The Alaskan jackets

lk2fly

Hsmama, I'm buying one but I'm also taking along an umbrella that clamps onto my scooter ;) Hopefully we won't be out in a drenching rain.

Diver, you could always call and ask them if the online/store prices are the same - but would you really want to add gear to what you'll have to find room for in the cabin and your suitcase coming home? Winter gear can get quite bulky.

Does anyone know if you can get the same prices at the store that they are advertising online(all merchandise)? Looks like there are some decent deals online.

Thanks

The online deals are because it is the off-season for them. Only the locals are around and they don't purchase tourist items.

There is a second floor of the store that is for outfitting the locals.

Does anyone know if you can get the same prices at the store that they are advertising online(all merchandise)? Looks like there are some decent deals online.

Thanks

The jackets are $19.99 in the store. At least they have been.

I don't remember many of the prices on the other items but this is a very inexpensive place to buy souvenirs and I have bought many of them here in May at the beginning of the season and they are pretty cheap.

Not sure how much has to do with off season because the prices I am familiar with are the same online. You can always call and ask. Friendly people!

Edited by Coral

• 2 months later...
It looks like this is a great deal on the jackets. Are these warm enough the first cruise of the season 4/30? Also I'm from Florida and today it is 55 degrees and I'm freezing - will this jacket be enough if I layer? Thanks

We bought them the last time we went to Alaska. It was May 10th, the first cruise of the season. It was plenty warm for us. The only snow we encountered was the stay in Denali. It was mostly flurries. Don't forget to bring a hat and gloves.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

It looks like this is a great deal on the jackets. Are these warm enough the first cruise of the season 4/30? Also I'm from Florida and today it is 55 degrees and I'm freezing - will this jacket be enough if I layer? Thanks

I am from Florida also and am concerned about the cold. I will be traveling in mid-May and likely will be bringing my down jacket. However, this jacket looks intriguing, but sizing may not work for me.

I'm thinking about ordering several on line as souvenirs for family members, before we cruise. Then when we get back from our cruise I can say "Look what I brought you from Alaska!" And I won't have to find room for them in my luggage!

I'm thinking about ordering several on line as souvenirs for family members, before we cruise. Then when we get back from our cruise I can say "Look what I brought you from Alaska!" And I won't have to find room for them in my luggage!

Perfect!!

I bought the largest size they carry although I really needed one size larger, hoping that the unisex sizing would provide enough extra fabric for me to wear it. It didn't, so I passed it to my SIL who lives in Houston and I think is bringing one whole suitcase of just coats and sweaters. ;) But it IS a nice jacket, especially for the money!

I always get a new one (pink) every time we're there. I have stood in cold nasty weather on deck and kept warm while wearing it. It has a hood and several pockets. I buy the one that says 'Ketchikan'. Throw it in the washing machine (hang dry) and it comes out like new. Does run a size large. Great buy!