another ES question

ABQrobin

Yeah I know....

booked and already paid in full for March cruise on Magic.

if we wanted to go sooner, like the same ship and itinerary for Feb, would we get a penalty still?

All I can find on the website is if you cancel and move to a later cruise ... nothing about making it sooner cruise.

Seems like they wouldn't penalize us but ...

thanks, i was afraid of that. My DH has meetings scheduled with travel so often we have to pick weeks in between to cruise, but now he has an opening for several weeks in Feb, thought we would move it up. Guess that will not really work.

You could always call and try.

Depending on who you get on the line, they will move the penalties as a courtesy. NOT always, but I have had this happen a couple of times. Trying never hurts.

This is always a possibility. However, it has become less likely now that many of the CSR are working from home. To waive the fee they must speak with a supervisor as it is not within their abilities. So if you choose to call and ask, do so during regular business hours. This will increase the number of supervisors and the likelihood of having an in house call.

Also remember if you are going to do this you want to do it before you hit the penalty period. With ES you are going to have the $50 pp fee but if you wait too long you will also incur cancelation penalties.

Have you priced out cruises yet? It might be that the February cruise cost less than your March cruise and the savings could offset the $50 pp fee.

This is always a possibility. However, it has become less likely now that many of the CSR are working from home. To waive the fee they must speak with a supervisor as it is not within their abilities. So if you choose to call and ask, do so during regular business hours. This will increase the number of supervisors and the likelihood of having an in house call.

Also remember if you are going to do this you want to do it before you hit the penalty period. With ES you are going to have the $50 pp fee but if you wait too long you will also incur cancelation penalties.

Have you priced out cruises yet? It might be that the February cruise cost less than your March cruise and the savings could offset the $50 pp fee.

I did price them and difference is Feb less than $100 for same floor balcony room. Online it says $500 penalty to cancel...so wouldn't be worth it for that reason alone.

Online it says $500 penalty to cancel...so wouldn't be worth it for that reason alone.

That means $50 per person penalty and the rest ($400) will go as a future cruise credit in the name of the card holder who paid the deposit.

So if your new cruise is $100 cheaper, it's not costing you anything to switch. But you need to come up with the new deposit as the future cruise credit cannot serve as deposit money. It can only be applied once the new cruise has a deposit in it. Good luck!

Do you have a PVP? As I read these responses I am reminded of one of the benefits I have enjoyed with mine. I almost always book way in advance using ES rates and have canceled and rebooked a different cruise 3 times now and have had the penalty waived each time. I have had to make additional deposits and knew the restrictions so never asked fee to be waived, it almost seemed automatic so long as I was rebooking at same time as canceling. Feeling very grateful for my PVP now.

Do you have a PVP? As I read these responses I am reminded of one of the benefits I have enjoyed with mine. I almost always book way in advance using ES rates and have canceled and rebooked a different cruise 3 times now and have had the penalty waived each time. I have had to make additional deposits and knew the restrictions so never asked fee to be waived, it almost seemed automatic so long as I was rebooking at same time as canceling. Feeling very grateful for my PVP now.

Now that you mention it I too have had to cancel and rebook in the same phone call and didn't have to come up with additional deposit. Reason # 456 to use a PVP.