Brindisi to Alberobello

GOLDENBONNY

I need advise please. We are going to stop in Brindis and my original plan was to walk around but now I saw excursion to Alberobello and this city look very interesting but comes with $165 bill for 3 of us. Is it really that interesting or we just should stay in Brindisi . :confused::confused:

I have had a land holiday in Alberobello and yes, it is very pretty. It has a lot of the trulli conical houses which are unique to Puglia. It is a nice town and has a local market certain days of the week.

I think the price you are quoting is very high. It may be better to hire a car and see some of the other lovely towns and the coastal region.

I don't think that $55 per person is all that high, you certainly can't come close to that price for a private car service (it's 50 miles each way).

Unfortunately, the public transit options will take too long for a port day as they require a couple of buses, or a couple of different trains (2 - 3 hours each way to travel 50 miles).

Now, whether or not it's worth it at all is up to you. I personally didn't find Brindisi all that interesting but maybe that's me.

Another option that you can easily reach by train from Brindisi is Ostuni (only 20 minutes away).

Lecce is another excellent option only a half hour away by train.

Alberobello is unlike any other place you have ever seen. Do a google search for Alberobello Italy and you will turn up lots of pics.

We had the chance of seeing Alberobello under a light dusting of snow and the town looked like a giant field of ice cream cones.

It is unique and far more interesting than Brindisi. And that is not a bad price for an excursion.

I don't think that $55 per person is all that high, you certainly can't come close to that price for a private car service (it's 50 miles each way).

Unfortunately, the public transit options will take too long for a port day as they require a couple of buses, or a couple of different trains (2 - 3 hours each way to travel 50 miles).

Now, whether or not it's worth it at all is up to you. I personally didn't find Brindisi all that interesting but maybe that's me.

Another option that you can easily reach by train from Brindisi is Ostuni (only 20 minutes away).

Lecce is another excellent option only a half hour away by train.

Would you recommend Ostuni over Alberobello ?

I should have mentioned that the train station in Lecce is right in town, an easy (less than a mile) walk to the historical center.

The train station in Ostuni is two miles from the town, down in the valley while the town is up on a hill, so a bus or taxi will be required from the train station to town.

I should have mentioned that the train station in Lecce is right in town, an easy (less than a mile) walk to the historical center.

The train station in Ostuni is two miles from the town, down in the valley while the town is up on a hill, so a bus or taxi will be required from the train station to town.

Thank you.