Cove balcony on the Dream

no1volman

I've been reading a lot of positive things about cove balconies. It seems the most common thing is to avoid is staying under the galley. But looking at the deck plans for the Dream, it seems every room is under some sort of public area. Either the galley, dining room, lounge, or dance floor. So how much noise can be heard from these other areas on the Dream?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been reading a lot of positive things about cove balconies. It seems the most common thing is to avoid is staying under the galley. But looking at the deck plans for the Dream, it seems every room is under some sort of public area. Either the galley, dining room, lounge, or dance floor. So how much noise can be heard from these other areas on the Dream?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a cove balcony on the conquest. We chose one that was under the last life boat and just to the right was the walkway onto the ship. It was great. We got some sun and some shade. We did not have any problems with noise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I befriended a woman on our last Breeze cruise who was booked in a cove slightly forward of the mid-ship elevators. It was under the rear portion of the mid-ship MDR. She said it was extremely quiet.

Based on her recommendation I have booked one in the same area for our next cruise.

I second this opinion. Went on the Dream in Feb. and everyone said to stay forward of the midship elevators. We were under one of the private rooms off the dining room and never heard a peep from upstairs.

we had cabin 2414 on the dream a few years ago.. wasn't very noisy until around 3 am then it sounding like they were bowling with metal balls and pins until well into the morning. I knew it was under the galley when I booked it but wanted a balcony so bad! we laughed about it and made the best of it!

We had a cove balcony on the conquest. We chose one that was under the last life boat and just to the right was the walkway onto the ship. It was great. We got some sun and some shade. We did not have any problems with noise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I don't believe the Conquest has Cove balcony rooms.

We'd heard the same so we booked 2273 on Dream which is under guest services and the first cove on the starboard side. I loved being on the water but we had a bit of a stormy cruise and the spray made the balcony unusable a good part of the time. The problem was cloudy days which made any drying out a challenge. It also rained a fair bit and all the rain drained from other balconies in to our balcony and we were literally in ankle deep water one day. I'd book a cove again just not the first 10 or so, I'd rather be able to use it and put up with a little noise from public areas.

We booked the last Cove balcony for our Feb. 19 cruise. Cabin 2264. Think it is under the galley. At least I know what to prepare for.

We were just in 2264 on Magic. It was under the lobby. No noise issues except the roar of the waves thru the hull when seas were rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...