"Reciprocity fee" upon entry to Argentina

Cobra427SC

What country passport do you travel with? Have you looked at your cruise personalizer?, Do you look at Princess Email?

ARGENTINA RECIPROCITY FEE

Canadian and Australian passport holders visiting Argentina are required to pay a reciprocity fee online at https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/. This fee must be paid by credit card prior to your cruise and is required regardless of whether you choose to remain onboard or go ashore. The reciprocity fee amounts are as follows:

Canada - USD $92 per person valid for multiple entries for 10 years Australia - USD $100 per person valid for multiple entries for 1 year.

Once paid, print and bring the electronic ticket with you to cruise check-in. Please note, the ticket reads "TASA DE RECIPROCIDAD" at the top and has a bar code at the bottom. Do not pack the reciprocity document in your checked luggage, as you must present the ticket with an official bar code at cruise check-in or risk being denied boarding.

RECIPROCITY FEE REVOKED FOR US CITIZENS BY PRESIDENTIAL DECREE

US citizens were granted exemption from paying the reciprocity fee by Presidencial Decree No. 959/2016, published on August 23, 2016.

The reciprocity fee still applies to Australian and Canadian passport holders..

Edited by hpeabody

As of August 23, 2016 the reciprocity fee for pax holding USA passports was granted an exception. Before that date pax holding USA passports did have to pay a reciprocity fee. What happened was that the US government dropped the reciprocity fee for Argentinians traveling to the USA so Argentina followed dropping theirs as well. Amazing how a little dropping the fee for their citizens caused a similar thing to happen to ours. Maybe this could spread to other countries.

You have to show a the receipt of the fee when exiting the country. I knew this and still managed to pack the receipt in my checked luggage when embarking. I had to show it to passenger services after I got my luggage.

Do you have a U.S. passport? Your experience had to be prior to April 2016. No more fee for US passport holders since sometime at the end of March 2016.

As of August 23, 2016 the reciprocity fee for pax holding USA passports was granted an exception. Before that date pax holding USA passports did have to pay a reciprocity fee. What happened was that the US government dropped the reciprocity fee for Argentinians traveling to the USA so Argentina followed dropping theirs as well. Amazing how a little dropping the fee for their citizens caused a similar thing to happen to ours. Maybe this could spread to other countries.

Not quite. Argentina passport holders still have to pay the $160 visa fee to visit the US. Argentina is not one of the exempt countries.

The fee was dropped by the new government in order to attract more tourism and investment. Similarly they allowed the peso to float at the same time and eliminated the difference between the official rate and the black market rate.