Reflection Review 12/17thru12/24

gtxl1200

Hello everyone, This review will be a review of what demographic of customers Celebrity is aiming for. I am 51 my wife is 62. This is our 2nd time on Celebrity and our 5th cruise. We are Not Zenith super plus, plus. We take vacations to enjoy ourselves. We have also done several different types of vacations. All Inclusive Land resorts and our own land travels. There will be no pictures. There are thousands of pictures, on Cruise Critic, You tube and you can Google them.

Embarkation: Wow what a Breeze. We are from the Rust belt of the United States. During the winter we live in Florida. So we Drove to the port of Miami. We arrive around 10:30 and parked and walk to the ship. There were no lines. we checked in got our sea pass and was on board sipping the free glass of sparkling wine or what ever it was by 10:45 nice job celebrity.

We had Cabin 1140 Concierge on deck 10. it is one cabin aft of the hump on the starboard side. When I scour the internet for a cruise. I start with looking for 2 cots in the engine room. We spend very little time in our room so we couldn't care less where it is located. Whether it has a Balcony or not. We certainly don't care how many square foot the Balcony is. So with that said when I was searching, Celebrity was having a special for this Concierge class and it was cheaper than the 2 cots in the engine room. So I booked it. It came with 2 of the go best perks. Then later, the price dropped and they offered Go Best so I snagged it. So We had all 4 perks. Great because I was going to upgrade the original classic drink package to the premium anyway. Like I said we enjoy our vacation we don't hide in our room, share a bottle of water and complain the drink package doesn't work for us. We were in a Concierge so we had the option to have lunch in the MDR. So we walked around the ship until 11:30 when the lunch opened and we had lunch. Very nice we both had the lamb and it was very good. Here it is a Tip: All the menus are posted in the MDR so if the 3 choices they offer for the lunch doesn't appeal to you. just walk away and find and alternative. Food is subjective. Complaining on Cruise critic. About you don't like fish or lamb isn't Celebrities fault. Our Room was a room like any other room on the ship. also being in Concierge We were supposed to have a 1.99 bottle of bubbly when we arrived it wasn't in the room. Plus we needed an extension cord for the wife's CPAP machine. So I make a call to our room attendant. I ask about the bubbly and the cord. Her response was well I will bring it when I am ready and when I can meet everyone. OK Stop! right there. I don't need to meet you. I don't ask hotels to meet the people in Housekeeping. I want fresh towels everyday. That is the extent of our relationship. The bubbly and cord arrived sometime after we left and came back for sail away. I never saw her again. The room was clean and we had fresh towels everyday Perfect.

Internet: It was included in the go best package. It seems, somehow we misplaced our info on how to sign on. oops it was our fault. No big deal. We went to the concierge desk on deck 12 she hooked us up on a matter of minutes and away we go. I use a lot of internet but on vacation not so much I found the internet on Reflection to be sufficient for my needs. Facebook, checking news and general. I didn't need to stream movies from netflex or skype anyone. So I have no complaints.

Opus Dining room: We had Select Dining this time. This is the first time doing this. We always liked the fixed dining and meeting other cruisers at a large table. This time though, we thought we would try being on our own schedule. We liked it very much. It really seemed to take a little stress out of the cruise. You never really had to think about the time. No matter when we showed up we never had to wait. Now here is an Observation. Select dining is somewhat new to Celebrity. Now when you go to a restaurant in your hometown. The hostess Seats you. The waiter comes to you and takes your order. and turns your order in. Unfortunately Celebrity is still doing things old School. When everyone had a set time. Everyone sat down. The waiter would take Everyone's order then brought out all the appetizers, Then would bring out All the entrees. This worked in a Fixed dining situation. Unfortunately Celebrity at least on this sailing was still trying to do this. They would wait until several people were sit. then take all the orders. It led to some Very very long dinners some night. This is a Management issue not any fault of the Waitstaff. They need to train or hire someone who has worked in a regular type restaurant setting to make things run more smoothly. I know, I'm on a cruise ship I'm not going anywhere. but 2 and a half hours for dinner was just a tad to long some nights. For us the Food was good. I see all the time people complaining about the portions are to small. Or other things. Order two if you need. Simple problem solved.

