Harmony experienced compared to Oasis/Allure

Ability of cruise ship staff to help

Big difference here. While we had a great wait staff and room attendant, on Harmony no one could help me with anything. Some examples:

- I purchased onboard credit for my mother as a gift, but it didn't appear on her account. Tried to get guest services to help, to which they responded with many different replies including: "just wait another 48 hours and your credit will appear", "you must not have actually purchased the OBC", "you didn't activate it in time". Not once did they actually consider I purchased the OBC properly. They all assumed I did something wrong.

I'm sorry if I missed it in another post but did you get this straightened out?

Hi

I was looking at the Superior Balcony on the harmony of the Seas and wondering if the table on the balcony is as tall as the Oasis & Allure. We love to eat breakfast on the balcony. Are the table smaller?

From what I have seen from photos posted, the ocean balconies have a small, low table - like maybe to set a drink on. The neighborhood balconies have the larger round tables that all balconies on Oasis used to have. My daughter and I will be in our second Central Park Balcony, and I was relieved to see the larger tables in the pix. We spent a lot of time playing cards, Scrabble, and using our iPads on the table on our Oasis CP Balcony last February. Would have been disappointed with the small tables I've seen on the Harmony ocean balconies.

HOTS had to be the noisiest ship we've been on in many years, in terms of creaking and cracking sounds in our JS. It was really noticeable at night. Didn't get the whistling sound from the balcony doors though. I also REALLY disliked the ugly giant head in the promenade. Who thought that was attractive?

Avoid the Anthem at all costs then.

Very creaky ship.

Must be in the minority then.

I thought H was a class above O and A.

Decent service, good food, plenty to do, excellent cabins, and the WATERSLIDES.

The thing I didn't like was the entrance to the WJ with the 'Washing Hands' stations.

At Breakfast with a ship of over 6,000 people, maybe have more than 4 stations each side?

First let me say that we have not sailed Oasis or Allure (we will be on Oasis in May), we absolutely loved the Harmony. We had a boardwalk balcony cabin (deck 11) and thought that our cabin location was perfect. No "eye sore" from the Abyss that people talk about and could easily see out to the ocean in our wake. We didn't notice any "noise" from the balcony door, but I can imagine you would if you didn't have it closed completely and locked. And I can understand why they would be a little difficult to open/close seeing as they aren't very old and they are pretty well insulated.

As for the dining, we thought the food was great and our servers were quick and a delight as well.

Again, I have not been on either of the other ships in this class, but I'm looking forward to the comparison in May! :)

From what I have seen from photos posted, the ocean balconies have a small, low table - like maybe to set a drink on. The neighborhood balconies have the larger round tables that all balconies on Oasis used to have. My daughter and I will be in our second Central Park Balcony, and I was relieved to see the larger tables in the pix. We spent a lot of time playing cards, Scrabble, and using our iPads on the table on our Oasis CP Balcony last February. Would have been disappointed with the small tables I've seen on the Harmony ocean balconies.

ImageUploadedByForums1482901103.419476.jpg.14c8b990ec7b716dbe22879b5afd2b6d.jpg

Hopefully this gives an idea of the tables

I'm sorry if I missed it in another post but did you get this straightened out?

Yes , but without the ship's assistance. I posted on Royal's Facebook page and someone reached out to me to try and settle it. It turns out that the e-certificate can only be given to passengers who are American, and my mother is Canadian. They vowed to give me a refund. Not clear why they didn't let me know about this in the three months between me purchasing the credit and the actual cruise.

Yes , but without the ship's assistance. I posted on Royal's Facebook page and someone reached out to me to try and settle it. It turns out that the e-certificate can only be given to passengers who are American, and my mother is Canadian. They vowed to give me a refund. Not clear why they didn't let me know about this in the three months between me purchasing the credit and the actual cruise.

Never knew that. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

That's so odd. We're Canadian and have purchased OBC or had it purchased for us and not had any issue. Maybe it's ship specific.:confused:

Edited: Lol sorry, just realized I resurrected an old thread. Doh!

Must be in the minority then.

I thought H was a class above O and A.

Decent service, good food, plenty to do, excellent cabins, and the WATERSLIDES.

The thing I didn't like was the entrance to the WJ with the 'Washing Hands' stations.

At Breakfast with a ship of over 6,000 people, maybe have more than 4 stations each side?

We sailed on Allure and we are going back on her in November, but from our experience Harmony is much nicer. Ah yes the WATERSLIDES, definitely are a BIG plus. Even setting that aside the Mini Bites on Harmony on the pool deck was a better place to eat than WipeOut Cafe on Allure. I know that WipeOut Cafe is still there, and I probably won't visit it, when we sail on Allure in November.

The other thing that is much nicer on Harmony is the room furniture and storage space. The two 'closets' on Harmony are much more convenient than the standard closet that is on Allure. We have the same cabin when we sail on Allure that we had our first time, for its location convenience, and would not have expected the design of any other cabin in that category of balcony to have a different internal layout. The furniture implemented on Harmony has two towers that function as both closet and drawers and facilitate clothes much better.