Still Waiting To Board Dec 26th Breeze - 3:38 pm

5 in OK

Due to heavy fog this morning the Breeze didn't dock until 1:00. They bumped us to 5:00 - 8:00 boarding times. We had to be out of the hotel at noon so we headed on over via shuttle, dropped our bags and headed to the Strand for lunch. Carnival sent a text that a $15 on board credit would be added to everyone's room - I thought that was kind - especially since the fog was not their fault (my adult children - thank Heavens we have not had to entertain toddlers this long - hats off to those super moms! - did the math while we are sitting here people watching - over $55,000 to give every passenger $15 - very generous! ).

It was very odd to arrive at the cruise terminal without the majestic ship glistening in the sun. ..

They are saying they might be ready to board us (really thankful for my Faster to the Fun about now as there are literally thousands of people everywhere just waiting) at 4:30.

Gotta love the fog in Galveston. Carnival is handling it extremely well in my opinion! And everyone seems to be remaining in good spirits.

We have been watching the cams and they are now loading luggage - hopefully they'll load us soon! 😊

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Taking my very first cruise on the breeze Jan 15, thanks for the heads up about the fog. I will be prepared just incase. That's why I love reading about everyone's adventures, you pick up so many tips, and really learn alot. I am so excited. I hope your trip is wonderful, and you get to board soon. Please write a review so I can read it and be ready for mine. BOVAGE

Due to heavy fog this morning the Breeze didn't dock until 1:00. They bumped us to 5:00 - 8:00 boarding times. We had to be out of the hotel at noon so we headed on over via shuttle, dropped our bags and headed to the Strand for lunch. Carnival sent a text that a $15 on board credit would be added to everyone's room - I thought that was kind - especially since the fog was not their fault (my adult children - thank Heavens we have not had to entertain toddlers this long - hats off to those super moms! - did the math while we are sitting here people watching - over $55,000 to give every passenger $15 - very generous! ).

It was very odd to arrive at the cruise terminal without the majestic ship glistening in the sun. ..

They are saying they might be ready to board us (really thankful for my Faster to the Fun about now as there are literally thousands of people everywhere just waiting) at 4:30.

Gotta love the fog in Galveston. Carnival is handling it extremely well in my opinion! And everyone seems to be remaining in good spirits.

We have been watching the cams and they are now loading luggage - hopefully they'll load us soon! 😊

A problem all too common for the now kaput Houston port. It's a pain but when you look back it's a little endearing. At least for us anyway. 😘

😊 Heavy fog has set in again. It's actually getting comical as many of the people who have been drinking a bit too much do not realize we are still in port....😂 We are fearful that if we dont get to push away tonight they will cancel our first port (Costa Maya)😞.

They are serving everyone dinner from the Lido Buffet and Guys, Blue Iguana, Trandoor ect.....we walked through the Saphire s few minutes ago and it was empty. No Muster Drill yet. We heard 8:00 for the Muster but nothing official. Everyone is making the best of it. Lots of Cowboy fans on this ship as the home port is Foggy Galveston! The Lido Deck is rocking. ...well we are docked but it the vibe is good! 😃

That is why we will never board out of Galveston in the winter months.

That is why we will never board out of Galveston in the winter months.

Yes - I believe we will avoid this time of year from now on. Everyone has been in good spirits and Carnival greeted everyone with all-you-could-drink free champagne at 5:00 when we began boarding......but it has been a stressful way to start the cruise. 🙄

Yes - I believe we will avoid this time of year from now on. Everyone has been in good spirits and Carnival greeted everyone with all-you-could-drink free champagne at 5:00 when we began boarding......but it has been a stressful way to start the cruise.

Hi there

I am sure it was a lot less stressful for those waiting to get on, than those hoping to catch a plane at the end of their cruise. :eek:

enjoy your week

oh no, sorry to hear! We're boarding the Breeze January 22nd and we have a nice, early embarkation slot reserved... hope we don't have the same problem.

Hate to tell ya but you reserved a check in time.. not an embarkation time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taking my very first cruise on the breeze Jan 15, thanks for the heads up about the fog. I will be prepared just incase. That's why I love reading about everyone's adventures, you pick up so many tips, and really learn alot. I am so excited. I hope your trip is wonderful, and you get to board soon. Please write a review so I can read it and be ready for mine. BOVAGE

Ah our neighbors to the North will be on their first cruise same as my wife and I. :cool:

You will probably be coming through our hometown on the way.

Have a safe trip and hope to see you there! :)

Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle yet?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=8

We have completed the Safety Drill. But we have not sailed yet. No announcement about when the ship will be leaving the dock. Would be really sad if we wake up and we are still in Galveston. Nothing much would surprise us at this point. It's been a crazy day. 😊 Football is back on the big screen on the Lido and partying has begun again. I'll post tomorrow with an update.

We have completed the Safety Drill. But we have not sailed yet. No announcement about when the ship will be leaving the dock. Would be really sad if we wake up and we are still in Galveston. Nothing much would surprise us at this point. It's been a crazy day. 😊 Football is back on the big screen on the Lido and partying has begun again. I'll post tomorrow with an update.

Let's just be grateful that you are all safe in the comforts of the ship. But hope you have a different view tomorrow. Thanks for the update.