Lawn Club Grill: Now we have never done a specialty restaurant. We have always been Pleased with the food in the MDR. Plus the ridiculous prices they ask is insane. The best steakhouse in our Hometown will cost us 40 bucks out the door for two of us. Now maybe a 100 for two in New York city or San Francisco is normal. How many on the ship are from those places? Since though we had 300 OBC from the go best. We chose this restaurant. I chose the option to cook. Had a blast. I will add, This was the best filet mignon I have ever had. You could cut it with a fork. So A+ for the Lawn Club Grill.

Pool Deck: We spend all day out here even at Port days. We don't go to shore more on that later. Now here is the deal people. Relaxing on vacation is also subjective like food. I will say though the music by the pool Had people in a great mood. People were dancing next to their loungers and happy and it was a general fun atmosphere. This make repeat costumers and happy costumers also spend more. For those of you complaining about they are not playing string quartet or elevator music by the pool. I would say it might be time to find another line. Because for us we had a lot better time by the pool with this than with a string orchestra. Where I would want to put a gun to my head. I don't like rap music and I never heard any. The last sea day the DJ was playing some modern Techno music that had a heavy thump to it. It did get a little annoying for awhile. but it certainly didn't make me run to my tablet and complain to Cruise critic about it. Every day they had a Band Called Blind Vinyl that played at the Pool They played all kinds of music and they were good. My wife and I really enjoyed them. So did the rest of the pool deck. Once again Celebrity got it right with this band. The only Complaint I had is one day they had a cornhole game with the officers. The guy on the microphone was very annoying. not to mention they had the volume so loud I think they could hear it in Miami. I did leave during that until it was over. It just hurt my ears.

Bar Staff: They get a FAIL! I read all time on Cruise critic how they cut back and don't have enough bar staff. That isn't really true. I have been to a lot of bars that were a lot busier and less staff and never had to wait as long as I did for drinks like I did. The problem is. They are guaranteed their tips now. With the drinks packages. So they move like slugs. I never seen people move as slow as the bar tenders did on this cruise. Plus they would only take one person at a time. There is no reason you can't ask two or three people what would you like. So while the blender is going you can grab a couple of beers. It was agony to sit there and watch this. Then they don't seem to have peripheral vision. I would walk up and stand there and get ignored. Then other would walk up and they would wait on them. This got so bad I finally lost it in Labadee. I literally had to yell at the guy when 6 people walked up after me and he served them first. Plus what is the deal with the machines they run your card thru? They seem to have to hit 30 buttons for every drink. This is a Management issue. First the beverage manager needs to be on this. Maybe a little talk with the bar staff. You either move faster or your going to see your family back home sooner then you planned. Plus they need to look at the software on those card readers. should be as simple as a swipe and one touch. Another Management issue. When and only when you can get the sommelier to show her face in Cellars masters. Which is a place that can really be good. People would come in and ask if their package would work in the machines. Yes Reflection still has them. She would say no. Nothing else. Like well no but I have several wines you can drink with your package. Nothing but a NO. So the people would walk away. Once again Management issue. What is going on in that back room that is so important that she will hardly come out for. Then she is in such a hurry to get back to it. That she cant explain to people that there are options. Management Fail. The world Bar FAIL! OK fine you want a specialty bar. But geez at least serve other things. I saw more people walk away because one person of the two didn't want anything on the MENU ONLY really?? how hard would it be. to pour a gin and tonic for someone. That is really a Management Fail!

Ok I have tons more. I will finish this later. I'm sure most of my comments on here will start a flame war. What is Cruise Critic with out it though. If there is enough interest. I will finish this. I may anyway. hahaha. Please ignore my grammar and punctuation. I suffer with that immensely.:eek:

Great review. Look forward to more details. Will you talk about shows? We are on Reflection 1/7 and so very ready to set sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I will get to the shows. All in all pretty good..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Glad to read that you enjoyed your cruise.

