Royal Carib Catamaran & Snorkel question

Traveling man 1673a

I personally am not a fan of ship sponsored catamaran snorkel excursions. too crowded, guides tend to herd you around, people get in your way, you can only go as fast as the slowest snorkeler and there are a lot of beginners who should not be on the excursion. Plus, once the drinks start to flow freely, it becomes a mob scene.

That said, if you want to snorkel in Costa Maya, heading out to the barrier reef is the best way to go. Great reef, part of the barrier reef up from off the coast of Belize, Lots a sea life and coral.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. We didn't intend to do a ship sponsored Catamaran and Snorkel excursion in Roatan and contacted the company recommended by many people on TripAdviser...only to find that they were the vendor used by the cruise line and we had to go through the cruise line to book. It was absolutely the BEST catamaran and snorkel excursion we've ever been on. While this might not be the same, I now know not to just dismiss doing an excursion for the sole reason that the ones offered by the ship aren't all bad. I'd like to know more about the one on Costa Maya. Anyone know the name of the vendor they use or anything about this excursion? We have a lot of OBC and think this might work for us.