What Time Zone is CC on?

troykahack

What time zone is CC on? It used to be EDT but now is a hour ahead, like going to the ABC's.

Now, it is just some peoples posts or threads???

You set the time zone you want in UserCP, Options.

Yes.... I saw a post from John and it said 2:01 ..... but now it is correct????

Did the system think you had logged out? When I log out, the system loses access to my UserCP, so the time zone changes.

Did the system think you had logged out? When I log out, the system loses access to my UserCP, so the time zone changes.

That could be it Bob.... I had to log in to post the above thread, and all times are now correct. I will see what it does after I am logged out. Does yours jump and hour ahead on the posts when logged out??

I wonder if CC uses 4:00 GMT?

Edited by troykahack

That could be it Bob.... I had to log in to post the above thread, and all times are now correct. I will see what it does after I am logged out. Does yours jump and hour ahead on the posts when logged out??

I wonder if CC uses 4:00 GMT?

Mine jumps two hours, because I'm on GMT-6 (US Central). So it looks like the default zone when not logged in is GMT-4.

Thanks Bob, that explains why when I was looking at CC from my phone the other day (not logged in) that the posts were 6 or 7 hours ahead of what time it actually was.

Edit. Just checked my phone without logging in and it's an hour ahead.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks Bob, that explains why when I was looking at CC from my phone the other day (not logged in) that the posts were 6 or 7 hours ahead of what time it actually was.

Funny that mine is two hours ahead when I'm logged out and yours is 6-7 hours ahead when you are logged out. Could it be that CC uses the same IT company as RC?

Funny that mine is two hours ahead when I'm logged out and yours is 6-7 hours ahead when you are logged out. Could it be that CC uses the same IT company as RC?

I edited my post and now I'm only ahead an hour now. Last week instead of it being 6 or 7 it may only have been 5 hours which "might" make sense as we are GMT -5.

Maybe the default was set to GMT for a period of time.

At least you nailed it for us Bob. I logged out and back in, and the times changed to GMT-4 for me in GMT-5.

You should start your own site, called Ask Bob.

Confirmed Bob.... when logged off time is GMT-4, when logged on from EDT (GMT-5) it is correct for my time zone.

Just Ask Bob