We were on the Reflection TA arriving on 11/5. I am surprised that the bar service was so much different. For 15 days I had no problem getting a drink in any bar including some nice beers and wines in the Cellarmaster.

I agree the Lawn Grill is outstanding. I could never find a quality meal like that for anyway close to $40. Closer to $200 than $40.

I fear you will continue to be disappointed With Select type dining on any cruise line or all inclusive resort. For select dining with a shared table I would hope Celebrity will continue to wait until the other cruisers have arrived or not allow people to join after the orders are taken. If you were one a table for two I would agree with you that all tables of twos should not have to wait for the other tables. Celebrity has never done this to us, but I could see how it might happen. Too bad.

My only minor flame is I do not really really understand why it is necessary to be rude to your cabin attendant. I strongly suspect you did not really share your opinion directly with your poor cabin attendant. Of course you have a right to enjoy your cruise as you prefer without judgement. I am always friendly with mine making a point of greeting him/her when I can. I frequently tell them when everything in my cabin is perfect and when I have any requests. I even put out the do not disturb sign every night and remove it when I Am reading for the cabin to be cleaned.Also we like to have the curtain left open at night.

I guess we view the cabin attendant less has a servant and more has part of our cruise experience.

As always it is great that you are taking the time to share your experiences.

Glad to read that you enjoyed your cruise.

We were on the Reflection TA arriving on 11/5. I am surprised that the bar service was so much different. For 15 days I had no problem getting a drink in any bar including some nice beers and wines in the Cellarmaster.

I agree the Lawn Grill is outstanding. I could never find a quality meal like that for anyway close to $40. Closer to $200 than $40.

I fear you will continue to be disappointed With Select type dining on any cruise line or all inclusive resort. For select dining with a shared table I would hope Celebrity will continue to wait until the other cruisers have arrived or not allow people to join after the orders are taken. If you were one a table for two I would agree with you that all tables of twos should not have to wait for the other tables. Celebrity has never done this to us, but I could see how it might happen. Too bad.

My only minor flame is I do not really really understand why it is necessary to be rude to your cabin attendant. I strongly suspect you did not really share your opinion directly with your poor cabin attendant. Of course you have a right to enjoy your cruise as you prefer without judgement. I am always friendly with mine making a point of greeting him/her when I can. I frequently tell them when everything in my cabin is perfect and when I have any requests. I even put out the do not disturb sign every night and remove it when I Am reading for the cabin to be cleaned.Also we like to have the curtain left open at night.

I guess we view the cabin attendant less has a servant and more has part of our cruise experience.

As always it is great that you are taking the time to share your experiences.

I was not rude to her at all. I just told her that it was not necessary. I didn't want to sit in my room and wait while she met and talked to the other 25 rooms she had. I'm not entitled and don't have a lot of needs. Do you ask to speak to housekeeping while at a hotel? I can open my own curtains.

Great review. Look forward to more details. Will you talk about shows? We are on Reflection 1/7 and so very ready to set sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Reflection Jan 7-14 ,2017 and wondered about the drink pkg which we opted to get. We were on NCL Escape and had a drink pkg in MAY and I have to say NCL watered down their booze immensely. I had 3 mudslides at the pool in an hour and 1/2 and I DON"T DRINK...I was stone cold sober.. with all that supposed alcohol, I should have felt something.

Was wondering if CELEBRITY was also doing the same thing with their booze pkg.

If that is the case and it's so hard to get waited on , I guess I am going to exist on cappucinos for the entire 7 days..

Also heard food was getting sub par...We have tried ALL the specialty dining on the Reflection since this will be our 4th cruise on this ship. We are going back to the Tuscan Grill as their veal chop is AMAZING..I was wondering if service and food quality was still good on the Tuscan Grill.

