Beverage Package Question

broadwaycam

I see the terms of the beverage package say can get 2 drinks at a time. Does that mean I can order my drink and my mom's and not need to have her card with me? We both have package.

Provided you are in the same cabin so the "card" knows you both have the package. I think it works on the room number and the bartender's computer will automatically sort it out from either card.

So, to be clear, I have the UBP and so does my brother (we are both in the same room). I can just order 2 drinks whenever I like and not be charged? I know we cant share them, but it would be nice to be able to get one for each of us without both of us having to go to the bar.

Thank you.

So, to be clear, I have the UBP and so does my brother (we are both in the same room). I can just order 2 drinks whenever I like and not be charged? I know we cant share them, but it would be nice to be able to get one for each of us without both of us having to go to the bar.

Thank you.

Provided the cost of each one is less than USD15. Also you might get "caught" if you keep getting two with no sign of your brother!!

Provided the cost of each one is less than USD15. Also you might get "caught" if you keep getting two with no sign of your brother!!

There is nothing to be "caught" from - the terms clearly state that a passenger can get two drinks now, one doesn't need to be taking the other somewhere (and actually sharing drinks from the package is still forbidden).

There is nothing to be "caught" from - the terms clearly state that a passenger can get two drinks now, one doesn't need to be taking the other somewhere (and actually sharing drinks from the package is still forbidden).

Does this mean that if my wife and I go to a bar we can get 4 drinks between us and each can cost up to USD15?

We were on the Epic last month and this was not the case at most bars. I was only allowed to order one and waiter told me if I wanted another next time to make sure and bring dh's card. We didn't have nay problem at the Atrium bar but most other bars yes, you needed 2 cards.

We were on the Epic last month and this was not the case at most bars. I was only allowed to order one and waiter told me if I wanted another next time to make sure and bring dh's card. We didn't have nay problem at the Atrium bar but most other bars yes, you needed 2 cards.

The change in T&C was reported here only mid-December so it could be that your cruise was earlier or that the info hadn't trickled down to all bartenders (or especially to waiters) yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431976

Edited by Demonyte

I never had a problem getting 2 drinks at once on the Getaway. I even ordered 2 glasses of wine and asked for it in 1 glass and it was no problem. I like to be friendly with the bartenders and tip them well and they will bend over backwards to make you happy. The most outstanding of all the staff I met on the Getaway were bartenders! My sister and I even saw our favorite bartender walking down the pier in Cozumel with a bag of his own groceries, on his own time and he called us by name and offered to take our picture with the ship behind us. Made a big impression on me! :)

Sent from my SM-S978L using Forums mobile app

If I can get 2 drinks to the value of $15 then why can I not get one to the value of $30?

Oh boy. Really?

If folks start pushing this "concept", I will tell you what the final result will be:

"Passengers are allowed to get ONE drink with a value of up to $15."

Love this. Friends had a problem with this last time on Breakaway.

It is almost 2 years but last time on Breakaway even with both cards our friend could not get the two. I had to order the other one for her. (hubby was in the room with the kids watching a movie and she wanted to take drinks back to the room.) All four us us had the package as well as her two little ones.

Oh boy. Really?

If folks start pushing this "concept", I will tell you what the final result will be:

"Passengers are allowed to get ONE drink with a value of up to $15."

Yep. One person always manages to ruin a good thing for everyone else. Right now I'm just excited that I can get a double or 2 drinks to take back to my cabin.

At work a few years back same thing happened. By contract the boss can deviate your working hours by up to 2 hours, more than 2 hours and you are owed overtime. At the time we worked 8pm to 4 am and loved those hours, but occasionally you had to cover the administrative duties and work 11 pm to 7 am. It was understood that you didn't push for the overtime for the 3 hour deviation. One person didn't like it and tried to put for the overtime and then we all had to work 9pm to 5 am so it would only be a 2 hour deviation. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums