Norwegian Gem Dec 11-19 Review

clean1owner

dexddd

I just noticed your signature showing the Skyward as your first cruise in 1984. It was mine too! You never forget your first time.

Wow. We went Spring Break 2014. I recall some of it - like baked Alaska. I still have a pic of my dad, mom, and myself at the entrance of the Captain's Cocktail party - our DD actually has it posted on her cork board. Two years later my dad had died so the couple trips after that were with my mom and/or mom and grandmother.

I wish I still had my NCL Dive-In tshirt.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We will be on the Gem in 3 weeks, going to the same ports, so was really happy to read your comments.

I'm not sure if you have anything planned for Tortola but I have the card from the tour we used with an email address if you have any interest in using him. He was a hoot without even trying to be - plus we had a great group of other pax. It was $20 per person for about 4 hours - sounds like he does custom tours if you so desire.

Gem was great - have a fun time.

:D I loved your review of the Gem. It's always nice to hear how other folks have enjoyed their time on the gem. I love the size of the ship as it seems perfect in comparison to those other mega ships.

Im planning on going in Feb of 2017 again on the gem and have religiously been following the prices waiting for them to lower and lower. How can I get on this last minute list direct from NCL so that I may be lucky to get notification of a last minute offer?

I'm not sure if you have anything planned for Tortola but I have the card from the tour we used with an email address if you have any interest in using him. He was a hoot without even trying to be - plus we had a great group of other pax. It was $20 per person for about 4 hours - sounds like he does custom tours if you so desire.

We do not specific plans for Tortola. Your tour sounded great! I would definitely like to have your drivers contact info. Thanks for the offer.

We love the Gem! We have been on her twice before, once on a 21 day TA so it's like reuniting with an old friend. Love the layout and the size. 3 weeks can't go quick enough!

:D I loved your review of the Gem. It's always nice to hear how other folks have enjoyed their time on the gem. I love the size of the ship as it seems perfect in comparison to those other mega ships.

Im planning on going in Feb of 2017 again on the gem and have religiously been following the prices waiting for them to lower and lower. How can I get on this last minute list direct from NCL so that I may be lucky to get notification of a last minute offer?

Moonglo

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I just started getting emails and regular mail notifications from a "Personal Cruise Consultant" about 3 years ago. I think we may have booked our Dawn cruise direct with NCL, instead of an outside agency, which put us on the list.

If you normally book through an outside agency, maybe try calling NCL just to get a quote on a future booking, which could start the offers coming to you. As far as I know, they are commissioned agents too, so they will notify you of just about every sale and promotion that goes on.

Would you mind sharing the card for your tour? We go next month and I'm looking for something to do (on my birthday!) in Tortola! Many thanks!

Would you mind sharing the card for your tour? We go next month and I'm looking for something to do (on my birthday!) in Tortola! Many thanks!

No problem - I have it sitting on one of the cabinets at home. Another poster was interested as well and I've been meaning to post his contact info.

We do not specific plans for Tortola. Your tour sounded great! I would definitely like to have your drivers contact info. Thanks for the offer.

We love the Gem! We have been on her twice before, once on a 21 day TA so it's like reuniting with an old friend. Love the layout and the size. 3 weeks can't go quick enough!

I'll try to scan the card and post but the card says:

Safari Truck

Ned Phillps

Island Tours

eddiephillips53l@yahoo.com

Not sure why it would appear the "i" is missing as part of the last name and why the email is eddie vs. Ned but that is what is on the card.

He made mention of doing private tours. Our tour was $20 each for the roughly 4 hour trip. He collected money at the end which I thought was odd but the other drivers must do the same as the one couple who jumped off another truck and jumped onto ours at our first stop hadn't paid either.