We always get select dining for 2 by a window and NEVER had a problem with a waiter taking an order and like you said about quantity, just order 2 of something..But the idea of 2 1/2 hr to dine is a little nuts esp if you want to see show.

HOW were the shows on board? Did you do any excursions like possibly snorkeling in St Kitts? if so who did you use? I never book excursions with the ship as their prices are off the charts...I always do my own excursions ( i am a former travel agent who sold the hell out of Celebrity and am upset at all the negativity that I have been reading on this, their newest ship).

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Andy

BY the way, ARE jackets still worn in the select dining room by men? My hubs doesn't want to bring a jacket if no one is wearing one. I always like to do fancy casual and still do a fancier outfit for formal nite...but definitely do NOT pack a tux and fancy cocktail dress anymore..Everyone seems to be more laid back now. SO plz fill me in..

Thx

We were on her the week of 12/3 and had a 1A on deck 9 hump with the bigger balcony. The cabin was the best we have had. I loved the ship so much we booked Dec 8 2017 for 10 days Southern in Aqua this time. I had the same experience as you in the MDR and select dinning. We noticed the same as you about filling the table first before taking our orders. The big difference we had is we ate only twice for dinner and had the same table and staff and they were terrible. We did Spec. dinning 4 nights and we loved every room we ate in.I agree with you about the other items like the pool and the service on the ship ! We miss it already ! Bob

We are on the Reflection Jan 7-14 ,2017 and wondered about the drink pkg which we opted to get. We were on NCL Escape and had a drink pkg in MAY and I have to say NCL watered down their booze immensely. I had 3 mudslides at the pool in an hour and 1/2 and I DON"T DRINK...I was stone cold sober.. with all that supposed alcohol, I should have felt something.

Was wondering if CELEBRITY was also doing the same thing with their booze pkg.

If that is the case and it's so hard to get waited on , I guess I am going to exist on cappucinos for the entire 7 days..

Also heard food was getting sub par...We have tried ALL the specialty dining on the Reflection since this will be our 4th cruise on this ship. We are going back to the Tuscan Grill as their veal chop is AMAZING..I was wondering if service and food quality was still good on the Tuscan Grill.

We always get select dining for 2 by a window and NEVER had a problem with a waiter taking an order and like you said about quantity, just order 2 of something..But the idea of 2 1/2 hr to dine is a little nuts esp if you want to see show.

HOW were the shows on board? Did you do any excursions like possibly snorkeling in St Kitts? if so who did you use? I never book excursions with the ship as their prices are off the charts...I always do my own excursions ( i am a former travel agent who sold the hell out of Celebrity and am upset at all the negativity that I have been reading on this, their newest ship).

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Andy

BY the way, ARE jackets still worn in the select dining room by men? My hubs doesn't want to bring a jacket if no one is wearing one. I always like to do fancy casual and still do a fancier outfit for formal nite...but definitely do NOT pack a tux and fancy cocktail dress anymore..Everyone seems to be more laid back now. SO plz fill me in..

Thx

I didnt notice the booze being watered down. I however am not an expert on Booze. I drank a martini or two before dinner and had a little buzz so in my case booze was as it should be. Like I said for us the MDR Food was good and tasty and hot. Food is subjective. it might be sub par for others. I am getting ready to post about the shows. for the most part pretty good. I saw jackets and even ties and a tux or two on Chic nights. everyone look good. I did not see The stuff I have been reading about on Cruise Critic.

I didnt notice the booze being watered down. I however am not an expert on Booze. I drank a martini or two before dinner and had a little buzz so in my case booze was as it should be. Like I said for us the MDR Food was good and tasty and hot. Food is subjective. it might be sub par for others. I am getting ready to post about the shows. for the most part pretty good. I saw jackets and even ties and a tux or two on Chic nights. everyone look good. I did not see The stuff I have been reading about on Cruise Critic.

