BOGO Specialty Dining Package and Main Dining Room?

Hello fellow cruisers! :)

I have two somewhat silly questions and I'm hoping some experts can chime in with advice.

For the first time, DH and I have booked a BOGO Specialty Dining Package for the first 2 nights of our 8-night Freedom of the Seas cruise. Now normally, we would make it a point to eat in the MDR on the first night to ensure our table request (table for 2) was executed correctly and meet the MDR staff. Since the BOGO package only works with the first two nights of the cruise, we won't see them until night 3 of the cruise.

My questions are:

1) Is it rude to no-show two nights back to back and then suddenly appear on night 3?

2) Will we lose our table for 2 if we aren't there the first two nights?

I know this might seem neurotic, and I'm definitely overthinking things. My gut is telling me it wouldn't hurt to pop in and let them know we won't be there the first 2 nights, so they can open the now vacant table up to My-Time Diners for those 2 nights. What are your thoughts?

Thank you and happy cruising! :D

I know this might seem neurotic, and I'm definitely overthinking things. My gut is telling me it wouldn't hurt to pop in and let them know we won't be there the first 2 nights, so they can open the now vacant table up to My-Time Diners for those 2 nights. What are your thoughts?

Thank you and happy cruising! :D

If you are either in early or late dining, if you're given a 2 top, your table is yours for the balance of the cruise. If you're dining during MTD, then even if you've requested a 2 top, it's not going to be decided or executed until you arrive at the podium to be seated. No table is really "reserved" unless we're talking about larger groups that have reserved a specific time and the MDR set up a table to accommodate them.

If you have early or late seating, it is polite to let them know you won't be there for the first 2 nights. Just so the wait staff doesn't plan for you to be there. If on MTD, nothing needs to be done, unless you've made reservations and want to cancel them.

If you are either in early or late dining, if you're given a 2 top, your table is yours for the balance of the cruise. If you're dining during MTD, then even if you've requested a 2 top, it's not going to be decided or executed until you arrive at the podium to be seated. No table is really "reserved" unless we're talking about larger groups that have reserved a specific time and the MDR set up a table to accommodate them.

If you have early or late seating, it is polite to let them know you won't be there for the first 2 nights. Just so the wait staff doesn't plan for you to be there. If on MTD, nothing needs to be done, unless you've made reservations and want to cancel them.

Thank you, njmomof2! We do have the late dining, so I'll plan on doing what you suggested.

Appreciate everyone's feedback!