Just off Conquest, Ask Away!

OceansOfTravels

It's been about a year since we sailed on Carnival - the Conquest. We don't remember if they had a REAL show every night or were some shows using guests in shows like Dating Game or the Newlywed Show. We don't consider using fellow cruisers as real shows. Just got off of the MSC Danvinia and they had great shows every night. We did miss Carnival's comedy club though.

I'm glad to hear the good things about the Divina shows, as she is my next cruise! :D

I am currently sitting in FLL for another 5 hours as I wait for my flight home. I just got off of the 8 night Christmas cruise that stopped in Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten and St.Kitts. I'm open to any questions, I'll be honest!

Happy New Year to all!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Long time Princess cruiser...contemplating a switch. So how was the live music selection, dancing / dance floors on the Conquest?

@mkhayes23 - St maarten if you want to just go to the beach you can catch the water taxi (it's not very expensive ) or if you don't mind walking go out of the port go left follow the water and approximately 1 mile is a calm beach that you can rent chairs if you want to. Restaurants, bars and shops if interested.

Many people will do a taxi tour and go to the beach near the airport where the planes go in and out really close to your heads.

San Juan- we usually get on there but you can walk around town, go to the fort and also there is a nice walkway along the water where there is usually a bunch of cats around!

I believe there is a free tram you can use but you would have to research that.

No close very nice beaches that we have found.

Long time Princess cruiser...contemplating a switch. So how was the live music selection, dancing / dance floors on the Conquest?

There is a steel drum player who plays everyday by the pool. There was a good trio who played in the promenade, sometimes with a vocalist, and many danced there. There was also very good latin music on Deck 4. Vocalists in the lobby every evening.

Hi! Do you have the Fun Times or happen to know how late the hot tubs were open? I saw someone post a Fun Times from Nov and they were only open til 10pm. On the Valor and Liberty the midship and aft ones were open til 12am when I was on those ships in 2016. We have late dining and like to go sit in the hot tub for a little bit after dinner.

We just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. After seeing recommendations on here for Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten, we booked a private tour for the 4 of us. It cost about the same as the group excursion through Carnival. I can't say enough good things about our guide, Romeo. He was a great resource for the history of the island and took us all over! He asked what we wanted and we saw everything we wanted and more. He took us to the out of the way places that the locals frequent. We had an amazing lunch by the beach and shopped in a little bazaar. Check out Bernard's Tours online & ask for Romeo!

We just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. After seeing recommendations on here for Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten, we booked a private tour for the 4 of us. It cost about the same as the group excursion through Carnival. I can't say enough good things about our guide, Romeo. He was a great resource for the history of the island and took us all over! He asked what we wanted and we saw everything we wanted and more. He took us to the out of the way places that the locals frequent. We had an amazing lunch by the beach and shopped in a little bazaar. Check out Bernard's Tours online & ask for Romeo!

Was the lunch part of the tour or was it your choice?

Glad you had a good time!

"lunch by the beach and shopped in a little bazaar"?? Forgive me but I am just trying to figure out where this is, if you don't mind sharing? Did he take you to the lolos in Marigot maybe? Or are you talking of 2 separate places...lunch was separate than the "bazaar"? Thanks :D

On the Conquest, there are two "Serenity-like" areas on Deck 10, mid-ship.

There are no hot tubs but they do have those big, plush, comfy sofas, chairs, and hassocks. The Starboard side is a smoking section but the Port side is non-smoking. There was never anyone on the Port side and it was the perfect spot to bring your lunch or a drink, take a nap, read a book, etc., because it is situated under the Deck 11 Sports Deck overhang and is shaded.