Thank you for your review. I look forward to any more you might post. I am happy to hear that you have not encountered most of the problems discussed on CC. I too find this a place where good information is exchanged but also a place with a lot of whining and complaining about relatively insignificant things (and things I suspect most posters don't complain about when their name is attached to the complaint). That's not to say all complaints are invalid, but certainly not the near hysteria expressed here.

We were on this cruise.Great review.We totally agree with you about the bar staff especially those in the martini bar, service was slow and they played avoid the customer....The martini bar staff used to be really fun,now the could not care less.

We were in Luminae. The deserts were way to foo foo for me. Pickled cucumber with desert..really. Staff in Luminae were very good but felt they were rushing all the time.

Overall an excellent cruise, much better than our last Reflection cruise....

Before I continue on with my review. I might not have been Clear on the dinner in the MDR situation. We got a table for two. However we sat and waited for our order to be taken until the entire section our waiter had was full. Then he would bring all the appetizers out. Then the Dinners. Just like They do with Fixed dinning. Except it would take forever because if the section didn't fill up right away. or people slowly trickled in then had to read the menu and decide what they wanted it was Agonizingly slow. Like I said this is a Management problem. If you are going to have Select dining the run it like a Restaurant not like you do with the set dining time. Is that more clear?

Shows: Once again shows are subjective just like Food. I have seen shows on Broadway and I have seen shows in Vegas. You like what you like. Just because I don't like it. doesn't mean you wont.

First night a comedian. well I cant even remember his name. now that's how memorable he was. He had a pretty good resume TV and other things. He was just so so. The Second night was ELYSIUM. They ran a video as you were waiting for the show to start. That said this was a story of a princess growing through 4 seasons to become the queen of her realm or whatever. Thank god for this video Or I would have had no clue what the heck it was. It was singing and dancing I guess you would call it interpretive dancing. I lasted 20 minutes and we quietly walked out. Now this just wasn't my thing. Did I want to stop on my way out of the Theater and fire up my tablet to tell Cruise Critic that Celebrity shows suck and we are moving to another line because of it? nope. just had another drink and enjoyed the night. I heard other people talking about this show.. I heard wonderful and beautiful, from them talking about it. So once again different dances for different folks.

The third night was a show called Rock on or something like that. It was a young guy who looked just like a young Elvis. He did all kinds of Elvis and Jerry lee Lewis and did the piano playing with is feet and things like Jerry lee Lewis did. He did Chick Berry and other music from that Genre. I enjoyed it immensely and so did the wife. The 4th night was another Comedian. His name was Darryl Joyce. Now this guy was FREAKING FUNNY!! I cant remember ever laughing as hard as I did at this guy. He also had two late night shows in the smaller theater. 5th night was a show called Broken Strings I forget why we didnt go but we didnt. The conversation I heard at the Martini bar the next night went like this. Passenger A did you see the show last night? Passenger B Yes we did. Passenger A what did you think? Passenger B. I am not sure. I heard music, I saw dancing and some kind of story. I was confused the whole time. I am not exactly what was going on. so that is all I have on that one. maybe someone reading this knows more. 6th night was A Broadway Review. Well I know this is not my thing so we didn't go. I am not sure there was a show on the last night.

Ports of Call: We have been to these islands on previous trips and on Land vacations. So the islands werent a big draw for us. In Cozumel we did tour that is not available on Celebrity. It is called the Bar hop it goes to the uninhibited side of the island. it was OK.

Grand Cayman. We never got off. Tendering might have been ok when the Ships only had 1000 or less people on them. but with these mega ships coming in with 3000 plus passengers. It is a horrible way to visit. We were three hours in and they were still calling certain tender numbers before the general population could get off. They need to add a dock or skip this island. or only visit with a smaller cruise ship. Fail!

Now some observations. First one is my fault. We like Celebrity because it caters to adults. USUALLY!! Well This sailing was full of families with young kids. I heard one roumer over 400 kids. True I don't know. I thought for some reason when I booked. The kids had one more week of school. So I fail on that one. I will be more aware next time.

