Choice Air experiences

irishgal432

My FF miles did not work on my flight from ATL-BCN for my September cruise from Barcelona.

Choice Air has a 1040am flight non stop available or a 120pm flight with a connection in Amsterdam with 1:15 layover.

Has anyone had experience with missing their flights or connection when booking with Choice Air and were able to get rescheduled at no cost? I know that they will fly you to the next port if you missed the boat but what about the return flight?

1:15 is a little tight for your AMS connection particularly if you are unfamiliar with the transit process at AMS and even more particularly if you are flying in on embarkation day. Check the minimum connection times for AMS.

I think I saw mention of a direct flight from BCN to ATL around 10:40 and if you can do self disembarkation and hop in a cab that is a doable option if there are no issues with the arrival.

I'd like a little more leeway personally just because I hate tight connections and self disembarkation. And we no longer arrive in the embarkation city the day of departure and haven't for at least the last twenty years.

4 years ago we booked Choice Air flights from Ottawa to Barcelona with a connection in Frankfurt. The first leg was on Air Canada connecting to Lufthansa. We had a 1:45 connection window and due to late arrival, having to deplane on the Tarmac , shuttle to the terminal, etc arrived at our gate shortly after our flight had closed.

We found a Lufthansa rep who took our tickets and quickly offered us 3 different options (2 with connections, one direct, two with Lufthansa and one with another airline). No issues getting rebooked. Whe chose the direct Lufthansa flight.

He also allowed us to use his phone to call Choice Air. The Choice Air rep reviewed the flight options we were provided and didn't see anything else, he said to call him back if there were any further delays and he said he would notify the ship of our later than expected arrival.

While waiting for our new connection I searched on ITA Matrix to see if there was anything else and didn't see any viable options other than the 3 we were offered.

Long story short, we got to the ship approx 30 minutes prior to sailing, a rep was waiting for us and immediately took us onboard to complete our check in.

IMHO Choice Air caused no issues (others talk about tickets being very restrictive but mine weren't). The rebooking was done by Lufthansa without needing to deal with Choice Air.

Going forward I will still use Choice Air when it makes sense. I will also err on the side of caution when looking at connection times.

1:15 is a little tight for your AMS connection particularly if you are unfamiliar with the transit process at AMS and even more particularly if you are flying in on embarkation day. Check the minimum connection times for AMS.

I think I saw mention of a direct flight from BCN to ATL around 10:40 and if you can do self disembarkation and hop in a cab that is a doable option if there are no issues with the arrival.

I'd like a little more leeway personally just because I hate tight connections and self disembarkation. And we no longer arrive in the embarkation city the day of departure and haven't for at least the last twenty years.

Sorry my post was confusing. We are going to Barcelona 2 days early. I was concerned about the return flight from bcn to atl and if choice air would still be helpful since it was after the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums