Vista self-serve beer stations?

marc_b2001

Hi there, i need some info from someone who has used the self-serve beer stations:

-Cost and quantities

-do they add gratuity (15%) like at bar

-is it worth it? (as opposed to going to the bar)

-best beer among choices

-are they reliable? (right quantity, cold, not just beer faom)

Thanks

The beer is cold and flows well. The only choices I remember were Red Frog and Miller Lite. Red Frog was $4.00 for 14 oz. plus tip

I went to the guest services at the end to have the gratuity removed but it wasn't done when I got the charge. Maybe I will eventually get a refund but its a hassle. Not sure why they put a tip charge on self service beer.

Is it worth it? Yes if you don't want to wait for a server or go to a separate bar from the marketplace. Otherwise, no its not worth it.

Beer was good, nice and cold. In Red Frog Pub they served the beers they brew on board. They have a couple of stations at the Lido that serve I believe Bud and Bud Light.

I don't think it is much of a savings, more for convenience. I don't mind paying the tip, someone still has to stock the glasses, clean the station and replace the keg.

One word of warning, we spent a lot of time at the Red Frog Pub and people would look at the tap, pull it, and not figure out that they needed to put there card through and pay for it so they just walk away.

The next person to comes puts there card in and the beer starts to pour out before they have a chance to put the glass under. Make sure the tap is back before you pay for the beer. Enjoy.

One word of warning, we spent a lot of time at the Red Frog Pub and people would look at the tap, pull it, and not figure out that they needed to put there card through and pay for it so they just walk away.

The next person to comes puts there card in and the beer starts to pour out before they have a chance to put the glass under. Make sure the tap is back before you pay for the beer. Enjoy.

Exactly what cccer said. They have the taps on the Sunshine. I put in my card and went to pour, just so happened the tap wasn't fully in the off position and poured about a teaspoon of beer in my glass. It charged me for the teaspoon. haha. The bartender from the Havana bar came out and upon request refunded my few cents and poured the beer for me.

Another warning, it isn't part of Cheers. So you have to pay for it.

Edited by bburk00

If you have to pay a tip, you'll have better choices in the RF Pub for draft beers. So might as well get served there. No one stops you from wandering around with a glass of beer in your hand, or any drink for that matter. And a walk tot he pub will help you burn off those foam calories from the first sip:D

• 3 weeks later...