Cabin placement

deec

We are looking at two different cabins on Deck 4...both unfortunately are across from the elevators........one is more foreward........the aft one is OVER the atrium.......do you think there would be a noise factor from the atrium?

We are looking at two different cabins on Deck 4...both unfortunately are across from the elevators........one is more foreward........the aft one is OVER the atrium.......do you think there would be a noise factor from the atrium?

Yesterday morning, they were running a vacuum cleaner out in the hall and i didn't here it until i opened our cabin door. Most of the floor of your cabin is over the tenders. The white noise of the ship's plant blocks a lot of noise plus the ship is well padded and you just don't hear a lot of noise from other spaces.

Yesterday morning, they were running a vacuum cleaner out in the hall and i didn't here it until i opened our cabin door... The white noise of the ship's plant blocks a lot of noise plus the ship is well padded and you just don't hear a lot of noise from other spaces.

Your observations regarding the ship overall are very much appreciated. We're on a "guarantee" so won't know our actual cabin until who knows when, but it's gratifying to know that it will be relatively peaceful regardless.

Your observations regarding the ship overall are very much appreciated. We're on a "guarantee" so won't know our actual cabin until who knows when, but it's gratifying to know that it will be relatively peaceful regardless.

Except i have heard over Torshaven (3004) Loud till all hours.

Quick, friends, you have just a week if there is anything you want me to check out.

OP, give me cabin numbers and i will see what i can find out.

Hi Peregrina! Enjoy Barcelona. We have spent quite a bit of time there over a few visits and we truly enjoy the city and surroundings. So much to do and such kind people.

Anyway...if you have a chance, would appreciate your impression of cabin 4088....I am thinking it looks pretty good but it's always nice to have feedback.

Thanks for your kind offer!

You're in luck. I pass it on the way to mine.

Far enough from the stairway that you don't hear people in the stairwell.

Two down to MDR and three up to World Cafe.

In the morning, i just have to check one more thing. But for now i dont see any reason why not.

Except i have heard over Torshaven (3004) Loud till all hours.

OP, give me cabin numbers and i will see what i can find out.

Don't yet have a cabin assignment; my guess is that we most likely will be somewhere mid-ship on deck 3. The on-line diagrams have Torshaven adjacent to the atrium, while 3004 is up near the bow. Are you sure of the cabin number; might it be 3040???

I presume the deck 3 cabins aft of the atrium are OK? how do you rate 3051?

on the SKY's Barcelona to Stockholm.......only v available was 3003......hope the theatre is not an issue..

we have just booked the WC and that is 4007 unless a V becomes available...

we are traveling with friends who will be across the hall on both cruises.

I really don't think the extra $$ for DV4 is worth it but no choice although something may open up as we get closer to higher penalties for cancelling.

We were in 3010 in the Star and never heard a thing from Torshavn, however, under the circumstances on the Sea at present this might present a different set if circumstances and conditions. We were usually at the theater presentations so it's not like we went to sleep at 8:00. On the Viking Homelands cruise there are many things to keep you busy off the ship and we were there. In our area of Deck 3 unless you were early to bed, a light sleeper or had excellent hearing I think you should do fine.

I mis typed We are in 4077 and our friends in 4078 for the World Cruise.....just hoping the elevators are quiet....

Are there ice machines in the hallway like on the Long Ships?

Don't yet have a cabin assignment; my guess is that we most likely will be somewhere mid-ship on deck 3. The on-line diagrams have Torshaven adjacent to the atrium, while 3004 is up near the bow. Are you sure of the cabin number; might it be 3040???

I presume the deck 3 cabins aft of the atrium are OK? how do you rate 3051?

Yes, im bad at numbers so i could have gotten it wrong. In any case, Torshavn parties until the wee hours.

How do i rate 3051? A bit odd. We were in 3072 in June. It was quiet in spite of being over the MDR. I like aft and low, personally.

I mis typed We are in 4077 and our friends in 4078 for the World Cruise.....just hoping the elevators are quiet....

No ice machines. You must ask your steward for ice.

I'll take a good look at things in the morning and get back to you.

Across the ship seems a good plan for friends traveling together on such a long cruise. 4077 and 4078 are close to but aft of the stairwell. With all the padding along the corridor wall, you shouldn't hear much.

Thank you so much for checking. we are excited for both our upcoming Viking Ocean adventures.....bucket list is shrinking from the top but there will always be something to add!

Hope you are enjoying Barcelona.

Across the ship seems a good plan for friends traveling together on such a long cruise. 4077 and 4078 are close to but aft of the stairwell. With all the padding along the corridor wall, you shouldn't hear much.

Checking further, 4077 is right at the stairwell.

Thanks for view of 3rd floor, have guaranteed cabin for the Caribbean/ South American tour.

I do have a question, what's the difference between the star and the sea. Going on both, but just furious

Opps, meant curious, sorry

Hi Peregrina! Enjoy Barcelona. We have spent quite a bit of time there over a few visits and we truly enjoy the city and surroundings. So much to do and such kind people.

Anyway...if you have a chance, would appreciate your impression of cabin 4088....I am thinking it looks pretty good but it's always nice to have feedback.

Thanks for your kind offer!

VV,

On the Star, we were in 3088 and on the Sea in 5086, so I think I can say that your cabin is in a good location and should be nice and quiet. :)

Becki