Booking while onboard

acmommy16

We have booked on board for future cruises several times.

OBC is what you get, plus a certificate that is good for 2 weeks to bring friends with you on the same cruise with OBC as well. Used the certificate once, worked fine.

I always let my PVP know ahead of time, that I plan to book on board for OBC, and he just takes over the booking for me once I get back and call him. If I have to change anything ( assuming the booking allows changes) he handles it for me.

The line can be quite long, as most people do not know exactly what they want for their next cruise. I suggest being there right when they open if you dont want to wait.

As others have said, you'll get OBC for yourself and two vouchers for friends and family who book the same cruise within 60 days of the booking.

Knowing the future cruise you want makes the process easier. If there is any uncertainty, do not book the usually cheaper Early Saver rate due to the fees and restrictions associated with changes.

The only downside is possibly waiting behind someone who doesn't know what they might want, when they would like to travel or to where. That's the hard part. I once waited behind a woman for 30 minutes who still walked away without making a booking and "I'll be back with my husband so we go over all theset options again!". The consultant and I just looked at each other and smiled. She gave me a free bottle of champagne for waiting and taking less than 10 minutes of her time with my booking. My advice... get there before the published start time so you can be over and done quickly.

I have booked more than a handful on board and never had any more hoops to jump through when changes were needed than when booking on land.

It's not much but, for as little as 10 minutes time, it's something.

Edited by StolidCruiser

As long as you do not book under a early saver rate you can change the cruise to a different one 1 time with no fee's or charges.

For example last time I booked onboard I booked a 3 day cruise 2 years out and paid the lowest possible deposit ($100 pp I think). When I got home I called a couple of weeks later and changed it to a 6 day cruise about a year out. By doing that I got the OBC for a 6 day instead of the 3 day OBC.

Just remember you can only do this once with no fee's. After that you will be charged.

Also if you are a gambler and get free or discounted cruise offers sometimes then I would not recommend booking onboard since they say they do not offer those to people with cruises booked already.

They changed the future cruise booking process several months ago.

Now, you only get a $50 OBC and no Friends and Family Certificates.

I don't know if you are required to book under the ES fare, but if you don't ask that is what you'll be booked under along with the penalties for making changes.

The OBC is okay, but I certainly wouldn't stand in line waiting to book.

I don't know if you are required to book under the ES fare, but if you don't ask that is what you'll be booked under along with the penalties for making changes.

We booked on board last September, got $100 OBC for our 7 day future cruise and we booked past guest. We also got the 2 friends and family vouchers, which were valid for 60 days and I booked my parents and son to join us in two additional cabins. Due to other promos running when I booked their cabins (a few weeks after returning home), they each had additional OBC which combined with their $100 each from the friends and family voucher.

I cruised in October, booked on board, got the appropriate OBC and the two Friends & Family certificates. The change you describe must have happened more recently. If so, this diminishes the benefit. We'll test out your claim in a couple months.

Well that's the pits. What ship were you on?

Seems like it was $50 for 3-5 days, $100 for 6-9 maybe, and $200 for 14 day +. I am not really sure but you can search this board to figure out.

If they haven't changed this option as p posted below, the OBC is only $75 for 6-day.

The only ship I've heard of that did this was the Vista. Was this the ship you were on?

When I was on the Splendor in November, it was the same as it has always been - $100 and $250 OBC for the cruises I booked and two F&F certificates for each.

I know this has been talked about in the past, but does anyone know anything about booking another cruise while onboard?

We know the exact cruise we want, but what is the benefit to booking onboard? Do you still get OBC?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Yes you do $100 for a 7 day cruise.

I was on the Vista in October.

At that time, 5 days $50, 6 days $75, 7 days $100, 12 days - $200. There has not been a $250 rate in the several years I've been booking. That is a shareholders rate for 14+ days.

I don't waste my time waiting in line. I always have a couple random- way off bookings under the past guest rates. I have NOT been limited to "one change" like stated above.

All you have to do, is keep your original booking number and the OBC stays with it. I also never have it go to any "agent", always a direct book. I don't want to fool around with any middle man.