RCL IT: Anything is Possible!

Didn't know it but we're on our way to Cuba!

Just received email pitching specialty dining, etc. Email also shows cruise details as follows:

BOOKING DETAILS

Sailing Date:

01/02/17 - 01/13/17

Destination: Cuba

Ship: Empress of the Seas®

I thought we were doing an 11N So. Caribbean on the Serenade.

Never, ever underestimate the wonders of RCL IT.

Just asked the same question on my roll call :). Right reservation number but wrong ship/itinerary, we are on the 12 night Jan 2 Anthem sailing.

Cuba is nice, but I was looking forward to Barbados and Martinique!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received one of these emails today. But I thought I booked a 7 night on the Oasis to the Western Caribbean! I'm so glad it's not just me. I have been checking my cruise all day to verify my itinerary. I hope they send another email apologizing for their error.:D

I'm an IT professional myself and as I like cruising with RCL I have entertained the idea of applying for a career with them.

However, each time I see one of these easily avoidable issues pop up, I can't fathom the amount of OT it would require to fix all of the problems.

On the plus side, I think there is plenty of job security as there is always something broken.

Edited by Rewind

I'm an IT professional myself and as I like cruising with RCL I have entertained the idea of applying for a career with them.

However, each time I see one of these easily avoidable issues pop up, I can't fathom the amount of OT it would require to fix all of the problems.

On the plus side, I think there is plenty of job security as there is always something broken.

Yes, you would think they would get a handle on their IT capabilities or lack thereof.

We're not talking Amazon, but RCCL does have a considerable ecommerce presence. And you have to believe they got their share of phone calls due to this misinformation.

You should also know, then, sometimes the problem is not the technology itself but the person using the technology. This one sounds like one of those times. Someone just generated the wrong distribution list.

Funny, but also scary! I was on a flight to Wichita KS once when the pilot came on to welcome us aboard a flight to Kansas City. Caused a bit of a stir.

I had that happen while taxiing and before the captain could finish at least 50 people rang their flight attendant button worried they were on the wrong flight.

I was an IT professional with more than 20 years in the same town as you, and I can tell you working with an IT group for a Fortune 50 company employing more than 100k people in 50 countries is a whole different ball of wax. Care to see the bruise in the center of my forehead.

I got an email from them Sunday reminding me to book excursions on our upcoming January 6th cruise. It had the correct dates and ship information but all of the excursions it listed were for 3 islands we are not going to!

Same here. My email today had the right ship but wrong ports. Their IT dept is pathetic.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

Well the IT department strikes again! Today I got an email talking about my adventures in 2016 and wanting me to plan 2017. It showed the last cruise we took as the one on Anthem in June. The ship, date and itinerary are correct, the only problem is that was not our last cruise! We've done 3 more since then! And as far as planning our cruises for 2017 goes, I've already reserved 3!