worth it even though the haven court yard is relaxing .. if the balcony is bigger, i think i will stick with penthouse .. but i never been in a thermal spa and it sound interested but im not really a spa person .. i hate how indecisive i am ... ugh!!

On our last cruise, the Haven area was very quiet. VERY quiet. I only saw 5 kids at Haven. All very well behave kids. I had Spa access but I only went there twice. Spa was more busy than Haven. Haven has sauna room and I think steam room as well. I don't think the Spa access was needed. Epic is very different ship than any other NCL ships. Aft Haven penthouse is very different as well. It looks like just a bigger room. On Escape, it has a living room and separate bedroom. Epic aft penthouse does t have it. Be sure to view the deck plan and floor plan.

Spa pass was only $129/person a week. Haven guests have Posh access as well. Posh is for sun bathing and enjoy the quietness.

Enjoy your cruise. If u can afford 2 bedroom, that would be better option. Very quiet and exclusive.

We are older and this is how we decided:

We are older 60's/70's and are sailing to Europe which is port intensive and long hours. We really love aft suites, that is my screams you hear when they make us disembark. If you love watching the wake and just kicking it on the balcony watching the fish, dolphins, or flying fish jumping through this is the place for you. We have never regretted aft suites. The last time on the Epic we had a spa cabin and really enjoyed the spa access (ok I did - the DH lived in Posh literally). This time we decided we are too lazy to walk aft to forward everyday to the Haven area and ever midship to forward and not as excited about the spa as we realized we had very little time to enjoy it. My DH wanted to sail forward again so we went with a Courtyard forward cabin. Yep, you have a 'sunroom" type of balcony with windows that open. Choose what you will enjoy the most!

On our last cruise, the Haven area was very quiet. VERY quiet. I only saw 5 kids at Haven. All very well behave kids. I had Spa access but I only went there twice. Spa was more busy than Haven. Haven has sauna room and I think steam room as well. I don't think the Spa access was needed. Epic is very different ship than any other NCL ships. Aft Haven penthouse is very different as well. It looks like just a bigger room. On Escape, it has a living room and separate bedroom. Epic aft penthouse does t have it. Be sure to view the deck plan and floor plan.

Spa pass was only $129/person a week. Haven guests have Posh access as well. Posh is for sun bathing and enjoy the quietness.

Enjoy your cruise. If u can afford 2 bedroom, that would be better option. Very quiet and exclusive.

I thought about the 2 bedroom as it only 200 more and we can afford it but the 2 bedrooms have small deck much smaller then the penthouse and spa room .. also the 2 bedroom looks crap .. I like the look of the penthouse aND spa better .. I still think I'm going to go with the penthouse over the spa .. thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We are older and this is how we decided:

We are older 60's/70's and are sailing to Europe which is port intensive and long hours. We really love aft suites, that is my screams you hear when they make us disembark. If you love watching the wake and just kicking it on the balcony watching the fish, dolphins, or flying fish jumping through this is the place for you. We have never regretted aft suites. The last time on the Epic we had a spa cabin and really enjoyed the spa access (ok I did - the DH lived in Posh literally). This time we decided we are too lazy to walk aft to forward everyday to the Haven area and ever midship to forward and not as excited about the spa as we realized we had very little time to enjoy it. My DH wanted to sail forward again so we went with a Courtyard forward cabin. Yep, you have a 'sunroom" type of balcony with windows that open. Choose what you will enjoy the most!

Yea I'm not into the sun room type balconys it the one thing I want to avoid .. my perfect room would be the a aft penthouse with Master bedroom like I seen on other ships but the epic doesn't have that

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...

Looking at the Western Med from Barcelona and debating between Aft and Spa....question is should you have a balcony on the side or aft for 1st time cruise in this area....ready....go with suggestions and Thank You!

Looking at the Western Med from Barcelona and debating between Aft and Spa....question is should you have a balcony on the side or aft for 1st time cruise in this area....ready....go with suggestions and Thank You!

This is a very port intensive cruise so unless you plan on using the spa when you return to the ship I would go with aft. We usually sail aft but this time opted to go with a forward courtyard to be closer to Posh as we knew we would spend more time there. We did use the spa the last time on the Epic (Caribbean itinerary) and I enjoyed it (the DH stayed in Posh-never going to the spa lol)

On the western med do you see a lot if you are on the starboard along the coast? If you can enjoy a good view from the balcony I'd think a side balcony would be better than aft. We are looking at a late April early May cruise.

On the western med do you see a lot if you are on the starboard along the coast? If you can enjoy a good view from the balcony I'd think a side balcony would be better than aft. We are looking at a late April early May cruise.

Sorry, our Med cruise we sailed in a forward Haven suite so we had great views. We arrived early in the ports but sailing out we also sat forward as we sat in the bar in Posh. Perhaps check out the review section with cabins.