Anthem of the Seas - Dress Code / Formal Wear Question

Rossjc88

Hi All,

It's our first time cruising and due to the change from dynamic dining I understand there will now be 2 formal nights on our 12 night Jan cruise;

Could anyone let me know what you should wear on a formal night?

Also the same question for the other nights in the main dining rooms?

Many Thanks

Ross

Hi All,

It's our first time cruising and due to the change from dynamic dining I understand there will now be 2 formal nights on our 12 night Jan cruise;

Could anyone let me know what you should wear on a formal night?

Also the same question for the other nights in the main dining rooms?

Many Thanks

Ross

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

I no longer wear a suit or jacket on Formal Nights, just a nice pair of dress slacks and collared dress shirt. On one cruise they handed me a jacket asking me to place it over my arm as I walked to my table, and then place it on the back of my chair. I have worn a Tux before, but when I asked my wife about dressing up like that again, she said she preferred that I dress smart casual instead. The lady is always right, a gentleman should dress to her dress level. :):):)

I no longer wear a suit or jacket on Formal Nights, just a nice pair of dress slacks and collared dress shirt. On one cruise they handed me a jacket asking me to place it over my arm as I walked to my table, and then place it on the back of my chair. I have worn a Tux before, but when I asked my wife about dressing up like that again, she said she preferred that I dress smart casual instead. The lady is always right, a gentleman should dress to her dress level. :):):)

My husband wore his suit/tie and I wore a cocktail dress on our one and only (marvelous!) Royal Caribbean cruise. We fit right in with what everyone else was wearing.

Thanks both, I think I may leave the tux at home, we're travelling from the UK so there is only so much you can pack.

What do guests tend to wear the other nights? The "smart casual" option?

Thanks

Ross

This is always a question with many answers according to the persons own style, opinion, their own want or comfort level... some stick to the dress code according to what RC has suggested and some would rather wear whatever they want. On Formal nights I personally LOVE getting dressed up in a cocktail dress, my husband doesn't wear a tux, though I wouldn't mine, but he brings his black suits with nice ties. We never feel out of place.

Based on my observation on Oasis Dec 18-23, anything goes. We dined at Chef's Table on formal night. One female showed up in "short shorts" and no one paid any attention. We wore "Celebrity Chic" and felt overdressed. I know, formal is only for MDR. We no longer pack tux or even suits since neither Celebrity or Royal seems to care. Each night we were in Diamond Club many were in shorts and not dress shorts. I guess to each his own.

Based on my observation on Oasis Dec 18-23, anything goes. We dined at Chef's Table on formal night. One female showed up in "short shorts" and no one paid any attention. We wore "Celebrity Chic" and felt overdressed. I know, formal is only for MDR. We no longer pack tux or even suits since neither Celebrity or Royal seems to care. Each night we were in Diamond Club many were in shorts and not dress shorts. I guess to each his own.

That has been my experience on all RCCL ships I have been on in the past 5-10 years. No real dress code enforced. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen anyone wearing military formal uniforms other than ship staff?

I'm retired Army and look to wear my Dress Blues whenever I can. Darn thing was so expensive and it's not like I get an opportunity to wear it that much!

Have you seen anyone wearing military formal uniforms other than ship staff?

I'm retired Army and look to wear my Dress Blues whenever I can. Darn thing was so expensive and it's not like I get an opportunity to wear it that much!

Yes, we see military uniforms quite often.

FWIW

For men -- if you're going to want to have a portrait taken (why not, if you don't like it, don't buy it), you may want a sports jacket anyway, and a Tie takes up no room in packing. So that's what I wear. I no longer take a suit, and a Tux is by far the exception rather than the rule.

On my last couple of RCCI cruises -- I'd say the rule is not really enforced, so it's more what you're comfortable with.