Falmouth Jamaica. I know why this ship visits here. but what a toilet. This is a scary dirty place. that is a long way from any of the tourist sites on the island. We made it one block outside the Gate of the cruise dock. and turned around and ran right back to the ship. To let you know I live in the most dangerous city in America and that is paradise compared to this port of call. Fail!

Labadee Haiti Nice Island very relaxing. Shame on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity because they are the same company, for charging what they do on this Island. 95.00 for the zip line? 30 for the dragon coaster? seriously? We arrived and walked to Nellies beach. Saw where I wanted to sit. I grabbed a couple chairs which were less then 10 feet away and was told I couldn't do that. The employee told me he would do it. I said I'm not disabled I'm capable. Its only less then 10 feet. well he did it then stood there with his hand out. Move along pal. I told you was capable. Now you all can say I;m an ass for being that way. this is how this poor soul makes his living what ever. Maybe so. I just felt it wasn't necessary for less then 10 foot. Fail!

We took this cruise for the cruising experience. The food the ship the drinks. so the islands weren't a big draw. We had an awesome time even though the islands were a fail. we enjoy being on the pool deck when everyone else is gone. its quiet very little people around. short lines at the bar. and short lines at the Mast grill for the awesome burgers.

Some final Observations:

I own an RV and everyday I shake my head and Say this is what happens when a Person who has never RV 'd designs an RV. I feel this same thing when I am on the Silhouette and the Reflection. Lets start up top. OK The lawn is nice it is.. BUT it is space that can be utilized for a pool or something. It is a lot of wasted space. I always say as I'm crammed like a sardine around the pool. Man why isn't there a pool up there. The pool Deck why is the pool divided? what is the purpose of that bridge? it makes a small pool even smaller. I don't get it, design Fail! While on the pool subject this one is really going to stir things up. Now most people on this cruise were around my age or younger. Most came from colder northern parts of the us. While we were all crammed around the pool trying to soak up as much sun as possible The solarium pool was half empty. Now I am sure on an Alaska cruise or some of the European cruises where the weather is a little chilly or even cool. That inside pool is probably a good thing. Now come winter people do not pay all that money to go on a Caribbean cruise to be inside. So, they couldn't design this ship with a retractable roof so on Caribbean cruises it could be utilized more? I can see the Zenith plus plus passengers getting mad now. So for not thinking that design thru. Fail! Now Celebrity tries to make deck 3 The foyer area an entertainment area at night. the problem is they got seating for 50. Really?? Move guest relations to another area. Plus Shore excursions. now open the entire area up. Put some seating like a real bar or lounge and lets have a good time. I just don't like standing while trying to listen to a band and having a drink. Fail! Really Celebrity you haven't been able to figure this out? ok Deck 4 and 5 I know money is involved and I am sure celebrity gets a pretty good rent check from the vendors on these two levels. All they do is jam up the walk ways. no one is in the stores so they move their goods in your way so people cant flow through the aisle ways. Fail! Come on Celebrity. Those spaces can be utilized in a ton of other venues that cruisers Actually would enjoy. FAIL! We actually try to avoid those areas just avoid that traffic jam. Unfortunately leaving the show it can't be avoided.

one more thing this just might be me. What is the purpose for the lid on the toilet paper roll? that thing caused me more grief than any other thing on the ship. The tail of the paper would be up behind this lid and then I would have to try and spin and spin to try and find the tail. When I finally found the tail I would lift up thinking the lid might also act as a cutter nope. It would just lift up and the paper would shoot out. Fail on the LID.. hahaha.

Final note. The cruise was awesome. We will go again with Celebrity. I think so does my wife, that They are doing a perfect job to draw customers our age. People were having a great time. There was always a crowd and Dancing in the foyer even though its a poor design and you can't sit.

Great review!

We were on the same sailing and your experience was exactly the same as ours.

Martini bar staff a fail...we have done some 20 Celebrity cruises, and in all our past experience these bar guys had personality and were on the ball...not the case on the Reflection. They were were adept at playing "ignore the customer".

