Caribbean Princess Interior Cabin with 4 adults?!?

day440

Getting two rooms is really too much money, as we currently get a discounted rate for the third and fourth person. If we get two separate rooms, we will each be charged the non-discounted rate. I looked into a balcony room but it says a roll away bed will be permanently added to the room. That doesn't sound much better than the four built in beds in the interior cabin. The mini-suites are quite pricey, so that's out. I'll keep a look out on prices but I'm afraid to wait too long.

Thanks for all of the input! I really appreciate it!

For me, and because of cost the difference between an inside and a larger cabin may well be go.....or don't go. I'd rather go, so I would make it work. But, that's just me. The real question is whether or not you think you would be OK in such tight quarters. You are really the only one who can answer that question. In my case I usually travel with my 2 sisters. In our youth we spent several years in a 34 foot trailer with our parents and younger brother. 6 of us and the dog and the bird. And goldfish. An inside cabin is luxurious by comparision!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

As long as you are in the room together to sleep you will be ok. The mornings might be a bit hectic but as long as you come to an agreement on getting ready in the morning you'll be ok. Maybe have two people shower in the morning and two in the evening. I don't think you'd ask about this situation for yourself unless you were really considering it.

The Pullman beds were honestly quite comfortable to me on our last cruise. And you'll probably only be in the room all at once overnight and in the morning. During the day it will be a non issue. Look at it this way, go on a cramped cruise or go on no cruise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to do it. I might feel differently if I had two girls, as girls tend to need more bathroom time. We tend to be pretty laid back and are able to laugh at crazy situations, so I don't think it's a problem. Both boys and hubby are up for it, so we're going into it with an upbeat attitude. Like an earlier poster said, it's a week, it's not like we're going to be living that way for life. :) Thanks again for everyone's input! Can't wait to be on that ship!!

We're going to do it. I might feel differently if I had two girls, as girls tend to need more bathroom time. We tend to be pretty laid back and are able to laugh at crazy situations, so I don't think it's a problem. Both boys and hubby are up for it, so we're going into it with an upbeat attitude. Like an earlier poster said, it's a week, it's not like we're going to be living that way for life. :) Thanks again for everyone's input! Can't wait to be on that ship!!

You seem to have the perfect attitude for this arrangement! Please, come back and let us know how it worked for you...

Finally booked the cruise! I thought I had lost my opportunity for the deal but found it under a different site. We are in P243. Got some onboard credits using my Mastercard, so that helps. lol. Cannot wait!! I know we are on a busy deck but hopefully it will be convenient.

Thanks again everyone for your input!

day440: I've stayed in that general area a couple of times on other ships. Super convenient. Walk through the art gallery and you are in the Piazza. Go up one flight of those stairs which are practically at your front door and you will be on the deck with Guest Services, Shore Excursions, Crown Grill and the lower level of the Princess Theater. Up 2 flights and you are on the Promenade deck. I loved the location. Have an awesome cruise!

Finally booked the cruise! I thought I had lost my opportunity for the deal but found it under a different site. We are in P243. Got some onboard credits using my Mastercard, so that helps. lol. Cannot wait!! I know we are on a busy deck but hopefully it will be convenient.

Thanks again everyone for your input!

Convenient location, and convenient to have the guys take the elevator up to the Lotus Spa area and take their showers, etc., in the men's locker room. They won't mind - the showers are roomier, there are always fresh towels and there is room to move around. All they each have to do is take their little kit along. Heck, there are lockers in there too, they could practically leave their kits in a locker...... that leaves you the bathroom to yourself. Honestly, this will help out tremendously.

And on the way back, they can make a brief detour to the International Café to bring Mom the beverage of her choice and brighten her morning and late afternoon/early evening.

Bon Voyage

Edited by ggprincess2004

We watched a video of the spa and I was surprised at how roomy they looked! I don't think the boys will mind using them at all. I like the idea of them stopping and getting Mom a treat!! Thank you for the information!

My parents and I have shared an interior lots of times, all of them since I reached adulthood. We are a close family and usually stay together most of the time, so we're frequently all in the room at the same time. We never even felt really crowded. And that's with two women having toiletries plus Dad's sleep machine, laptop, etc lying around. The key is definitely organization and staying neat. If you keep the clutter down, it will feel less crowded.

Since you'll have two teenage boys, you might prefer to have the steward leave the bunks down during the day so that everyone will have a spot to be in when all four are in the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

It's good to hear that others have done this without an issue. We are a close family, so I don't think it will be a problem. Plus, we are going into it with a good attitude. I like the idea of keeping the beds down for everyone to have a spot.

It's good to hear that others have done this without an issue. We are a close family, so I don't think it will be a problem. Plus, we are going into it with a good attitude. I like the idea of keeping the beds down for everyone to have a spot.

Good luck.

Yes as others have said, the Spa is ideal, (and sometimes better shampoo/conditioner there too).

We have had 4 in an inside cabin (but our two were younger at 9yrs and 16yrs), and found a good way to maximise space was to keep each person's suitcase under the lower bunks, hanging only formal wear and creaseable items on the rail. There are also shelves in the cupboard where the safe is, which will hold large stacks of t-shirts. We didn't find it too bad as only in there to sleep.

Caribbean Princess is a super ship -Have a great time!

Sorry for the second question. We have never stayed in an interior cabin with four people. It will be be me, my husband and my two sons, who are in their 20's and both around 6'. Has anyone else sailed with four adults in an interior cabin? We don't spend much time in our cabins when we sail but that is a lot of bodies (and tall ones) in one room. :eek:

I've sailed with thee (doing it again next Month) Me, the beautiful Mrs Gut and our adult daughter, in a balcony, no way I'd do four.

diese17311,

It's done deal. We're going and we're excited about it. Thanks again to everyone for the input. We're a pretty fun-loving, upbeat, positive family, so I think we can get through it with no problems. We've found ourselves some pretty sticky and uncomfortable situations in the past and were able to make the best of it. They are now some of our favorite stories to tell. Since we can't afford a larger stateroom, an inside is our only option. I'd rather be cramped on a cruise than at sitting home because we couldn't afford a larger room. :)

diese17311,

It's done deal. We're going and we're excited about it. Thanks again to everyone for the input. We're a pretty fun-loving, upbeat, positive family, so I think we can get through it with no problems. We've found ourselves some pretty sticky and uncomfortable situations in the past and were able to make the best of it. They are now some of our favorite stories to tell. Since we can't afford a larger stateroom, an inside is our only option. I'd rather be cramped on a cruise than at sitting home because we couldn't afford a larger room. :)

I could not think of a more positive outlook on this situation! You are right, you will have an amazing time!