American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

THIS is why I love this group. I add whatever deals are offered to my card on the first of the month, I already had this deal listed, but I never truly read it (I'm an idiot, I know!). Well, we owed $1020 which was due at the end of June so I wasn't really paying attention to it. My DH and I both have Amex's (not jointly). I just paid $500 and texted him to pay the balance with his card AFTER he activated this deal.

We'll save $200 on this cruise!!

I am editing this to say that AMEX immediately emailed me:

We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

First off thank you to everyone that brought this offer to my attention. I was able to get a 2nd card in my name and use the offer 2 times and once more with my wife's card. With all of these savings, i was able to purchase the Cheers package for dirt cheap!!!

One big thing to keep in mind when you add the 2nd card. When you register the card and create an online account, you must make sure that you do no link it in any way to your original card. it must be a completely separate online account. I must have put it under my original card and the offer would not show for the 2nd card. I had to go in circles with American Express telling them that it ca be done. I finally suggested for them to break the link online between the cards. Once I created a brand new online account for the 2nd card, the offer immediately showed.

Probably too late to get a 2nd card and use the offer since it expires tomorrow. Make sure you add the offer to your card and make the $500 payment by tomorrow to get the $100 back. Gotta love getting free money back for doing basically nothing.

Anyone know is there is a new offer, since the old one expired? I did not have the original offer available until I added it via the link provided here and was able to use it. Final payment for me is tomorrow so I would love to save another $100! :D

Anyone know is there is a new offer, since the old one expired? I did not have the original offer available until I added it via the link provided here and was able to use it. Final payment for me is tomorrow so I would love to save another $100! :D

I do not see any new offers on either of our Amex cards for cruise line statement credits. I'm going to "guess" that Amex will put out a new offer sometime in the next month or two but that it won't be for a Carnival Corp. brand but rather another line like maybe Royal, Celebrity, NCL, Crystal, etc. Just my guess based on what I've seen them do in terms of cruise line offers in the past. :)

I do not see any new offers on either of our Amex cards for cruise line statement credits. I'm going to "guess" that Amex will put out a new offer sometime in the next month or two but that it won't be for a Carnival Corp. brand but rather another line like maybe Royal, Celebrity, NCL, Crystal, etc. Just my guess based on what I've seen them do in terms of cruise line offers in the past. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Thanks, that is good to know! I will be on the lookout for new offers!

I'm now especially on the lookout for discounted Carnival and Holland America travel gift cards from Verizon rewards. I heard about that one just a day after they had sold out. You can theoretically buy as many as you'd like... they were going at a rate of $500 gift cards for $450 I think... I don't remember but it was a really good deal.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

But all of those cruise lines were owned by CCL. I used it for a Carnival cruise and a Holland America cruise and I believe it was also valid on Princess and maybe even Seabourn and Cunard.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

But all of those cruise lines were owned by CCL. I used it for a Carnival cruise and a Holland America cruise and I believe it was also valid on Princess and maybe even Seabourn and Cunard.

Correct. That's kind of why I was speculating that Amex's next cruise line statement credit offer won't be on a Carnival Corp brand line since they covered them all with this last offer. Now watch - they will totally cross me up and the next offer they release will be HAL or Princess or Costa! ;)

• 2 months later...

confused... so... after reading post after post after post... i am not sure if i have the answer i am looking for...

I have my deposit down on my cruise which I booked about a month and a half ago... i had this kind of offer previously but it had run out before i booked.... my deposit was under 500.00 And my balance is under 500. the cruise itself is over 600. So if I pay my balance, on a cruise previously booked before the book in between dates, and my total paid is over 500, will i get the credit? Or isit too late for me??:confused: hope i didn't confuse anyone else... thanks

confused... so... after reading post after post after post... i am not sure if i have the answer i am looking for...

I have my deposit down on my cruise which I booked about a month and a half ago... i had this kind of offer previously but it had run out before i booked.... my deposit was under 500.00 And my balance is under 500. the cruise itself is over 600. So if I pay my balance, on a cruise previously booked before the book in between dates, and my total paid is over 500, will i get the credit? Or isit too late for me??:confused: hope i didn't confuse anyone else... thanks

I think you have to have a single charge of $500 or more with the offer added to your card and of course use it for a covered cruise. It does sound like you are out of luck unless you can still add it to your card and possibly charge at least $500 by adding other charges such as prepaid OBC or excursions.

You can have them charge $500 to your Amex and credit back whatever else you already paid to reach the charge of $500.

So let's say your balance is $400 and your deposit was $200. Have them charge $500 and credit back $100 to your previous form of payment. Hope this makes sense.

AMEX has reinstated this offer again! Good for now until 12/2017. I saw it this AM when I was checking my account and added it again for all 4 of our cards and just made a pymt for $500 on a balance we have coming due. It takes about 3 days for the $100 stmt credit to appear.

You can use it on a pre-existing booking but each payment has to be $500 or more to get the $100 credit back.

And, you have to add the offer to your card.

And, you can redeem the offer 1x for EACH AmEx card you have. Hope this answers your question!

AMEX has reinstated this offer again! Good for now until 12/2017. I saw it this AM when I was checking my account and added it again for all 4 of our cards and just made a pymt for $500 on a balance we have coming due. It takes about 3 days for the $100 stmt credit to appear.

You can use it on a pre-existing booking but each payment has to be $500 or more to get the $100 credit back.

And, you have to add the offer to your card.

And, you can redeem the offer 1x for EACH AmEx card you have. Hope this answers your question!

I just saw the offer on our cards this A.M. and was coming here to report but you beat me to it! :D

Do you have a new link? It's not on mine.

No I couldn't and apparently the old link doesn't work (not yet anyway). :( Maybe someone else can dig it up, I never was sure how people found it the last time.

Do you have a new link? It's not on mine.

I went to "offers" at the bottom ... clicked "see all" and then specified it to "travel".

I have AmEx Blue. I know that it did not show up in my offers the last go round and I had to do online chat to get them added for each of our cards.

However, I believe this is the link you are referring to:

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

Get a $100 statement credit after you use your enrolled American Express® Card to spend $500 or more booking a cruise with Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard or Seabourn between July 5, 2017, and December 31, 2017.

I went to "offers" at the bottom ... clicked "see all" and then specified it to "travel".

I have AmEx Blue. I know that it did not show up in my offers the last go round and I had to do online chat to get them added for each of our cards.

However, I believe this is the link you are referring to:

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

Thanks, but no. That just tells you about it and directs you to their websites. Last time it was an actual link to the offer where you could add it to your cards. The old link doesn't work and the other link takes me to travel deals but not this one. I may have to call or do online chat as it's not in my offers.

Thanks, but no. That just tells you about it and directs you to their websites. Last time it was an actual link to the offer where you could add it to your cards. The old link doesn't work and the other link takes me to travel deals but not this one. I may have to call or do online chat as it's not in my offers.

Now that you mention it, I think the last time this offer was out and people did not have it on their cards, they called or chatted with Amex CR's and somehow got that americanexpress.com link from the rep and passed it along here.

I just got off the chat and "Ulmer" said he couldn't add it and that I will have to wait for the invitation and sync my cards. Told him my cards are already synced and I have 49 other offers none of which I received invitations for. I'm going to have to end up calling later.

Anyone have another link that works? PLEASE!!!!

Note they have made a change to the "terms" this go round:

*Card Members with more than 1 eligible Card associated with their online account will only have the option to add the offer to 1 of the Cards.

So ... you can ONLY USE IT 1X PER ACCOUNT. :(