But apart from this small issue, this was absolutely one of our best experiences on Celebrity. I felt the entertainment, music choice and loudness level, food had all improved. Staff were most helpful. Service excellent. Ship in ship-shape sparkling condition.

Will be posting a full review this week.

Great review!

We were on the same sailing and your experience was exactly the same as ours.

Martini bar staff a fail...we have done some 20 Celebrity cruises, and in all our past experience these bar guys had personality and were on the ball...not the case on the Reflection. They were were adept at playing "ignore the customer".

But apart from this small issue, this was absolutely one of our best experiences on Celebrity. I felt the entertainment, music choice and loudness level, food had all improved. Staff were most helpful. Service excellent. Ship in ship-shape sparkling condition.

Will be posting a full review this week.

Glad you had a good time also.

Before I continue on with my review. I might not have been Clear on the dinner in the MDR situation. We got a table for two. However we sat and waited for our order to be taken until the entire section our waiter had was full. Then he would bring all the appetizers out. Then the Dinners. Just like They do with Fixed dinning. Except it would take forever because if the section didn't fill up right away. or people slowly trickled in then had to read the menu and decide what they wanted it was Agonizingly slow. Like I said this is a Management problem. If you are going to have Select dining the run it like a Restaurant not like you do with the set dining time. Is that more clear?

Yes, it does. I agree with you on this point. I would have hoped if you mentioned it on the next night it would have been corrected. From my experience this is not the standard practice for the two tops in Select Dining.

We were also with you on this trip. Had a great time and have to agree with some of your points. Wife had trouble getting her drinks right in the MDR select dining on 2/3 nights we had dinner there. They seemed confused and once just lied and said they were out of Evian water. When asked again, as if by magic, it was located. We did four nights of Spec dining, all were different, all were great. Did Tus twice, Mur, and Lawn Gr. They said I had to do Qsuine for the four night plan but after some discussing they caved and gave me Tus twice. I enjoy a good cigar so most of my time was at the Sunset Bar and I will say that staff was wonderful. Tipped well the first day and never waited the next 6. We want to try RC and one of the large ships but just really love Celebrity and the service and food and the beautiful ships. The Reflection was a gorgeous ship. Thanks for the review.

Edited by tysver

We were also with you on this trip. Had a great time and have to agree with some of your points. Wife had trouble getting her drinks right in the MDR select dining on 2/3 nights we had dinner there. They seemed confused and once just lied and said they were out of Evian water. When asked again, as if by magic, it was located. We did four nights of Spec dining, all were different, all were great. Did Tus twice, Mur, and Lawn Gr. They said I had to do Qsuine for the four night plan but after some discussing they caved and gave me Tus twice. I enjoy a good cigar so most of my time was at the Sunset Bar and I will say that staff was wonderful. Tipped well the first day and never waited the next 6. We want to try RC and one of the large ships but just really love Celebrity and the service and food and the beautiful ships. The Reflection was a gorgeous ship. Thanks for the review.

Now that you mention it I will add. My wife twice on different nights ordered a drink in the MDR and it never arrived. I ordered wine every night and usually I wouldn't get it until well into the main course and was never asked if I wanted a refill. I didn't want to turn my review into a celebrity bashing thread. Other than bar service we had a great cruise.

I was on the Reflection over Thanksgiving. I agree with almost all of the comments you had. I especially agree on the Lawn, perhaps for a different reason. I think it simply takes up too much space. It is quite wide-- to the point where the two walkways on the sides are almost impassible should an abundant person or a waiter with a tray be coming in the opposite direction. And it is a long haul back to the Sunset Bar and the bathrooms!

It took me an amazingly long time to get a drink, too. My teenage son found it almost impossible.

Can you order 2 drinks/glasses of wine at the same time? That way, if the server is slow to come back for a refill, I'll already have one.

You can only order one drink at a time per card. So you take your card and the person's card who is in the same cabin. you can order 2 drinks. So you have 2 drinks that way. As long as the other person doesn't want a drink.. 😁