Wine List / Drink Prices

Janet524

We will have the beverage package as a perk for our Caribbean Princess cruise. I see that it covers drinks up to $10. We are mostly wine drinkers and wonder if anyone has a list of wine by the glass. Also, if a glass of wine is more than the $10 covered in the package, can we just pay the difference? This will be our first cruise with Princess. Thanks.

We will have the beverage package as a perk for our Caribbean Princess cruise. I see that it covers drinks up to $10. We are mostly wine drinkers and wonder if anyone has a list of wine by the glass. Also, if a glass of wine is more than the $10 covered in the package, can we just pay the difference? This will be our first cruise with Princess. Thanks.

The package does not apply to drinks more than $10.

You would pay for the drink in that case.

Does anyone have the current wine list by the bottle? I would like to update my spreadsheet that compares wine on board to Total Wine prices in Florida.

Whenever someone asks for the wine list, I share your great spreadsheet & acknowledged your hard work.

I'll be sailing in a few days & will attempt to provide you with a current wine list.

Whenever someone asks for the wine list, I share your great spreadsheet & acknowledged your hard work.

I'll be sailing in a few days & will attempt to provide you with a current wine list.

Thanks for the kind words Astro. We have not been on a ship in just over a year now, so I am anticipating some changes. Just above, the previous post indicates changes due very soon. Perhaps you can inquire how recent the list is on your cruise.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the kind words Astro. We have not been on a ship in just over a year now, so I am anticipating some changes. Just above, the previous post indicates changes due very soon. Perhaps you can inquire how recent the list is on your cruise.

Enjoy!!

I'll check the current wine list & inquire about any pending or future changes. That's the least I can do to help you update your helpful spreadsheet.

It's been only 8 months since our most recent cruise & we're eager to sail again soon! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy!!

I'll check the current wine list & inquire about any pending or future changes. That's the least I can do to help you update your helpful spreadsheet.

It's been only 8 months since our most recent cruise & we're eager to sail again soon! :D

The wine list in your Excel spreadsheet is still current except for a couple of changes. Also no one I talked to was aware of any pending changes but that certainly doesn't mean there won't be changes this year like 'critterchick' was told.

Removed:

Greystone Cellars (Cabernet Sauvignon & Chardonnay)

Patz & Hall Pinot Noir (now listed under (Maître d' Specials - $59)

Added:

Robert Mondavi "Private Selection" 375 ml (Cabernet Sauvignon & Chardonnay) - $16

Maître d' Specials:

Ferrucio Sgubin Sauvignon (Fruili, Italy) - $32

Brunello di Montalcino (Italy) - $102

Masseto (Italy) - $450

Frank, Thanks for posting. I had only taken photos of the red wines on our cruise on the Pacific in November. The wine list was dated August 2016 so it might be good until late in 2017.

Thanks Brian...rechecking my photos for the wine list it had the same August 2016 date.

As I recall, 'steelers36' created his helpful spreadsheet comparison for wine purchased onboard vs Total Wine in FL around late 2015 based on your previously posted wine list. And with only a couple of changes since then, I'm skeptical that there'll be a major change before August 2017 & will recheck it on our October cruise.

We drank a lot of the Ruffino Chianti Ducale Riserva and the Domaine de Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf-du-Pape. I compared the cost of wine purchased on board with the silver wine package and the cost with the wine package was cheaper than bringing bottles on board and paying the $15 corkage fee for almost every wine.

We drank a lot of the Ruffino Chianti Ducale Riserva and the Domaine de Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf-du-Pape. I compared the cost of wine purchased on board with the silver wine package and the cost with the wine package was cheaper than bringing bottles on board and paying the $15 corkage fee for almost every wine.

We also enjoyed the Ducale Riserva & if you haven't tried the Vall Llach Embruix (Priorat, Spain) or the Giordano Tradizione Barolo maybe you'd also enjoy them. We were gifted a couple of bottles of wine so we got those bottles of wine from our wine package to enjoy at home.

LOVE that Barolo!!!

Where can we find the spreadsheet of price comparisons created by steelers36?? Thank you!

We discovered Barolo while using the Gold wine package (up to $45 bottles for $28-$31 depending upon how many bottles purchased) which allows us to explore more expensive wines. Because of our 2 bottles of gifted wine we got 2 bottles of Barolo to enjoy at home. :D

Here's the link to 'steelers36' Excel spreadsheet:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=372694&d=1452007348

Edited by Astro Flyer

We discovered Barolo while using the Gold wine package (up to $45 bottles for $28-$31 depending upon how many bottles purchased) which allows us to explore more expensive wines. Because of our 2 bottles of gifted wine we got 2 bottles of Barolo to enjoy at home. :D

Here's the link to 'steelers36' Excel spreadsheet:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=372694&d=1452007348

Thank you Astro Flyer--much appreciated.

Looking forward to the Barolo again in about 10 days. We had it about 2-3 times last August; first in Crown Grill then tried to get it in MDR and they said "we're out", which was odd since we had just had it the night before! Anyway, went to Sabatini's and what did we get?!? The Barolo...obviously, they were not all gone! So we had a bottle there and bought an extra to take to the dining room the next night (or maybe made them run go find it) regardless...that was the only way (for us at least on that sailing) to get it in MDR!

Searching the Princess website, I am unable to find a "silver" or "gold" wine package. Does anyone have a copy. We drink only wine, rarely a cocktail, no soda, so the beverage package is not attractive to me. We tend to like more expensive wines. For cruise next July on the Ruby, my plan was to bring wine on board and just pay the corkage fee. If there is a discount package I would like to be able to compare. We typically buy at Total Wine here in New Jersey

Edited by kdowneymd

Searching the Princess website, I am unable to find a "silver" or "gold" wine package. Does anyone have a copy. We drink only wine, rarely a cocktail, no soda, so the beverage package is not attractive to me. We tend to like more expensive wines. For cruise next July on the Ruby, my plan was to bring wine on board and just pay the corkage fee. If there is a discount package I would like to be able to compare. We typically buy at Total Wine here in New Jersey

Our cruise is a 7 day RT Seattle, so my thought was to buy wine in Seattle prior to boarding.

Unfortunately they generally only have wine packages on 10+ day cruises however have read of a few who had it on 7-day cruises so you will probably have to bring your own wine or purchase onboard.

There is no mention of the wine packages anywhere on the Princess website. Their reasoning is because it's not available on all cruises they won't promote it. Princess promotes other things not available on all ships such as SHARE so I'm skeptical about their reasoning.

For future reference, here's the information for the wine packages which was still valid on our just completed 15-day Hawaii cruise.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference (plus now 15% tip). For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46.15 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.